PDA

View Full Version : our pay checks

09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
what does every one think about getting paid every two weeks? If we had a union and a contact this would not happen. Thank you Mr. whatford. I bet him or any other council member knows what its like to live paycheck to paycheck. How do you like the way it was kept quit until they vote?

09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
no no no, we're too small for the pba to help us out any. what could they possibly offer us? how about protection from this type of treatment from city hall.

09-04-2008, 11:51 AM
for what its worth your right ....the union probably would not have done anything about raises or concerns that we have because of the size of the department.....i'll agree with that....but at least the council would have known that we do have concerns... i would love for the council to take a ride with us some night to see what we have to deal with...the lack of respect we recieve on a day to day basis.....

09-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Dont you realize that they all live in a fairy tale where this is just a small cow town and nothing happens here. How many times have u gone to a call where the vehicle or home is left unlocked because they have lived here for 30 years and never had a problem. Times have changed and the outlook of the mighty round table has not. If you have never been in a union or used one then you dont know how it works. Once you have a contract that the union set up for you with the city, they con not make changes on when you get your check. How much intrest will they make off of your money?

09-07-2008, 11:48 PM
They wont make anymore money than we will save turning our cars off when on a call. But I would much rather turn my car off to save money than get paid every two weeks.

09-08-2008, 06:06 AM
when i'm all :cop: in their rearview they're all :shock: and then i walk up and i'm all :x and they're all :| and then they come back with a 49 and i'm all :devil: and then they're all :cry: but i'm all 8) . ya know what i mean?

09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
MAN!!!!! that was the funniest thing i have seen in a while!!!!!!!!Oh my god!!!!

09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
GOOD ONE.

09-12-2008, 06:31 AM
is it just me, or is it not THAT big of a deal that we're going to start getting paid every two weeks? personally, my finances are not so out of whack that i can't do some shuffling of billing dates to make it by just fine. i don't think that any of us are eating cup-o-soup for dinner every night because we're poor. i don't think that any of us drive a p.o.s. car. i don't think any of us don't have cable tv or a computer. i don't think that any of us are on food stamps. if you can't make it by on $32,000+ while getting paid every two weeks, you may need to shift some of your anger towards yourself.

09-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Apparently you donot have children and I would love to bring home 32000.00 but after insurance, taxes, and the retirement that the city just lowed their contribution I bring home 22000.00. Just for disscusion sake a 1000.00 house payment month equals 12000.00 then 100.00 week on food is 5200.00 that leaves you 4800.00 to pay utilites,vehicle,phone, veh. insurance and anything else. Before you make those statements walk in someone's shoes.

bg1seven
09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
From Bill Saum
I know there are those of you who certainly did not have the kahonees to come to me and ask why I took my name off the petition. Oddly enough, Bettye Taylor had the kahonees to ask me.

So the rest of you will know, my wife pays the bills and she already pays them every two weeks because she gets paid every two weeks. I signed the petition not realizing this and then took my name off. Getting paid every two weeks is not an issue for my personal family. I know there are many of you that there is an issue and I hope this all works out well for you. Any of you who would like to speak with me about this are welcome to call me and/or speak to my face... Please be safe out there... bsaum

09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
You of all being here 20something years and making a few thousand more than the new guy should be affected. How about coming together and standing up for the people that it does affect not turning your back on them. There are people that did sign that it will not affect and thank you to them, atleast we know where they stand.

09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
From Bill Saum
I know there are those of you who certainly did not have the kahonees to come to me and ask why I took my name off the petition. Oddly enough, Bettye Taylor had the kahonees to ask me.

So the rest of you will know, my wife pays the bills and she already pays them every two weeks because she gets paid every two weeks. I signed the petition not realizing this and then took my name off. Getting paid every two weeks is not an issue for my personal family. I know there are many of you that there is an issue and I hope this all works out well for you. Any of you who would like to speak with me about this are welcome to call me and/or speak to my face... Please be safe out there... bsaum

i for one can certainly understand and respect that. i am more than comfortable with paying my bills on a bi-weekly pay period. but i still signed the petition because of the financial hardship that some of my brother and sister officers are going through. i put my name on a piece of paper that says to city council "i would like to still get paid every week". thats all. nothing against the chief, major, lieutenant, or ANYONE at this department. the letter went to city council. i wanted my voice to be heard by city council just like every single resident in the city. do i not deserve that because i'm a city employee? i hope thats not the case.

09-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I also do not feel like getting paid every two weeks is all that bad. I have gotten used to getting paid every week and I am sure I can get used to every two weeks. One of the things I do not like about the bi-weekly is the fact that we can work overtime on one week and might have to call out the next. It is going to suck to lose the overtime. But on the other hand hopefully those of us that use a lot our of sick time will come to work more often.LOL I also hope that we get paid every other Thursday and not on the 15th and 30th. Some months will suck with that pay schedule. Anyone else have any concerns, instead of bashing fellow Ofc's try and right down your concerns. At least when the Admin reads this they can maybe help answer our concerns.

09-13-2008, 04:30 AM
I also would not be devastated by the bi-weekly. But I know others in the dept are already having a hard time. I signed the petition but still am not sure it was a good idea. I have talked with the fire department and Street Department both of them seem to think that Whitehall was not threatening but very concerned that the petition would make the council mad and they would veto the raise that is in the works. Really and truly the way the economy is we should be thankful we have jobs. I keep hearing people talk about consolidation and I hope it is not true. I would hate for us to win the point and lose the race. But most of all I wish everyone would stop bashing each other in the department. We all need to stick together. We do not have a single person in our department that is not a good cop why stoop to this level?

09-14-2008, 01:48 AM
i want a shotgun full of these boogers.
http://www.taser.com/pages/VideoDetails.aspx?videoid=56

yeah its off topic, but its cool.

09-15-2008, 05:21 AM
im still waiting for bg1seven to respond as to why he removed his name from the petition, even though he/she knew that it could potentially help his/her fellow officers.

but keep on preaching that bs (fits, dont it) about teamwork and comradery.

09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
From Bill Saum

Added 9/15
1.) I guess I expected each person to respond as to their own personal needs. Yes I knew there were those who said they needed a weekly paycheck.
2.) It was and is my belief that no one would or will loose a dime in pay.
3.) There was a freak out over this issue but I think deputies do it once every 4 weeks. Their lives must be horrifying. Probably not... I think that is called budgeting and self control.
4.) Did I place a vote for others? No I did not. I did not when I first placed my vote and I did not when I scratched it off. I placed my vote to indicate how it would effect my family. I found out I was wrong about that effect and scratched off my name.
5.) Out of all the city employees I knew most did not like the idea. I knew of only 4 who said they needed that money every week.

I hope this has helped you (whoever you are) to understand my thoughts at that and this time. If this does not answer your need to know feel free to ask me.

One more thing: Had I known then that this petition would create such a division in this wonderful department - I would have run from it, spoke out against it and sought out the instigators. I've spent 27 years of my sometimes rocky life with this department. I hate seeing it torn apart. :(

Please be well

getting impatient
09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
i want a shotgun full of these boogers.
http://www.taser.com/pages/VideoDetails.aspx?videoid=56

yeah its off topic, but its cool.

cool beans.