PDA

View Full Version : Will the districts be ready for a storm?

08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
It appears that T.S. Gustav will be a major hurricane by Monday or Tuesday. My question is will the SRSO be ready?
I sure hope someone in our administration will see that our deputies have food, water etc. in the districts.
If the county has $300,000 dollars for a ballfield up-grade or funding to bail out the zoo, they should have enough funding available to support us so we don't have to beg for food. Your thoughts?

08-29-2008, 03:15 AM
I hope Hall Sticks around for this Storm!! :lol:
And don't go fly off with a girlfriend and more are better yet the Deputy that Voted for him!!The NO NAME DEPUTY!!

08-29-2008, 07:01 AM
I hope Hall Sticks around for this Storm!! :lol:
And don't go fly off with a girlfriend and more are better yet the Deputy that Voted for him!!The NO NAME DEPUTY!!

You are a sad individual.

08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
You must not have been in when Ivan and Dennis hit. Hall was here for Ivan and Dennis. When Ivan hit he was one of the many who endured the disaster at the main office. He was where he needed to be during the aftermath. When Dennis hit, he was where he needed to be. He never skipped town, went on a vacation or escapade. He was here, perhaps you were not.

08-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Actually it was Brown that disappeared to Alabama during Erin.
During Ivan, then #2 was no where to be found a couple of days into it.
#3 was busy flitting around in the "borrowed" Jet Ranger and was no where to be found to give guidance to inbound help from other counties response teams.
It was a "Charlie Foxtrot" of the first class.

08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
3VW
#3 was busy flitting around in the "borrowed" Jet Ranger and was no where to be found to give guidance to inbound help from other counties response teams.
You can't have a plan if you don't have a clue. Hall and his staff have no clue. Guess the truth hurts.

08-30-2008, 05:01 AM

#1 was knee-deep in work, like all of US (I emphasize this because I do not believe you are one of us), but you don't appear to dispute that. For your info, #2 was in the hospital after he collapsed at EOC on day 3 after the storm with pnuemonia. One of our deputies had to drive him to the hospital. A day later, he was back at work. If you were here, you would know that. As for #3, I saw him at the distribution centers, the command bus, as well as fielding calls at EOC. If you were here, you would know that. Stop making up garbage...you obviously have no grasp of the truth.

08-30-2008, 03:16 PM
FYI, I was there. Saw #2's Asst. looking high and low for him. Saw the other agencies come in, try to find out what to do but were unable because there was no command staff at the S.O.
BTW-I imagine I have worn out more Crown Vic's than you have socks!

08-30-2008, 03:22 PM
FYI I also defended Wendell by saying (correctly) it was Brown not him that fled.
The only upper staff that could be depended on to make a decision around the S.O. was Woody. The sheriff was busy no doubt, however most of his command staff let him down during the first few days after Ivan. Everyone does not have to be out viewing damage, someone has to coordinate with FEMA and other agencies. It was all piled on Woodie and a few others that made "command decisions" well above thier pay grade because no one else was available.

08-30-2008, 04:08 PM
It appears that T.S. Gustav will be a major hurricane by Monday or Tuesday. My question is will the SRSO be ready?
I sure hope someone in our administration will see that our deputies have food, water etc. in the districts.
If the county has $300,000 dollars for a ballfield up-grade or funding to bail out the zoo, they should have enough funding available to support us so we don't have to beg for food. Your thoughts?

You got to be kidding. That sounds like something somebody from New Orleans on welfare would say. It's not the Sheriff's responsibility to feed you. Go to the store now and buy what you need to get by for a few days. It's not rocket science.

As far as Hall leaving the people who worked Ivan know thats not true. And it was Brown and Cummings that were no where to be found after the storm. The poster that gave Woody credit is correct also.
It doesnt look like this one is going to hit us but its better to be prepared and not need it than to wait until its knocking on your front door to get ready. It looks like it's gonna be a long month as they are lining up from Africa to Mexico.

08-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Let see, Ivan. That was the one that it took Hall about 5-6 days to come and see us in the south end. Didnt even stick around Navarre High to talk and let us know what was going on. Oh, I'm sorry--Hall didn't know what was going on. Make sure you bring everything you need from home, Hall will not make sure you have anything (although those in the north wend will be taken care of). He is a POS that SRSO is stuck with for another 4 years. Yes I was there; nothing has changed. Still incompetent so-called leaders at the top not taking care of their people.

08-30-2008, 08:41 PM
FYI, I was there. Saw #2's Asst. looking high and low for him. Saw the other agencies come in, try to find out what to do but were unable because there was no command staff at the S.O.

Looks like you are trying to start the 2012 election early, huh? This is an apparent attempt to press how great Woody was during Ivan. You forgot to mention he was one of Brown and Cummings' henchman. Most importantly, can you say JAILBREAK?

There are hundreds of people at the Sheriff's Office. I only saw a handful of them during Ivan because I was busy catching calls, along with slinging ice, MRE's and water.

Hurricane Ivan was 4 years ago. We've rebuilt the department and all of us struggled during that process. It was a tough transition, but I feel we all stuck together and got through it. You may disagree, but I know for a fact everyone in the administration (including your boy, Woody) all the way down to the greenest deputy busted their butts after Ivan...

09-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Looks like you are trying to start the 2012 election early, huh? This is an apparent attempt to press how great Woody was during Ivan. You forgot to mention he was one of Brown and Cummings' henchman. Most importantly, can you say JAILBREAK?

There are hundreds of people at the Sheriff's Office. I only saw a handful of them during Ivan because I was busy catching calls, along with slinging ice, MRE's and water.

Hurricane Ivan was 4 years ago. We've rebuilt the department and all of us struggled during that process. It was a tough transition, but I feel we all stuck together and got through it. You may disagree, but I know for a fact everyone in the administration (including your boy, Woody) all the way down to the greenest deputy busted their butts after Ivan...

First of all, I am not trying to shill Woody for the '012 election. I am merely giving a thumbs up to something I saw.
Yep, the admin as a whole did such a great job in the aftermath of Ivan.
Let's see, no food to D1 for days. Allowed a charge of att. murder to go against the scumbag corrections capt. from NY when at best it should have been reckless display/poss. of a firearm by an intoxicated person. This forced the charges to be dropped and all the rest that ensued.
Didn't fire or suspend anyone over Wally Worldgate. Allowing district personnel to carry off the Pace and Gulf Breeze Wally World after managment opened it's doors for personal hygene items.
I could go on and on, but you would say I'm only beating a political horse and a dead one at that. So I'll leave it at this, for now.

09-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Although I don't agree with those deputies who wrote off supplies from Wal-mart (by the way, all of them paid back every dime and were counseled), I certainly don't think they should have been "reprimanded" or "fired." I know our district Lt's at the time went out of their way to make sure the deputies in the south end got food and water. Prior to the storm, deputies were told to be sure to have 3 days of food and water on hand. I understand your expectation for provisions a few days in when you no longer could provide for yourself, but c'mon, you should've at least had some supplies of your own! As for the attempted murder charge: The State Attorney's Office dropped charges. I don't know how you expected the Sheriff to force their hand. I think you are misinformed. 4 years later, I think this is a dead topic and I think I'm finished perpetuating it.

09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
The tazing incident did not meet the criteria of att. murder. It was an emotional over charge of a scumbag and if it had been properly charged at the start, most likely there would have been a different outcome.
And yep, folks paid the stores back. My point is it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Cigarettes and boom boxes are not necessary hygene or comfort items. The fact that some took those items shows they, not everyone should have been punished more than "paying it back" and being told not to do it again.
It made the entire agency look bad. I expect New Orleans PD to do crap like that, not SRCSO. I guess I expect too much.... :roll: