PDA

View Full Version : BSO

08-30-2008, 12:12 AM
BSO is hiring. the policies mirror ours. The pay is much higher, they negotiate pay and the new sheriff is awesome. All the perks at lauderhill are going away so we will be comparable with BSO anyway except for pay. you dont pay for health care and you dont pay into pension. vest in 6 years. Lauderhill has said it loud and clear, they refuse to put anything into the police dept. look elsewhere, most other agencies have been able to work out the budget cut problems. if anything at least look around.

08-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Check out Ft. Lauderdale's new contract top out at $70,000 in six years. They allow you to move lateral with your years of service.

08-30-2008, 04:17 AM
Five years ago I would have been on here preaching about staying at Lauderhill. Sadly, this department is going under and is not moving forward by any means. I love this city and dont want to leave, but I have to support a family. The city has made it clear that we are not on their agenda and have no plans to support us.

Guys and Gals, if you choose to leave, no one will be pissed at you. You do what you have to. We all have waited idle while the city toys with us.

Good luck to those who stay. I'm gone along with at least 3 others. BSO sucks us right up. Stop for a minute and think back a few years ago when we lost 10 all at once to BSO. 1 is a homicide investigator, 1's a SGT and the rest are in specilized units such as 4Y5. At Lauderhill, You have road patrol....fun stuff

08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Five years ago I would have been on here preaching about staying at Lauderhill. Sadly, this department is going under and is not moving forward by any means. I love this city and dont want to leave, but I have to support a family. The city has made it clear that we are not on their agenda and have no plans to support us.

Guys and Gals, if you choose to leave, no one will be pissed at you. You do what you have to. We all have waited idle while the city toys with us.

Good luck to those who stay. I'm gone along with at least 3 others. BSO sucks us right up. Stop for a minute and think back a few years ago when we lost 10 all at once to BSO. 1 is a homicide investigator, 1's a SGT and the rest are in specilized units such as 4Y5. At Lauderhill, You have road patrol....fun stuff
Deputies moved up in BSO within a year after leaving LH:
K Rodas-detective
L.Szcze-yankee unit
S.Champaigne-homicide
L.Bodekor-detective
G. Stanley
Seek these deps out and ask them if they ever regreted leaving. Mass exodus sounds good to me to teach the city a lesson.
For any questions about BSO, click the link below:
http://sheriff.org/apps/bsorecruit/faqs.pdf
To apply to BSO click the link below:
https://jobs.sheriff.org/JobListings.aspx
Don't get discouraged by the pay, remember you do not pay into your pension and health care is free plus you can negotiate your pay unlike at Lauderhill. Good luck and hope to see you at BSO.

08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Check out Hollywood's website: http://www.hollywoodpolice.org/special_ ... rsonel.htm (http://www.hollywoodpolice.org/special_units/personel.htm)
They offer court standby pay, 5% night shift pay differential, 5% special unit pay, 5% FTO pay and much more! I can't forget this one, the give you your birthday off too. Check it out.

Check out Davie PD:
http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_Hum ... nefits.pdf (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_HumanResrs/BENEFITS/2007SwornPolice%20Benefits.pdf)
You get paid bonuses here for years of service! Take home car after completion of FTO that you are allowed to drive off duty. Top out is 7 years with 1500 dollar increases per year between 7-10 and 2000 per year 10-20. You pay 7% into pension and the town pays 15.5 % into pension. Davie has a leave accumulation cap of 2x the annual accrual for vacation and 1040 hours for sick. You can sell back your sick time over 300 hours each year for 100% of pay. You get 2 bonus holidays for not using any sick leave each year.

Wow, Sunrise PD has a high rate of pay! Check out this website:
http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/Cert ... 62004P.pdf (http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/CertPoliceOfc_62004P.pdf)
52,000-73,000! For non use of sick leave, you get 10 hours of annual leave every 3 months (they must really appreciate non abuse of sick leave rather than screw you to the wall for abusing it). The city pays 100% of health coverage and 66% of dependants. You get 96 hours of vacation per year. The city also offers discounts to local attractions throughout the state. Check these benefits out:
http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/Bene ... Police.pdf (http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/Benefits%20-%20Police.pdf)
Here is the app.:
http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/Police%20Packet.pdf
Faranda wants to compare our apples to other apples, then go out and get a watermelon. Faranda can eat the whole elephant from the rear-end first for all I care.

08-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Also take into account the amount of off-duty many agencies have. I made over $15,000 last year from details and will top that this year. Easy money. At LH what do you have, 1 publix and a few HO associations that are horded by Sgt.s and old timers. Where I am I get a call almost every day about a off-duty gig that they can't fill. I turn them down so I have time to spend my money. Look around. I know LH has good people, Officers and brass but you got to pay the bills brothers.

08-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I work for a neighboring agency and work with you guys all of the time. I am very impressed by most of your officers and know that you guys would be an awesome asset to any agency. I dont know how bad you have it, but it seems like your city doesnt care much for you. Its nice working for an agency that actually cares about their cops and their needs. Your cops have alot of potential. Every 13p that I encounter fears you guys to no end. They know not to mess with Lauderhill Cops because you guys act like REAL cops. Bring that to a dept that doesn't hang their cops for doing their jobs and the possibilities are endless.

Good luck LPD

From FLPD

08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Can you offer any advice or help to the many Officers who were recently fired or are going to be based on the antics of Lauderhill (Officers, Motormen and Sgt’s). What if they wish to start over and rid themselves of the Lauderhill EVILNESS??

Anything you can do to help your brothers and sisters in uniform would help.

08-30-2008, 07:34 PM
If the officer had already been fired, hes going to run into a wall getting hired. he or she needs to first clear their name. If they have an open IA, he's going to have to wait until its closed. And if his files full of drama (i.e. major policy violations, multiple crashes, etc), he's going to have issues. Call a recruiter to get more information.

If Lauderhill is as bad as I've heard and they are all about destroying careers, get out before its too late. Once your jacket has more bad then good, your a prisoner for life; unless you leave police work all together.

08-31-2008, 04:12 AM
This ship is sinking. Maybe because of all the unreasonably sudden rules and restrictions placed upon us, the micromangement, the ever decreasing possibility of ever having a contract that will not be a joke, the recent harassment and/or firings of good officers for laughable reasons, the blatant disregard and lack of compassion the city (C. Faranda) has for the officers and their individual needs and etc. The list goes on and on. If any prospective or present Lauderhill resident is reading this, your commisioners and city manager do not want you or your personal property to be safe. We have taken an oath as police officers to protect you and your property and we have been doing this for you with pride. Despite our best efforts and pleas with the city, they refuse to do right by us and you. Lauderhill is going to be vulnerable to crime like never before if you don't vote out the commisioners coming up for re-election along with the city manager Chuck Faranda. Fellow Lauderhill officers, the time is now to leave this place. Lauderhill wants to take away all of the perks that set us apart from other agencies and they are not going to compensate us properly. The grass is greener, just ask anyone who left Lauderhill for another agency. I applied for BSO a few weeks ago, I am a 3 year officer and I am negotiating my pay now. I could end up making $52,000 annually when I get hired. I hope to see some of my friends from Lauderhill soon.

09-02-2008, 01:35 AM
K Rodas-detective
L.Szcze-yankee unit
S.Champaigne-homicide
L.Bodekor-detective
G. Stanley

do not forget:
Ho - gone
Thompson-Gomez - never heard from again
Seith - fired, rehired
Palmer - gone
Haye - ?
Cruz - ?
The others who have left, some tried to come back while some were fired from where they went. Where would these same people have been if they stayed put?

True they pay nothing for their pension but they only have a 3.0 multiplier and Lauderhill has a 3.5 with 20 and out, regardless of age. Work 25 at BSO for 75% or work 25 at Lauderhill with 87.5% or 70% at 20 and 5 years of DROP money or 77% at 22 and 3 years of DROP money. Do the math and you will find that nothing worth having is free.

09-02-2008, 02:30 AM
K Rodas-detective
L.Szcze-yankee unit
S.Champaigne-homicide
L.Bodekor-detective
G. Stanley

do not forget:
Ho - gone
Thompson-Gomez - never heard from again
Seith - fired, rehired
Palmer - gone
Haye - ?
Cruz - ?
The others who have left, some tried to come back while some were fired from where they went. Where would these same people have been if they stayed put?

True they pay nothing for their pension but they only have a 3.0 multiplier and Lauderhill has a 3.5 with 20 and out, regardless of age. Work 25 at BSO for 75% or work 25 at Lauderhill with 87.5% or 70% at 20 and 5 years of DROP money or 77% at 22 and 3 years of DROP money. Do the math and you will find that nothing worth having is free.The ones you mentioned were dead weight anyway. What good is retirement if you don't reach it in the hill. Look what they did to the last guy to retire. They play games with your money all the way until retirement where it is the grand finale of screw overs. The rate we are going with firings and mismanagement, it will be very hard to retire. Do the math, if you are white and hard worker you get fired. UT, SV, GS, Decker, Lagackis who is next?

09-04-2008, 11:43 AM
If the officer had already been fired, hes going to run into a wall getting hired. he or she needs to first clear their name. If they have an open IA, he's going to have to wait until its closed. And if his files full of drama (i.e. major policy violations, multiple crashes, etc), he's going to have issues. Call a recruiter to get more information.

If Lauderhill is as bad as I've heard and they are all about destroying careers, get out before its too late. Once your jacket has more bad then good, your a prisoner for life; unless you leave police work all together.

Do you have the name and number of a recruiter who will sit down with someone intrested in leaving, and allow them to explain the file??

09-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Well if you think Rodas got to where she is because of what she knows, you are so wrong. She just happen to make nice nice with a certain Sgt at the time and now Lt. She was left in charge of her shift many times, even though she was the most junior officer because she had him in her pocket, just ask around.

09-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Lauderhill isn't as bad as most believe. We get away with ALOT more here then you would elsewhere. Its not always greener, trust me.

09-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Lauderhill isn't as bad as most believe. We get away with ALOT more here then you would elsewhere. Its not always greener, trust me.Correction, we USED TO get away with alot more. Times are changing and our department is as strict if not more strict than other departments that pay way more. It is not worth working under Coral springs grade policies for Lauderhill low pay.

10-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Lauderhill isn't as bad as most believe. We get away with ALOT more here then you would elsewhere. Its not always greener, trust me.

Can you still say that now that your vehicle has a gps traking system in it, or that you can only drive to & from work in your cruiser? Or the fact that the city has no money & they still put money into gps. What about the fact that they can't agree on a contract? Is it really that hard to put a fair offer on the table and have admin agree to it? It is in Lauderhill. And, if they do fire SV all of us good officers should jump ship because we could be next. Or atleast Pena will be next. But Sessions can shoot his gun twice and still be working daily, why is that you ask? Can you say, it's who he's related to. And, why is he working the same shift as a family member? I thought that wasn't permitted. Again, some people get away with everything. Run like he-- you could be next. But if you do run to BSO remember, one of the rat's wife works there.