PDA

View Full Version : Major K.W.

09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Whats's up with the resignation/retirement of Major K.W.? I had heard he was leaving soon but this sounds as if he is taking another job not retireing. I also heard this morning that the Lt. Col. may be about to do the same thing possibly taking a Lt. with him. Any one know what's going on with either one of these guys?

09-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Take me with you I need better pay.

09-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I read Major KW's retirement letter this AM and I'm not sure what to take from it. Haven't heard anything on D-2 leaving but it wouldn't surprise me.

09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Wouldnt surprise me a bit. I read the Maj. retirement letter as well, and it sounded to me like he was going to work somewhere else as well. One thing I thought was laughable was the comment about the financial hardship of commuting from Pens. to Tally.
Come on, he's a Maj. making serious money. This doesnt say anything to the admin. about the problems the road dogs may be having if a Maj. cant afford to work here. Im guessing it hasnt crossed their minds once.

I wish the Maj. the best, he was always good to work for. Maybe the people in Tally see the writting on the wall, I do. I was also told recently from a reliable source from Tally that the Col. wants us to get back to "basics". The way it was stated traslated to me that he wants us to move backwards and be R E G U L A T O R S.

Very Sad.

09-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Wouldnt surprise me a bit. I read the Maj. retirement letter as well, and it sounded to me like he was going to work somewhere else as well. One thing I thought was laughable was the comment about the financial hardship of commuting from Pens. to Tally.
Come on, he's a Maj. making serious money. This doesnt say anything to the admin. about the problems the road dogs may be having if a Maj. cant afford to work here. Im guessing it hasnt crossed their minds once.

I wish the Maj. the best, he was always good to work for. Maybe the people in Tally see the writting on the wall, I do. I was also told recently from a reliable source from Tally that the Col. wants us to get back to "basics". The way it was stated traslated to me that he wants us to move backwards and be R E G U L A T O R S.

Very Sad.

MCCO is loosing the best Major in the state and one of the best managers I have ever worked for. I certainly feel for you all at MCCO.

The rumor is that Binder and the other Majors aren't far behind him. Once they are gone a merger with FHP is likely, which will effectively end CMV enforcement in Florida.

Regarding the Major's comments on his financial difficulties. It would difficult for anyone, Major or not, to tolerate the burden of maintaining two households, commuting 400 miles (200 each way) every week and supporting two children in college, one of which attends the Citadel.

Finally, I'm in my 11th year with the state. I have worked for 4 different agencies and have been everything from an Information Technician to an Investigator and I have worked everything from domestic violence to fraud. I have not found anything the state does that a local jurisdiction could not do, should it so choose. The sole reason for any state agency to exist is to regulate a particular activity conducted by a statutorily regulated entity. We are all regulators because our primary mission is not focused at traditional crimes.

Sad but true.

09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
[quote="DOT COP":2z7sl6za]Wouldnt surprise me a bit. I read the Maj. retirement letter as well, and it sounded to me like he was going to work somewhere else as well. One thing I thought was laughable was the comment about the financial hardship of commuting from Pens. to Tally.

Very Sad.

MCCO is loosing the best Major in the state and one of the best managers I have ever worked for. I certainly feel for you all at MCCO.

The rumor is that Binder and the other Majors aren't far behind him. Once they are gone a merger with FHP is likely, which will effectively end CMV enforcement in Florida.

Regarding the Major's comments on his financial difficulties. It would difficult for anyone, Major or not, to tolerate the burden of maintaining two households, commuting 400 miles (200 each way) every week and supporting two children in college, one of which attends the Citadel.

Finally, I'm in my 11th year with the state. I have worked for 4 different agencies and have been everything from an Information Technician to an Investigator and I have worked everything from domestic violence to fraud. I have not found anything the state does that a local jurisdiction could not do, should it so choose. The sole reason for any state agency to exist is to regulate a particular activity conducted by a statutorily regulated entity. We are all regulators because our primary mission is not focused at traditional crimes.

Sad but true.[/quote:2z7sl6za]

It is very sad but true.

After 19 years of sevice to the state, I am also leaving state law enforcement. I have worked for 3 different state agencies and found the same problems over and over. The bottom line is that I can not survive on my salary. I have 2 children in college and my expenses are more than my income. And I am only an Officer.

I have been welcomed by a city police department that wants me to be a part of their team. This includes better pay, better retirement, and a chance for better education and training. It wasn't an easy decision, but I had no choice but to change jobs.

Thanks again, Florida Law Enforcement. :x

09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I too am looking to go out of state to a PD or SO, due to little pay and cost of living in my area. I've worked at a PD prior to being DOT and can go back to it. It's a shame that I have to move on when I've been here over a 11 years but I have to whats best for my family.