PDA

View Full Version : ECSO layoffs

09-09-2008, 07:20 AM
"Say, ya think those storm clouds in Escambia are headed eastward?"........

ESCAMBIA COUNTY - A budget dispute at the Escambia Sheriff's Office may result in dozens of deputies being taken off the force.

Outgoing Sheriff Ron Mcnesby says it boils down to the commission cutting too much money out of his budget.

Channel Three's Dan Thomas joins us in the studio with more on this story, which you'll see only on Channel Three.

Sheriff Mcnesby says he thought he knew what his budget was going to be 2 months ago.

The county is asking him to cut about 3 million dollars... He says he can't do it without firing deputies.

Sheriff Ron McNesby/Escambia County: "It concerns me because you know I'm sort of a lame duck and I hope that they're not trying to take advantage of this agency because I'm a lame duck. I may be a lame duck but I'm not a dumb duck."

Sheriff Mcnesby planned to cut his budget by 921 thousand dollars.

He found out last week, that wasn't going to cut it.

The commission wants to see the sheriff's office get by with 76 point 6 million dollars...

The sheriff says he needs 79 million 53 thousand dollars or deputies will have to go.

Ron McNesby/Escambia County: "In all honesty, I think that there was so much confusion at the board meeting the other night that they just didn't understand exactly what they were doing. I hope that's the case."

But County Commission Chairman Gene Valentino says that's not the case.

Quote: "I don't know how to tell (the sheriff) To manage his budget". Unquote.

A budget that's gone up 10 million dollars over the past 4 years.

Sheriff Ron McNesby/Escambia County: "I don't know how anybody can do it with any less because there are so many things that people don't understand that go on here every single day."

Ron McNesby/Escambia Sheriff: "We've got more deputies on the street than we've every had before because we've been able to fill a lot of those vacant positions. So now if I turn around and have to lay them off, then it's definitely going to have an affect on the citizens and that worries me an awful lot."

As for why Mcnesby is taking this action after he lost the election...

He says if it happens on his watch, then it's his responsibility and he didn't think it would be fair to a new sheriff to have make layoffs his first day on the job.Possible Escambia Deputy Layoffs

09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Get ready because Mcnugget isn't the only one that's going to be laying off Deputy's. Better off being a criminal....more money less BS and no back stabbing boss..

09-19-2008, 12:04 AM
The Escambia BCC voted tonight to accept the budget as is with no budget cuts to the Sheriffs Office. The margin was 4-1 with Commissioner White as the lone "no" vote. Despite all the BS for outgoing Commissioner Whitehead, he voted to accept the budget with no additional cuts.

09-19-2008, 09:27 PM
It amazes me that some of these a-holes want to make their mark even after they are booted. Ronnie Mac seemed like he wanted to lay off some guys and he probably had a few in mind that were openly against him. in Santa Rosa County Tom Stewart wanted to roll back the millage rates, knowing more people would get laid off. None, I repeat none of our political powers give 2 sh#ts about us, our families or anyone except those who contribute to their campaigns. This includes the man who was re-elected as sheriff in Santa Rosa County. If lay offs did occur, he would have picked and choosed the ones he wanted to go, regardless of senority. After all, he and lard@$$ Gordon Goodin met up to do away with senority so the sheriff could fire who he wanted.

02-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Everyone is expecting recession getting over soon. I have a very close friend, who graduated from Harvard. Worked for ML for over 8 years, recently he’s been “right sized” too, despite of his outstanding performance and the increasing revenue he generated. OMG, now the banking industry is badly hurt, how long it would take for those financial background guys like him get back to the job market. Banking jobs (http://www.joboutlets.com/list/english/category/financial_service_banking_jobs.html) are not there as much as before

02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Everyone is expecting recession getting over soon. I have a very close friend, who graduated from Harvard. Worked for ML for over 8 years, recently he’s been “right sized” too, despite of his outstanding performance and the increasing revenue he generated. OMG, now the banking industry is badly hurt, how long it would take for those financial background guys like him get back to the job market. Banking jobs (http://www.joboutlets.com/list/english/category/financial_service_banking_jobs.html) are not there as much as before

What is with all of that goobleygook?

02-11-2009, 10:31 PM

What is with all of that goobleygook?

Its a spam ad for joboutlets.com. :roll: