PDA

View Full Version : Lay Off of personel

09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
What's up with the process servers being laid off? Funny how Hall waited until after the election to complete this. Deputies you better unite now and get a signed contract or you may be next.

09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
What we have to get ready for is serving a bunch of civil papers. Negative Santa Rosa, I can't back up on your armed disturbance, I am serving a notice from a credit card company.

09-03-2008, 01:26 AM
When will you all get it; Hall could care less about anyone except himself and his circle of incompetents that tell him what he wants to hear. Go hump his leg, he will like you too.

09-03-2008, 07:07 AM
If he's told to cut more from the budget where else do you think he should cut?

09-04-2008, 01:19 AM
What we have to get ready for is serving a bunch of civil papers. Negative Santa Rosa, I can't back up on your armed disturbance, I am serving a notice from a credit card company.

maybe you could suspend the paper call long enough to back the guy up. just a thought.

09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
You all got what you asked for... More of Hall. Enjoy the next 4 years. You could have put someone else in office who wouldn't stab you in the back, watch out for employees, and actually sign an FOP contract. However, you wish to ***** & moan online and not get the balls to go out and actually do something about it. So sit back and enjoy. You could've made the choice to try and rally for change, but you didn't. Maybe he'll go for a 4th term? Many of you might just start your careers with Sheriff Hall in office, and then retire with him in office.

09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Hall only won because of the split votes and the elimination of the democrat and npa voters.
The stats show that he only got 48% of the votes. Less than half of the republican voters wanted him back. Only 70% of the county was allowed to vote for sheriff.
Far from a mandate and far from support.......

09-05-2008, 02:35 PM
still almost 5 times more votes than poor ol' van camp... maybe he'll think twice about running off at the mouth next time.

09-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I understand that the deputies use to deliver the civil papers. Also, I have heard that Santa Rosa could use more deputies because of the growth with the county. I imagine this added work load on the deputies is going to be a hardship; not only for the deputies, but for whoever the paper may need to go to. ( If I understand correctly Court dates are a must!!)

Citizens can actually thank Amendment I for many of these inconveniences plus the lay-offs. But mostly that can thank the out-going commissioners for their final decisions they are making before leaving office.

09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I understand that the deputies use to deliver the civil papers. Also, I have heard that Santa Rosa could use more deputies because of the growth with the county. I imagine this added work load on the deputies is going to be a hardship; not only for the deputies, but for whoever the paper may need to go to. ( If I understand correctly Court dates are a must!!)

Citizens can actually thank Amendment I for many of these inconveniences plus the lay-offs. But mostly that can thank the out-going commissioners for their final decisions they are making before leaving office.
Put 90% of the blame where the blame goes, with Hall. He has no vision or plan for the organization. He is a worthless POS that will continue to bring the agency down the wrong path. Tell me any major change or program Hall has brought to the agency? Sorry you can't; because he hasn't brought anything but poor leadership. Now stuck with him for another 4 years. One day his poor judgement will prove to be his downfall.

09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Tell me any major change or program Hall has brought to the agency? Sorry you can't;
Well he got rid of the grey stripes and epaulets on the uniform so we look more like ECSD.

09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Not that I am a huge Hall fan, but give credit where credit is due.

1. We now have a much better fleet program than under the previous admin. When new cars come online, they are issued by need, not because someone had more smartcop points. Unfortunately, this will be a non-issue with the budget cuts. We will soon see a majority of the cars well over 100K miles.

2. MCT/Air cards. Ask someone in Escambia how they like the idea of pulling DL photos or being able to do a complete report from their car. They can't, because they are still on the old, slow, radio modem. We do have one the most advanced MCT systems in the area.

3. Promotions. Like it or not, we now have a real procedure for promotion selection. It may not be perfect, but it is better than the Brown, "What have you done for me today", system.

4. Field training program. Under the previous admin, it was not unknown for a new hire to ride with someone for a couple weeks, then be issued a car and assigned to a district. There is now a system in place, if followed by the FTO's, will get someone ready to go to work and weed out the non-hackers.

I could probably go on, and I am not trying to paint everything roses, but there have been some significant improvement since Hall first took office. We could do better, or course, but we could also do a lot worse. We are now facing the potential of more budget cuts because a couple defeated commissioners want to get their licks in while they still can. Every non-sworn position that can be cut, has been. If the axe swings again, it will be at patrol. The jail positions are secure. A cut there would result in immediate lawsuits and a Federal Court order. The average person cares not if you have backup, only that you show up and kiss their butts when they call. You don't have to get behind Hall, but if you care at all about the future of this agency, we all need to be all efforts to gain support in the community and with the commissioners

09-09-2008, 04:30 AM

1. We now have a much better fleet program than under the previous admin. When new cars come online, they are issued by need, not because someone had more smartcop points. Unfortunately, this will be a non-issue with the budget cuts. We will soon see a majority of the cars well over 100K miles.

2. MCT/Air cards. Ask someone in Escambia how they like the idea of pulling DL photos or being able to do a complete report from their car. They can't, because they are still on the old, slow, radio modem. We do have one the most advanced MCT systems in the area.

3. Promotions. Like it or not, we now have a real procedure for promotion selection. It may not be perfect, but it is better than the Brown, "What have you done for me today", system.

4. Field training program. Under the previous admin, it was not unknown for a new hire to ride with someone for a couple weeks, then be issued a car and assigned to a district. There is now a system in place, if followed by the FTO's, will get someone ready to go to work and weed out the non-hackers.

I could probably go on, and I am not trying to paint everything roses, but there have been some significant improvement since Hall first took office. We could do better, or course, but we could also do a lot worse. We are now facing the potential of more budget cuts because a couple defeated commissioners want to get their licks in while they still can. Every non-sworn position that can be cut, has been. If the axe swings again, it will be at patrol. The jail positions are secure. A cut there would result in immediate lawsuits and a Federal Court order. The average person cares not if you have backup, only that you show up and kiss their butts when they call. You don't have to get behind Hall, but if you care at all about the future of this agency, we all need to be all efforts to gain support in the community and with the commissioners

1. Wait for this one. No new cars for the next year at least? Some are driving with 150,000 plus and no replacements? There will be an issue in the future with multiple replacements, so it's pay me now or pay me later.

2. I would bet those air cards are a contract issue. So when the money goes, the air cards will soon be a thing of the past. Any ideas of how much is being spent to fund those things?

3. You're smoking something. Take a multiple choice test and whatever "practical" exam after? That decides who is best? How about a "fitness report" from supervisors on the individual performance of the candidate? All we see now is a "file review" for a potential promotion or transfer to a coveted "chosen" position. So you can do well on a test and not worry if you don't do anything else while at work especially if you're "in" with the reviewers, oops, the reviewer.

4. Better? Than what? Most of the FTO's are in it for the MONEY. Not trying to down any deputy on this but how often has there been a conversation over which trainee should or should not be kept? After being kept, how many conversations have there been regarding how the former trainee has little knowledge, safety, or tools needed to be adequate? For the trainee, how many times did your training officer give you poor information or sidestep your question all together because they DID NOT know the answer? Been there.

Morale sucks. Your reasoning makes it worse.

09-10-2008, 02:54 AM

Give me a break! What major projects has Hall accomplished? Answer: None. Portable buildings with stucco will be his legacy. Eight years and nothing to show for it. What major programs has he established? Scooters and a free helicopter. Wow. What significant improvements are you talking about?

09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Let see, $ 126,000 for the park improvements and $125,000 for the zoo bailout, this money could have been used to save some S.R.S.O. jobs. Thanks Mr. Broxson.

Seven neighborhood parks and boat ramps in southern Santa Rosa County could be in line for more than $126,000 in upgrades.

Today, the Santa Rosa County Commission could give final approval to a plan to fund swings, grills, benches, bike racks and more with money from the District 5 recreation fund.

The improvements got a preliminary go-ahead at committee meetings Monday.

"I wanted to maintain some of these little neighborhood parks, where Momma and Dad can go and swing their little babies in a nice swing in the park, and walk in the evening, and have a place where they could go to a slide," said District 5 County Commissioner John Broxson. "These are quality-of-life issues for neighborhoods."

The improvements, which were recommended by the South Santa Rosa Recreation Committee, are aimed at Bal Alex Boat Ramp, Lalyenda Park, Oriole Beach Boat Ramp, Reservation Road Park, Sandpiper Village Park, Swenson Park, Villa Venyce Park and Woodlawn Beach Boat Ramp.

The committee also identified $13,609 in improvements at Cypress Tree Park in Midway, but the county hopes to get a state grant to fund that project.

Villa Venyce resident David Radcliffe, who served on the committee, said members used the South Santa Rosa Recreation Master Plan as well as site visits and input from other residents in making the recommendations.

"Those parks really get used. For instance, the tennis courts (at Villa Venyce Park) get used a lot," Radcliffe said. "The playgrounds get used a lot more than I would have expected."

Recreation funds are generated from the franchise fees utilities pay the county for using county rights of way to provide their service. The fees — 40 percent of which go to recreation — are divided equally among the five commission districts. Of the remainder, 50 percent goes to roads and 10 percent goes to economic development.

Although the entire commission must vote on recreation funding, each commissioner is usually given deference for projects within his district.

Broxson, whose term is up in November, was defeated in his bid for re-election in the Aug. 26 primary by local attorney Lane Lynchard.

Park improvements
-- Bal Alex Boat Ramp $3,527

Benches, bike rack, pavilion, grill, trash can

-- Lalyenda Park $12,592*

Tot swings, spring riders, trail, benches, pavilion, picnic table, grill

-- Oriole Beach Boat Ramp $3,489*

Park benches, bike rack, pavilion, picnic table, grills

-- Reservation Road Park $44,270*

Play structures, swing, trail, benches, bike rack, grills

-- Sandpiper Village Park $14,633*

Trail, benches, bike rack, pavilion, picnic tables, grills, trash can

-- Swenson Park $6,825*