PDA

View Full Version : Pay?

08-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Has anyone thanked our city counsel lately? I have a question? Is the 1.5% considered just part of the step or is it cost of living? Thank goodness we have all the support we need in our counsel.

08-31-2008, 04:52 PM
i must have read a different article than you. i read 1.5% step, plus 2% accross the board, plus a 2% bonus in februrary.
not the greatest raise ever, but considering the state of the economy, nothing to be upset about.

09-01-2008, 04:19 AM
yes everyone gets a whopping 1.5% step increase as long as you pass your yearly evaluation. the whopping 2% is going to be given to us by the generosity of the city council...... just like the sheriffs office got last year...a 2 % bonus the first of the year which is supposed to offset something else im hearing too......the 2% bonus will not reflect on a raise if one is given next year.....follow me??.....for most of the grunts a 1.5 comes out to be about ...460.00 a yr. or....roughly 39.00 a month....or roughly $9.23 a week......wow this is even unbelievable to me.....OR...roughly $1.34 per day......the cost of 1/3 a gallon of gas.....1/3 a gallon of milk.....not really enough to leave someone a decent tip.......now that funny if you sit down and eat somewhere....you leave a tip your in the hole.

09-01-2008, 04:30 AM
yes everyone gets a whopping 1.5% step increase as long as you pass your yearly evaluation. the whopping 2% is going to be given to us by the generosity of the city council...... just like the sheriffs office got last year...a 2 % bonus the first of the year which is supposed to offset something else im hearing too......the 2% bonus will not reflect on a raise if one is given next year.....follow me??.....for most of the grunts a 1.5 comes out to be about ...460.00 a yr. or....roughly 39.00 a month....or roughly $9.23 a week......wow this is even unbelievable to me.....OR...roughly $1.34 per day......the cost of 1/3 a gallon of gas.....1/3 a gallon of milk.....not really enough to leave someone a decent tip.......now thats funny if you sit down and eat somewhere....you leave a tip.... your in the hole.

09-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I was not bashing the fact that we are getting the 2%. I think it is better than nothing. I was just wondering do we get a cost of living? or is that what the 1.5% is, if you behave yourself of course.

09-02-2008, 03:50 AM
yes everyone gets a whopping 1.5% step increase as long as you pass your yearly evaluation. the whopping 2% is going to be given to us by the generosity of the city council...... just like the sheriffs office got last year...a 2 % bonus the first of the year which is supposed to offset something else im hearing too......the 2% bonus will not reflect on a raise if one is given next year.....follow me??.....for most of the grunts a 1.5 comes out to be about ...460.00 a yr. or....roughly 39.00 a month....or roughly $9.23 a week......wow this is even unbelievable to me.....OR...roughly $1.34 per day......the cost of 1/3 a gallon of gas.....1/3 a gallon of milk.....not really enough to leave someone a decent tip.......now that funny if you sit down and eat somewhere....you leave a tip your in the hole.

i understand how the bonus works...everyone understands it so stop acting like you're enlightening us.
as everyone knows, one of our part timers just got a job on the coast starting @ around $48,000...why don't you apply and stop crying over issues that we have absolutely no control over.
and keep in mind, the council had a great excuse to shaft us this year and they didn't. i'm not saying i love our council, but at least it seems like they're human after all.

09-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Enlightening you??....you are obviously one of the very very few that voted against the union. Things you cannot change??...once again had the union been in place this would not have happened either....so tell me gizzest....what does make you happy?...and none of that boo hoo crap about im just lucky to have a job....how about i will apply to the coast but that would mean guys like you would actually have to go to work and do something. there is no excuse for any city council to (in your own words shaft a department).... its good to have a job doing what i want to do and i am thankful...but consider those of us that support families....and those of us that chose to live without using credit....it makes it nearly impossible financially to continue doing this job....as the apparent privelage given by the city council who one stated "i dont think they deserve a raise".....historically public service has always been 1 of the better jobs in a down economy...the council should not use this down economy as an excuse to further deprive already underpaid employees by state and area standards of the monies entitled to them for wearing this badge......

09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
first off, i call your bluff...apply somewhere else and get hired and make me do some work.
second, is it me or did we just cover the fact that the city council is NOT using the economy as an excuse, and they ARE giving us a decent raise. no its not the money that psl makes, but then again we arent psl.