PDA

View Full Version : RETENTION

09-17-2008, 09:14 AM
The Retention Rate in Hollywood is horrible. Although we do receive a generous yearly pay raise, something is driving officers out in groves. In less then a year I can think of 11.Wright, Porter, Judon, Dobrough, Curbelo, Cason, Gonzalez (x2), Torres, Kerns, and Roberts. Good officers replaced by inexperienced officers that have to learn the system. We need to make keeping officers here a priority. Change is something we can believe in. Constant change is irritating.

09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
The Retention Rate in Hollywood is horrible. Although we do receive a generous yearly pay raise, something is driving officers out in groves. In less then a year I can think of 11.Wright, Porter, Judon, Dobrough, Curbelo, Cason, Gonzalez (x2), Torres, Kerns, and Roberts. Good officers replaced by inexperienced officers that have to learn the system. We need to make keeping officers here a priority. Change is something we can believe in. Constant change is irritating. RETENTION IS VERY IMPORTANT. I'M SURE THE CHIEF IS TRYING TO RETAIN OFFICERS. I THINK THE LEADERSHIP IS OK. WILL IS TRYING TO BRING THE LEADERSHIP BACK LIKE IT WAS. HOPEFULLY WE CAN START HIRING.

09-17-2008, 11:37 PM
I came to work today and did not brush my teeth. Today I took a crap in the DB bathroom and did not flush then I busted ass by dispatch today and blamed it on a sgt. My crusier smells like a cat litter box and my significant other likes to dress me up like dog the bounty hunter. I drive around all day and try to dodge calls, Tell you the truth, I would need help filling out a PC or UTC. I take things out of people's mailbox and occasionally take a report or 2 out of the records box just to keep th missing report list up to date. I would love to be demoted to a service aide and work details watching the latest "Shield" episode. The biggest decesion I make daily is EDR or food court. I go to the gym itch my nuts and put in for an hour of wellness. I tell all my frineds that I get into multiple car and foot chases a week. I dont smoke however, I get free smokes from First American and sell them at the Swap Shop. I come to details 15 minutes late and leave 30 minutes early.
I sip on duty from my GQ flask. Best of all Everyone iknows In do it.

09-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I came to work today and did not brush my teeth. Today I took a crap in the DB bathroom and did not flush then I busted ass by dispatch today and blamed it on a sgt. My crusier smells like a cat litter box and my significant other likes to dress me up like dog the bounty hunter. I drive around all day and try to dodge calls, Tell you the truth, I would need help filling out a PC or UTC. I take things out of people's mailbox and occasionally take a report or 2 out of the records box just to keep th missing report list up to date. I would love to be demoted to a service aide and work details watching the latest "Shield" episode. The biggest decesion I make daily is EDR or food court. I go to the gym itch my nuts and put in for an hour of wellness. I tell all my frineds that I get into multiple car and foot chases a week. I dont smoke however, I get free smokes from First American and sell them at the Swap Shop. I come to details 15 minutes late and leave 30 minutes early.

You are not only that last true American,,, you are my hero. I see many people here with that profile,, they just dont admit it.. Keep up the good work.
" if you never try,,,, you can never fail.

09-24-2008, 03:52 PM

You are not only that last true American,,, you are my hero. I see many people here with that profile,, they just dont admit it.. Keep up the good work.
" if you never try,,,, you can never fail.AND THATS EXACTLY HOW ALL HOW ALL OTHER AGENCIES LOOK AT US. THE JOKE OF BROWARD COUNTY. YEH HAW.

09-28-2008, 12:30 AM
[quote=Gus]I came to work today and did not brush my teeth. Today I took a crap in the DB bathroom and did not flush then I busted ass by dispatch today and blamed it on a sgt. My crusier smells like a cat litter box and my significant other likes to dress me up like dog the bounty hunter. I drive around all day and try to dodge calls, Tell you the truth, I would need help filling out a PC or UTC. I take things out of people's mailbox and occasionally take a report or 2 out of the records box just to keep th missing report list up to date. I would love to be demoted to a service aide and work details watching the latest "Shield" episode. The biggest decesion I make daily is EDR or food court. I go to the gym itch my nuts and put in for an hour of wellness. I tell all my frineds that I get into multiple car and foot chases a week. I dont smoke however, I get free smokes from First American and sell them at the Swap Shop. I come to details 15 minutes late and leave 30 minutes early.

" if you never try,,,, you can never fail.AND THATS EXACTLY HOW ALL HOW ALL OTHER AGENCIES LOOK AT US. THE JOKE OF BROWARD COUNTY. YEH HAW.[/quote:1tcqcoaj]

Grand Wizard why are we the "joke" of Broward county? This is why. When someone has a warrant,, we take them to rehab, when someone has drugs on them,,,we take them to rehab,,,when someone is driving drunk,, we take them to rehab,, after 5 trips to Ft Lauderdale hopsital or John's place,,, guess what, its not working. Also people who have no police exp are promoted, people who do things here that would not be tolerated at another agency, keep their job,, or get promoted. This is a safe haven or refugee camp for retirees,, With that being said,,, is this some reasons we are the looked at as the "joke" of Broward county. This is a great dept,, it is just some things people do make you raise an eyebrow

10-04-2008, 12:14 AM
The Retention Rate in Hollywood is horrible. Although we do receive a generous yearly pay raise, something is driving officers out in groves. In less then a year I can think of 11.Wright, Porter, Judon, Dobrough, Curbelo, Cason, Gonzalez (x2), Torres, Kerns, and Roberts. Good officers replaced by inexperienced officers that have to learn the system. We need to make keeping officers here a priority. Change is something we can believe in. Constant change is irritating.

I just heard we are losing a Hollywood Sgt and a road officer to BSO, soon we will have no one left. This place is such a mess no wonder everyone leaves this sh*t hole. Here at seminole pd the rule is go to school get your education paid for by the tribe and hall ass. :x

10-04-2008, 01:10 AM
I'll stay I got over an 8 % raise today.

10-04-2008, 06:58 AM

I just heard we are losing a Hollywood Sgt and a road officer to BSO, soon we will have no one left. This place is such a mess no wonder everyone leaves this sh*t hole. Here at seminole pd the rule is go to school get your education paid for by the tribe and hall ass. :x

HAUL

10-05-2008, 03:42 AM

I just heard we are losing a Hollywood Sgt and a road officer to BSO, soon we will have no one left. This place is such a mess no wonder everyone leaves this sh*t hole. Here at seminole pd the rule is go to school get your education paid for by the tribe and hall ass. :x WHY ARE PEOPLE LEAVING WHEN A NEW POLICE CHIEF IS HERE ? IF THERE IS A NO CONFIDENCE THEN SOMETHING MUST BE SAID. THE CHIEF HAS TO MANY YES PEOPLE WORKING . CHIEF YOU HAVE GOT TO BE IN CHARGE, YOU NEED EXPERIENCE. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE ON THE OUTSIDE. THINGS ARE NOT GOING WELL, TAKE CARE OF YOUR OFFICERS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. GOOD LUCK.

HAUL