PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Dumbest SOG Missions/Moments

09-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Looking for some input on this one.

09-01-2008, 03:04 PM
How about the detail they did on a management area catching people that were not paying the one dollar entry fee, stroking an entire women's church group (average age 75), their on a sunday picnic. Hiding in the bushes and then sneaking out in their army uniforms almost giving the poor ladies heart attacks. What a joke.

09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
They did a night hunting detail in my area even though only one of they guys on the entire team had ever actually worked night hunting. The other ones are a bunch of professional boat operators. Running full throttle everywhere they go to waste gas. I think they are pretending they are doing a Seal mission or something. When a jet ski blows a slow speed zone they get after it like they are going after a terrorist. I don't know about the rest of the state but in my area, they embarass the agency pretending they are Delta force or something. By the way, their crappy night hunting detail was unproductive. Well, not entirely, they all got special overtime for it.

09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I heard the Stupid Operations Group actually did a "mission" trying to catch ATVs on County Property. This in an area where there are plenty of deputies with plenty of equipment. By the way, there was no fish, wildlife, or boating issues related to this detail. Also, most of the Suspect Operations Groups "soldiers" don't really understand how to operate an ATV. Results of the detail: A group came in on ATVs, the group got away, Shotty Operations Group never found the group despite their world class tracking abilities. Yet, they did not give up and though were not able to collect the violators, they were able to collect plenty of overtime.

09-01-2008, 05:25 PM
How about the detail they did on a management area catching people that were not paying the one dollar entry fee, stroking an entire women's church group (average age 75), their on a sunday picnic. Hiding in the bushes and then sneaking out in their army uniforms almost giving the poor ladies heart attacks. What a joke.

Operation Weeki Wachi!! They issued close to a hundred petit theft charges instead of the infraction for not paying the day use fee. But, don't blame the officers on that one- they were ordered to issue the misdemeanor charges by their supervisors!

09-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Sounds like we have a bunch of officers who could not cut it. Im sorry that I am faster, stronger, and smarter than you. I will try to slow down a bit so you all can catch up. :evil:

09-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Whoever the poster is who is "stronger, faster, and smarter" than me, do one thing for me. Tell me what your cooper scores are.

09-02-2008, 12:14 PM
FWC SOG...... :lol: They could not hold a real SWAT/SOG's members jock...period. It is a waste of money at a time the state and agency should be spending it elsewhere.

09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
What are you all whining about the SOG team for. If you think you can do better, then get on it and change something, otherwise it sounds like you all are a bunch of whining sissies who are upset because these guys on the SOG team found a way to make some OT. I don't even work for FWC and I can tell you all this whining is dusgusting. Get off your lazy arses and get on the team, then you too can collect OT and not be upset.

Good job SOG team, glad to have you in this state because nobody else has your training on the water.

09-03-2008, 01:37 PM
535qdx

What are you all whining about the SOG team for. If you think you can do better, then get on it and change something, otherwise it sounds like you all are a bunch of whining sissies who are upset because these guys on the SOG team found a way to make some OT. I don't even work for FWC and I can tell you all this whining is dusgusting. Get off your lazy arses and get on the team, then you too can collect OT and not be upset.

Good job SOG team, glad to have you in this state because nobody else has your training on the water.
Im on the SOG team, Mr. know it all! And IM totally embarrassed by some of our missions!

09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
535qdx

Im on the SOG team, Mr. know it all! And IM totally embarrassed by some of our missions!

In case you misunderstood me, I was complimenting you. So Mr. Missed It All, That is all I was trying to do. I am sick of hearing people bash other people for what they do. I think you all do a fine job, and everyone no matter what job you do has stupid missions that are a complete waste of resources.

So, Congrats, I think you all do a fine job. Seriously!!!!!!!!! And if you get money for stupid missions, better for you. At least someone is getting something out of No Brain Charlie.

09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
The SOG team is a great asset! No, I am not on the team because I cant drop everything at the Ponderosa and leave for extended times. I would like to see the teams get a printout of active bench warrants for FWC violations and collect these folks. For 10-43, Miami-Dade could employ all the teams for a good long while, as we have numerous FWC warrants down here. Just a thought. Overtime, SOG oriented missions. SOG leadership getting the warrant and SOG guys kicking down the doors. We might even be represented on the news, and our SOG team getting recognition, plus an added "better go to court or FWC is going to come get me!", type of motivator.
OOOHHH Wheee.

09-17-2008, 12:15 AM
We cant even write a traffic citation without hearing about it let alone doing warrants. That was funny though!

09-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I haven't laughed this hard in some time. You guys crack me up.

09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Cannot even write an open container ticket without having to explain/justify in a narrative why you wrote it (an infraction). Wonder what MADD will think of that....

fldeputy
09-19-2008, 01:27 AM
You guys/ girls defninately win the prize for the funniest posts on this site. Keep up the good work. Love reading your stuff. LOL

09-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Cannot even write an open container ticket without having to explain/justify in a narrative why you wrote it (an infraction). Wonder what MADD will think of that....

:lol:

02-26-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm not in the FWC although I want to be when I get out of the Military. I also want to join an SOG Team.

It's sad to see they don't have a defined mission.

I would assume it would be something like

Search & Rescue
High Rish Man Tracking
High Risk Warrants (served by the FWC)
Drug Interdiction (especially on the water either with DHS or alone or taking down grow operations in the woods)

02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
all the stuff you just listed, the so and pd does on a daily basis. if you like actual police work you should look into a real police agency.

02-27-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm sure the FWC's investigations div puts out warrants that the S.O. or local PDs would not serve. The SOG should be used in that capacity.

Also any grow operations within state contoled areas not private property "state law enforcement" should respond not S.O. or local PDs. I have stumbled into small fields when hunting in WMAs, I'm sure there are bigger operations out there.

Drug interdiction in cordination with DHS or working alone. USCG and CBP MIAs aren't always around and USCG's primary non-compliant units are TACLETS there is only 1 in Miami and they deploy OCONUS frequently with the USN. An MSST might be able to as well and there is only 1 in Homestead. As a state agency the FWC can provide support through the SOG in the respective regions.

Just makes sense to me.

02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
We do have a defined mission. Most of the things you listed we do or train for. Do not let those who are out of shape and jealous discouarge you from joining.

02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
We do have a defined mission. Most of the things you listed we do or train for. Do not let those who are out of shape and jealous discouarge you from joining.
Out of shape? How about the FUPA in the Keys. Or the guy that could not swim. The best thing the SOG is for is your resume and some fun toys. Enjoy them, I did.

02-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Do you mind if I email you for some info?