PDA

View Full Version : FWC on the way out?

solus
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Are you sure FWC officers will be around much longer? I have read through all of these sites. I have read through the FWC portions of the postings. At least 90% of it was about officer's complaints about FWC as an agency, officer's complaints about OTHER officers complaining too much or being "too negative", officer's complaints about their pay, etc...
BUT, most importantly of all the complaints that was disturbing - HOW THE OFFICERS ARE TREATED by the agency.
I just wonder (since FWC is losing SO MANY officers, more now than in the past), how much longer before the county LEOs take over what you are doing? Even with the downturn in the economy, I know of Sheriff Depts (and a few municipalities actually) that are starting to conduct some of the law enforcement duties that FWC does, not just on the water, but also out in the wildlife/natural areas in several different FL counties.
As a past LEO, and having family, along with many close friends in LE, I am disappointed to read the negative comments and amazed at the level of unprofessionalism that is voiced about FWC. Such a high percentage of you are so miserable, or whatever other label you would like to apply to it. I went through and re-read some of the comments, I "stepped back" and considered everything as a WHOLE and from a distance. It appears to me that "it" REALLY does trickle down....simple as that. [/b] If you do not have great leaders that care (yes, CARE) about you AND your families...your well-being as a whole individual...your future goals...IF they do not give you the respect that you deserve by placing your life on the line everyday, not because you HAVE to, but because this was a choice you made...IF YOUR "LEADERS" do not value YOU, and do NOTHING of the above......... then where will FWC be in the next 10 years?

09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
It all comes down to one thing, money. We love what we do and could not think of a better career. People can talk of love and faith as the most important things in their lives but when you got money problems everything suffers. Fix that problem or get rid of those that won't do whatever is needed. Some officers just can't afford to wait anymore. I firmly believe that FWC is trying very hard to downsize to a small regulatory agency without police powers. It will be around in ten years but it will have about two officers per county and they will only have the authority to enforce the new decriminalized 379 infractions.

rickjames
09-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure if that will happen or not but I do agree that our officers are suffering and have been suffering and it appears that nobody really cares. How long will the leadership in Tally fiddle while Rome burns?

09-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Solution: Just keep hiring vacant positions at 32k w/ no step plan and there is no problem, positions are filled and the mission is getting accomplished.