PDA

View Full Version : Hell in a hand Basket?

08-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Where is FWC headed?
Are we on the right path?
Do you feel good about FWC?
Is FWC better or worse now in comparison to 5 years ago?
Did the merger improve GFC and FMP?
Do you have confidence in our Col.?
Do you think our Col. is effective at the capitol lobbing for us a raise?
Do you think we should just continue to wait on a fair pay package?
Do you like the new hats? Badge? Goatees? Our image in general?
Does L/E and our biologist work well together?
Do our senior officers work well with our newest officers?
Do we all agree on what type of L/E we are?
And the list seems to go on and on.........
I would honestly say, We have some serious issues at FWC.
I am a senior officer from old GFC getting very close to DROP time. It bothers me to see our agency floundering so badly. We seem to have lost direction. We dont seem to even agree what our real role is. The younger officers leave the academy with a completely diffrent idea about what their role is. Makes me wonder what they are taught there. Some spend alot of time working for the local sheriffs office or the FHP. Im not saying one side is right and the other is wrong. I'm merely pointing out that we have very diffrent views on our role. Some argue "we are state L/E officers". Others say we are not "police". While we spend so much time worring about our diffrences, Id like to suggest one thing.......Lets all agree on one simple item.....PAY. We need to direct our attention to the PAY issues at hand. Forget about hats, gotees..badges...trucks...biologists...tickets...d etails...and all the other items we deal with. It should not matter if your old GFC, old FMP or new FWC...you dont make enough money!!!!!!! Simple as that.
I would suggest that Col. Jones consider a new lobbying team.
If you try something year after year and your not getting the job done, change the game plan. Go ask for direction from FHP. Utilize your officers like they did 20 years ago. Theres lots that can be done diffrent.