PDA

View Full Version : The Policing Blog

09-19-2008, 02:18 AM
As all of you or most of you know there is quite a stir going on over the blog POLICINGMIAMIDADE.BLOGSPOT.COM . If you haven't had the chance to go by and check it out, take a minute, well more than that now, and see what you think. People want to go to an elected sheriff but are unsure how to do it. A charter change can be sponsored by a Commission member or can be started by a citizen's initiative. This would require petition signatures, in a number that is a certain percentage of the voters in Miami-Dade County. I just left the information over there on the other blog, so I figured I would put it here too, just in case. Be well. D

10-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I just logged on and read it all. Wha' Happened to the department? I've been working my butt off for 18 years and I have never seen anything like this. Since when did the dept. turn into Spurberry?

10-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Since Carlos Alvarez, Robert Parker and their minions prostituted the department the honorable Fred Taylor handed to Alvarez. Sadly under Alvarez and Parker, our beloved PSD, Metro-Police, Miami-Dade PD has been turned into a nest of hores and effeminates, all driven by an unbridled desire to be promoted. E. Wilson Purdy would be appalled by what the department he rescued from the throes of blighting corruption has turned to!

10-05-2008, 01:42 AM
This was the only dept. I applied to, and I have worked hard my entire time here. Yeah, I got shafted on a couple of occasions, but I have always adhered to the theory that right is might, and if you do a good job, have a little humanity, that all will be well in the end. After reading the blog, and a couple of posts here...I am ready to retire. The 25th year can't get here quick enough.