PDA

View Full Version : Personnel Hierarchy

09-10-2008, 01:01 AM
With budget cuts looming everyone is wondering what positions will be cut next. I worry that with the lpossibility of a millage rollback, the Sheriff will begin laying off deputies.

First, let me say I disagreed that Civil Process Servers should have been laid off before several other civilian positions. The allocation of their duties to Patrol is an additional burden on an already understaffed and overburdened Division. Unfortunately, with the possible millage rollback, it appears the Sheriff will be "forced" to lay off deputies. Take a look at his Crime Analysis Division whose sole responsibility is keeping track of crime statistics. Their civilian supervisor alone makes over 10 thousand dollars more than a starting deputy. The Training Director is making more than a starting deputy. What the Sheriff doesn't want you to know is he is only working part-time. That's right, 24 hours a week for the same pay as deputies who put their lives on the line everyday for over 40 hours a week. The Sheriff laid off all the Victim Advocates, but a Training Director for a non-existent training program took presendence.

I guess putting up signs for the Sheriff's campaign really pays off...but at what expense?

Wake up Sheriff Hall! Your deputies need you to stand up for them!

09-13-2008, 06:46 PM
I hate to break this to you, but Crime analysis does a lot more than keep track of crime statistics. It's obvious you have never had to use their services. They are invaluable in many cases.

BTW the Sheriff's pay last year was over $120k, so that's significantly more than any deputy in this department.

09-14-2008, 05:38 AM
"It's obvious you have never had to use their services."

My point exactly...

09-14-2008, 03:29 PM
My point is, if you knew what they did, you might use their services.

09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I guess you imply their starting salary should be more than that of a Deputy Sheriff or maybe they should keep their jobs and 3 deputies should be laid off? That was the point of my first post. If they lay off the first deputy before they lay off one of the analysts, I would consider that a failure by the Sheriff.

09-14-2008, 09:23 PM
guys why are y'all turning on each other. no deputies have been laid off and the chances of that ever happening are miniscule. why don't we just wait and see what happens on monday. that will decide the issue for SRC. hopefully there will be no more layoffs and those laid off can be brought back on board as soon as possible. let's leave chicken little out of this.