PDA

View Full Version : Contract Results

09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
The contract was ratified by a 6 to 1 vote in favor of accepting the contract......

Thanks to the Stewards and Trustees that assisted in the voting process along with all who voted......

The Executive Board

09-14-2008, 02:17 AM
For those of us who are not in-the-know, could someone from the union please outline the highlights of the terms of the contract? I understood 2% across-the-board....Please confirm this and let us know about the other details.

Thanks

09-14-2008, 04:10 AM
So, it looks like we have seven people who determine what's good for all of us. Sounds like what happens when the union endorses political candidates.

09-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Good point. Seems like there might be a slight case of disenfranchisement going on. 7 people voting for a union with a strength of over 300?

09-15-2008, 12:27 AM
How many stewards and trustees does it take to count seven votes? Please provide the names of all involved (trustees, stewards and voters). It'll probably be just seven names total. Anyone wonder why the Teamsters have lost members in droves over the last few years.

09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
How many stewards and trustees does it take to count seven votes? Please provide the names of all involved (trustees, stewards and voters). It'll probably be just seven names total. Anyone wonder why the Teamsters have lost members in droves over the last few years.

The Teamsters are pathetic. I know that on a large scale (because I receive their ridiculous mailings) that t4hey are doing a great job (?). I would like to see maybe somebody explain to me what they have accomplished for the average deputy in the last 2 years...it could be something about a quality contract (not), discipline issues (unknown), or anything. Can anybody tell me?