PDA

View Full Version : fight night under the lights

09-07-2008, 01:53 AM
What is going on. Who is running the school police? We need direction more than ever. How about arresting anyone who's disorderly at a football game and ban them from attending any school function. How about arresting them for trespass if they show up at any school function? How about sending the original arrest photo to every officer and having a deal with the state attorney's office to prosecute them if they show up at another school function? How about something from the top? The big guy needs to show up at football games and start to run this like a real police dept. or give it to someone else. Friday night was a disgrace. Who was at the controls at dispatch!!!

sickand tired

09-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Plain and simple, PBSO. Vote for a merger, and sell it to AJ and his crew!!!! We are shrinking and its horrible. I hate to see our department dwindle, but it is, just look around. It has now become an Officer safety issue. We are out manned, and out gunned.

09-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Plain and simple, PBSO. Vote for a merger, and sell it to AJ and his crew!!!! We are shrinking and its horrible. I hate to see our department dwindle, but it is, just look around. It has now become an Officer safety issue. We are out manned, and out gunned.

Next PBA meeting, I want to see who is going to bring the PBSO merger up. If you want the merger tell the PBA Reps to take it to the table to AJ. If the Reps don't it nothing will change. "WHO WILL STAND UP FOR THE MERGER", next meeting I want to see who and who won't!!!!!!!!!

09-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Its right there in the General Orders, that the police chain-of-command takes precedence over the principal during SPECIAL DETAILS, training, and investigations. However I've been to football games wherein the gate has been ordered closed by the police supervisor because of overcrowding and the principal has ordered it re-opened. I've had a principal butt his/her nose into one of my investigations and I told an AP about the Gen Order. The AP's reply was thats the offical rule, but not how it works in reality. I've also seen it tried where the officers at a game were locals, and the gates stayed shut. We're supposed to have the same authority according the Gen Orders, but the reality is that the opposed principal, AP, etc, can cause grief for the police officers who go by the GO.

09-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Its right there in the General Orders, that the police chain-of-command takes precedence over the principal during SPECIAL DETAILS, training, and investigations. However I've been to football games wherein the gate has been ordered closed by the police supervisor because of overcrowding and the principal has ordered it re-opened. I've had a principal butt his/her nose into one of my investigations and I told an AP about the Gen Order. The AP's reply was thats the offical rule, but not how it works in reality. I've also seen it tried where the officers at a game were locals, and the gates stayed shut. We're supposed to have the same authority according the Gen Orders, but the reality is that the opposed principal, AP, etc, can cause grief for the police officers who go by the GO.

Before I went on a tangent, My point is that planning for a SPECIAL DETAIL should be done by those in law enforcement, not those without any experience in planning for major events. I've arrived at proms, only to find out that admin has set up the check-in table in the middle of an area that the kids do not have to pass in order to attend the prom. When I've pointed it out, I've been told that they never thought of that. Some schools do not have an officer at "minor" sports like volleyball, softball, soccer, etc, but if a fan gets unruly and the official or administrator wants the fan removed and the fan refuses, what can the school do, threaten the fan with a detention? It could be a long wait for a local to show up and a lot a damage can be done in the meantime.

09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Before I went on a tangent, My point is that planning for a SPECIAL DETAIL should be done by those in law enforcement, not those without any experience in planning for major events. [/quote]

Valid points, but it is not the administrators fault, its the Police Departments fault. Since this agency has started the Principals and Administrators have been given too much authority. We can only blame ourselves, and the chain-of-command. We have to learn to pick our battles, and if you are right, then there is nothing anyone can do to you or us; just keep in mind that it is proven that the brass/Chief will not back you. The command staff will give admin what they want, EVERYIME. Then in turn, you will be assigned a different school.

This is our deaprtment, and our founding fathers have set it up this way. We need change, and it is not going to happen over night. We are slowing decreasing in numbers, and I am sure someone has something in store for us (AJ).

Like the previous poster stated, at the PBA meeting someone should request a PBSO merger/vote be looked into. Things can not get any worse, and then we can put the entire going green issue to rest. As of today the writing is on the wall, we do not have the tools to do our jobs safely and correctly.

09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I can only think that by shrinking the Dept. when PBSO finally takes over AJ will save money by saying the Dept functions with however many officers are left.

09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Are you whiners kidding me!!! ???? If you are working a venue whether it is outdoors or indoors by law there should be a maximum occupancy sign posted. If you feel that the venue that you are working is oversold and the maximum occupancy has been reached causing a safety concern for the general public just use your cell phone and call the FIRE DEPARTMENT they WILL shut it down. Why argue with the administration, use your resources and stop the whinning. Take some innovative actions you sorry sacks of shittake mushrooms.

09-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Ed, Did we get you out of bed?
Next time maybe the Chief will come out to play

09-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Maybe the Chief will come out to play at the Dwyer/Gardens game this Friday night? He is so out of touch with what we do

09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Ed, Did we get you out of bed?
Next time maybe the Chief will come out to play

Out of bed? you mean bar???

09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Ed was DOR!! Drunk on Radio!!!!

09-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Well I want to see the report from his two sidekicks. How are you going to write up calling the bomb squad for a fire cracker, or spraying other cops with skunk spray at a football game. I can't wait to read this fable. I would love to know the story the Chief heard. He sure covers for his idiots.

09-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Well I want to see the report from his two sidekicks. How are you going to write up calling the bomb squad for a fire cracker, or spraying other cops with skunk spray at a football game. I can't wait to read this fable. I would love to know the story the Chief heard. He sure covers for his idiots.

WHat are you talking about?