PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lawson Cover-Up

08-31-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm sure this is old news. But I'm sure deputies & brass knew what this idiot was doing. What pizzes me off worse is the obvious below board tactics used by your agency. The whole thing is embarassing for all cops and agencies and it makes your agency and beloved sheriff look like back water red neck deputies who do what ever they want. And Grady Judd is sheriff now, after being apart of that fiasco, man that says alot about polk county. But hey, whats a few raped teens and a dead 16 year old when your out doing police work right? Good job participants. I'd be ashamed to work there.

09-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Chief, what are you talking about?! "Raped teens"? Lawson's "victim's"...and I use that term very loosely...were all fellow LEO's and youths with extensive criminal histories. He didn't target clean teens, as you seem to think. Like most deviants with his particular tastes, he targeted youths who wouldn't create a problem for him. And they were all people he had ongoing contact with, not those he profiled on the street. He built a rapport with his victims. His approach wasn't so in-your-face as a traffic stop. He was much smoother about it. He managed to con several fellow cops into believing he was qualified to do physicals. He put a LOT of effort into his alter ego, so you don't know what you're talking about.

His whole style is why his case have went to court. The SAO knew they had a lame duck case. All the juveniles had criminal records, and all the LEO's were too embarrassed to testify in court. Think about it, would you want everyone you work with to know you were stupid enough to allow a fellow LEO to do physicals on you? Some went to him more than once. How dense is that?! Personally, I go to a real doctor. I don't care how many credentials he might have had, or if they were real, I'm not letting a fellow cop play doctor on me. How stupid can you be. You think, at some point in time, one of them would have woke up and smelled the coffee, but noooooooooooo. So it makes them look pretty gullible. How good are they at their jobs, if they couldn't even tell he was full of crap? So they didn't want to go to court.

The state was thrilled when he jumped at the first offer of 18 years, because they were prepared to offer him 18 months. His loss, huh? He got what he deserved. I think all of us believe he was more involved in that crash, even the brass. But you don't get to charge people with what you think they did. You charge with what you can prove. It was never proved that he was directly involed in the crash. Suspected, yes. But not proved, and a solid investigation was done. It was a sad incident. Some people have a hard time dealing with the facts, but they are what they are. No conspiracy, no cover-ups, no unanswered mysteries.

I was never a Scott Lawson fan. I worked with him enough to know he was a bullsh** artist and a major flake. He had certain people in power fooled until that event happened. He was a golden boy in their eyes, who could do no wrong. You can imagine how fast they distanced themselves from him when that all went down. But there's a difference between covering their own butts but dropping their associations with him, and covering up what he did. They did what any administration would do. They let him fall from his own screw up. There will always be people who want to believe the brass is crocked, but in that case, they did everything up front. Sorry if that doesn't fit your picture of things, but it is what it is.