PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR FIGHT AT CENTRAL PARK; SAFETY ISSUES?

08-31-2008, 01:01 PM
All our fears became reality last night. The City of Lauderhills command staff thought 3 police officers at Central Park would be sufficient for a juvenile football game that included approximately 2500 juveniles watching from the stands. What happened you ask? Well, the mean little juveniles decided to turn the entire stadium into a cage fight. As a result of poor staffing, Plantation PD, Fort Lauderdale PD, Sunrise PD and several BSO districts had to respond and assist with shutting the park down. Maybe, just maybe, if more officers were present at this function, they could have seen the warning signs and kicked the punks out. But nope, 3 cops is all we need.

Just wanted to come onto here so all of our residents could see how our command operates. Parents, your kids could have gotten seriously hurt or killed last night as a result of poor police presence (3 COPS). The city is well aware of the gang issues that the county has yet they send only a few cops to this type of event.

P.S. thanks to the brothers from other agencies who responded to our 1033

08-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Faranda will not be happy until a cop is killed. My response to that is refuse to do these details, it was your fault for being there. I can't totally blame you though, if The city would pay us right, there would not be such a fight over details. This place makes my head hurt. Too many headaches, if you worked for BSO, this would not happen. More details than you can shake a stick at. Faranda, I am going to have my class A uniform pressed and my shoes shined for a fellow officer's funeral, blood will be on your hands.

09-01-2008, 05:56 PM
When are you guys going to wake up and see whats BEEN going on here in the Department over like the last year. Just look back on some highlights like the people they fired and the reasons for the terminations, the promotions all the way thru the chain of command, the reason some officers are sitting home waiting to be fired, recent movement to the DB (are they really the best choice), the recent issue with the take home policy, cops turning in other cops for silly stuff (TRAFIIC) and finally the on going contract issue with the money.

Its plain to see who has had an active hand in the decisions (ALL BAD!!) and who we will have to continue to deal with...Chuck!!

Do you really think its going to get any better.....it hasent. Its plain to see City Hall has it in for the cops and dosent even care about us because we are not, and never will be THE F/D, which is clearly the favorites.

You have senior officer, who have always been loyal who are now openly looking for other jobs because its gotten so bad here.

Start looking now and spread the word before this department screws up for file so bad you cant get hired at a better department. This place is quickly circling the drain and dont let it pull you down with the toilet paper!!!

09-04-2008, 03:49 AM
All our fears became reality last night. The City of Lauderhills command staff thought 3 police officers at Central Park would be sufficient for a juvenile football game that included approximately 2500 juveniles watching from the stands. What happened you ask? Well, the mean little juveniles decided to turn the entire stadium into a cage fight. As a result of poor staffing, Plantation PD, Fort Lauderdale PD, Sunrise PD and several BSO districts had to respond and assist with shutting the park down. Maybe, just maybe, if more officers were present at this function, they could have seen the warning signs and kicked the punks out. But nope, 3 cops is all we need.

Just wanted to come onto here so all of our residents could see how our command operates. Parents, your kids could have gotten seriously hurt or killed last night as a result of poor police presence (3 COPS). The city is well aware of the gang issues that the county has yet they send only a few cops to this type of event.

P.S. thanks to the brothers from other agencies who responded to our 1033

How about asking the quartermaster HOW MANY officers signed up to work b 4 you blame everything on the Command Staff....I noticed facts have no place on here...lies are always more exciting mmm...

09-04-2008, 03:54 AM
When are you guys going to wake up and see whats BEEN going on here in the Department over like the last year. Just look back on some highlights like the people they fired and the reasons for the terminations, the promotions all the way thru the chain of command, the reason some officers are sitting home waiting to be fired, recent movement to the DB (are they really the best choice), the recent issue with the take home policy, cops turning in other cops for silly stuff (TRAFIIC) and finally the on going contract issue with the money.

Its plain to see who has had an active hand in the decisions (ALL BAD!!) and who we will have to continue to deal with...Chuck!!

Do you really think its going to get any better.....it hasent. Its plain to see City Hall has it in for the cops and dosent even care about us because we are not, and never will be THE F/D, which is clearly the favorites.

You have senior officer, who have always been loyal who are now openly looking for other jobs because its gotten so bad here.

Start looking now and spread the word before this department screws up for file so bad you cant get hired at a better department. This place is quickly circling the drain and dont let it pull you down with the toilet paper!!!

If all the unhappy, disgruntle people leave, this will be a great place to work! Last I checked Mr. Faranda did not put a gun to your head and make you stay here. Once you get somewhere else, you will soon find out the grass wasn't as green on the other side as you thought!

09-04-2008, 04:44 AM
[/quote]How about asking the quartermaster HOW MANY officers signed up to work b 4 you blame everything on the Command Staff....I noticed facts have no place on here...lies are always more exciting mmm...[/quote]

Regardless of what quartermaster had for sign up. If you don't have the bodies to man the job you cancel the event or you force officers to work the event. Those decisions do depend on the Command Staff to choose one or the other.

09-04-2008, 03:54 PM

If all the unhappy, disgruntle people leave, this will be a great place to work! Last I checked Mr. Faranda did not put a gun to your head and make you stay here. Once you get somewhere else, you will soon find out the grass wasn't as green on the other side as you thought!

09-04-2008, 03:55 PM

You would be all by yourself then now wouldn't you. He did not put a gun to anyone's head but he did make many promises that he did not keep. To add to that, recently he has decided to start firing officers for insufficient reasons which is going to be a costly expense to the city which will come out of our contract when those fired officers sue the city. This place was tolerable before all these changes. The low pay and high crime was fine but now the policies placed upon us are going to be the same as or more strict than any other department. We should be paid much more to put up with the drama. I am leaving this department to go to BSO so I can get paid more to put up with the same garbage, maybe my hair will start growing back from the stress relief.

09-08-2008, 11:07 AM

You would be all by yourself then now wouldn't you. He did not put a gun to anyone's head but he did make many promises that he did not keep. To add to that, recently he has decided to start firing officers for insufficient reasons which is going to be a costly expense to the city which will come out of our contract when those fired officers sue the city. This place was tolerable before all these changes. The low pay and high crime was fine but now the policies placed upon us are going to be the same as or more strict than any other department. We should be paid much more to put up with the drama. I am leaving this department to go to BSO so I can get paid more to put up with the same garbage, maybe my hair will start growing back from the stress relief.

Great go to BSO...and there you will find you have to have good character and accountability as well. As for the recent terminations, go across the street and reveiw the file--then comment. If you plan on having a long career in law enforcement, be careful of the ban wagons you jump on as some of then are headed straight for destruction.

Lesson for the wise-- who stay in this business with a clean record--stick with the facts and not what you heard another disgruntled COP say and keep your INTEGRITY and law enforcement will truly be a career not a JOB!!!!

P.S. Show me a City where the Command Staff or the Mgr has never made a mistake or has given the officer every toy and gadget they want and that's where I want to apply.....

09-08-2008, 11:12 AM

Well starting from scratch maynot be a bad idea...get rid of all the whinners. It's not like we have not done it b 4. And by the way, when you write a perfect report, give the citizens perfect service, conduct yourself always in a professional manner then and only then can we expect the COMMAND staff or the Mgr to be perfect. Until then, apply to BSO, PBSO any SO.....

09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
[quote
Great go to BSO...and there you will find you have to have good character and accountability as well. As for the recent terminations, go across the street and reveiw the file--then comment. If you plan on having a long career in law enforcement, be careful of the ban wagons you jump on as some of then are headed straight for destruction.

Lesson for the wise-- who stay in this business with a clean record--stick with the facts and not what you heard another disgruntled COP say and keep your INTEGRITY and law enforcement will truly be a career not a JOB!!!!

P.S. Show me a City where the Command Staff or the Mgr has never made a mistake or has given the officer every toy and gadget they want and that's where I want to apply.....[/quote]

Agree, everyone make mistakes: command, mgr, officers. The issue is that ALL firing under this era of administration have been turned away by an arbitrator (except the people on probation...). There are other ways to make an Officer better, you don't have to chop his/hers head off, just to reattach it a few months down the road.

09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
"The issue is that ALL firing under this era of administration have been turned away by an arbitrator (except the people on probation...). There are other ways to make an Officer better, you don't have to chop his/hers head off, just to reattach it a few months down the road."

I dont understand what you mean by this statement. Whoever wrote this can you please clarify what your meaning was?!?!?

09-10-2008, 01:50 AM
"The issue is that ALL firing under this era of administration have been turned away by an arbitrator (except the people on probation...). There are other ways to make an Officer better, you don't have to chop his/hers head off, just to reattach it a few months down the road."

I dont understand what you mean by this statement. Whoever wrote this can you please clarify what your meaning was?!?!?It sounds like he is saying that everyone who was fired went to arbitration and got their jobs back. The author of that post also said that there are other more positive and acceptable ways to teach someone how to be a better officer.

09-12-2008, 04:00 AM
ALL[/i] firing under this era of administration have been turned away by an arbitrator (except the people on probation...). There are other ways to make an Officer better, you don't have to chop his/hers head off, just to reattach it a few months down the road.

Well I don't consider someone lying several times about something so simple as to if they responded to a call or not--a mistake... I feel termination is more than appropriate. If officers can't trust or take another officers word-what next....? Would you want someone that practices untruthfulness to be your zone partner? If so, have at it! FYI just because someone gets their job back doesn't mean they didn't commit the offense in question...Trust me though, I've been a rookie b 4 and I understand you want to believe in every officer, so do I but there are boundaries in every occupation and when you violate policies and cross the boundaries--there are circumstances too.

09-12-2008, 04:03 AM
[quote

P.S. Show me a City where the Command Staff or the Mgr has never made a mistake or has given the officer every toy and gadget they want and that's where I want to apply.....

Sorry I meant there are "consequences- not circumstances."

Agree, everyone make mistakes: command, mgr, officers. The issue is that ALL firing under this era of administration have been turned away by an arbitrator (except the people on probation...). There are other ways to make an Officer better, you don't have to chop his/hers head off, just to reattach it a few months down the road.[/quote:3ucp7wqh]

Well I don't consider someone lying several times about something so simple as to if they responded to a call or not--a mistake... I feel termination is more than appropriate. If officers can't trust or take another officers word-what next....? Would you want someone that practices untruthfulness to be your zone partner? If so, have at it! FYI just because someone gets their job back doesn't mean they didn't commit the offense in question...Trust me though, I've been a rookie b 4 and I understand you want to believe in every officer, so do I but there are boundaries in every occupation and when you violate policies and cross the boundaries--there are circumstances too.

09-13-2008, 03:32 AM
[quote="we are all humans":2qw1rn57][quote

Sorry I meant there are "consequences- not circumstances."

Agree, everyone make mistakes: command, mgr, officers. The issue is that ALL firing under this era of administration have been turned away by an arbitrator (except the people on probation...). There are other ways to make an Officer better, you don't have to chop his/hers head off, just to reattach it a few months down the road.[/quote:2qw1rn57]

Well I don't consider someone lying several times about something so simple as to if they responded to a call or not--a mistake... I feel termination is more than appropriate. If officers can't trust or take another officers word-what next....? Would you want someone that practices untruthfulness to be your zone partner? If so, have at it! FYI just because someone gets their job back doesn't mean they didn't commit the offense in question...Trust me though, I've been a rookie b 4 and I understand you want to believe in every officer, so do I but there are boundaries in every occupation and when you violate policies and cross the boundaries--there are circumstances too.[/quote:2qw1rn57]Were you there? Did you go to iA and let them know the truth? You seem to know something that no one else knows about the case. either that or you talking from rectum. You seem to know beyond a reasonable doubt that UT is guilty guilty guilty. Maybe IA has a lost unknown witness that they need to interview. Maybe they should pull the IP address for you and put you on record. Hey since you such a cop hating trash talker, why stop with officers in trouble? Why dont you talk trash about dead cops too? They made mistakes and you seem to not be able to tolerate cops who make mistakes. are you a cop? if s, do you hate yourself? You should talk to a professional.