PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tracy W.

09-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there knows what happened with Tracy W. I just heard he was fired. Makes me wonder with all the f-ups they keep, why they would fire such a good officer. I would appriciate any info.

09-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Piece of crap superviser

09-09-2008, 01:37 AM
its actually one of the best kept secrets in the department,no body knows and the people that do aren't saying a word. of course there are some rumors. the only people that i think really know is tracy and his supervisor and of course the big cheese in tallahassee. you are right,he was one of the best catch dogs around,a little on the crazy side,but that is what makes some of the best patrol officers.

09-09-2008, 02:23 AM
its actually one of the best kept secrets in the department,no body knows and the people that do aren't saying a word. of course there are some rumors. the only people that i think really know is tracy and his supervisor and of course the big cheese in tallahassee. you are right,he was one of the best catch dogs around,a little on the crazy side,but that is what makes some of the best patrol officers.

Its getting to be a running joke about officers being called catch dogs. I've met some good ones. I've also seen some that should have never been given a badge. I doubt there are many departments that would hire a crack head to work in a narcotics unit and a sex crimes unit would never have a known rapist as a detective. So why do we hire poachers? At best we could have used them as CIs.

rickjames
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't think your being fair to either supervisor

09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
are you saying he is a poacher? say what you want but it takes one to catch one.

09-10-2008, 12:20 AM
are you saying he is a poacher? say what you want but it takes one to catch one.

I don't know or even ever heard of Tracy W. I do know we have officers that have been hired with spotty histories concerning wildlife violations. We have officers that have brought picture albums of themselves poaching. We have officers that spend way too much time scouting on duty. We have officers setting up blinds and tree stands on duty. We have officers that guard properties for hunting rights. We have officers that have made sure they were not caught on game cameras by making the evidence of them being there disapear. To say it takes a poacher to catch one then I guess it takes a rapist to catch a rapist. Yeah right.

09-10-2008, 04:38 AM
this thread is starting to get away from what it was meant be, with the whole poacher thing. as for Tracy, I know him and I like him. has he bent some rules? I dont know, but name one of us who haven't. Before you respond with the holy then now I am angel speech,"I am not talking just about game violations". I am sure that some one will get on here and say that they are just perfect or have something to say about my spelling, I dont care. Tracy is well respected in some circles and some he is not. I do not know what he did and the fact that no one is saying anything about it makes me wonder. I hear rumors,but I respect the man to much to pass them along,even if they were true. I ask everyone who post here to do the same. Its all funny talking about denim jeans and cowboy hats,but remember this is just not a officers reputation but a mans reputation.

09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Why not call Tracy and ask him? It had nothing to do with his supervisor or supervisors. It had to do with Tracy. I think that it was out of respect for him that the agency did not publically discuss why he was fired. If someone wants to know so bad, either call him and get his version or do a public records request...