PDA

View Full Version : PUDGE FOR CHIEF

08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
PUDGE FOR CHIEF 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUDGE FOR CHIEF 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGNS FOR THE YARDS AND BILLBOARDS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON FOR PICK UP. ALSO SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE.

KISS THE BRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUDGE FOR CHIEF 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
We all know your completely in love with Pudge. Get over it. Pudge is a great guy, Chief, I think not. How bout at least a 2 year degree, and some more exp. FBI school doesn't make a chief, neither does knowing alot of people or kissing the asses of FDLE, SAO etc.

09-10-2008, 05:51 PM
We all know your completely in love with Pudge. Get over it. Pudge is a great guy, Chief, I think not. How bout at least a 2 year degree, and some more exp. FBI school doesn't make a chief, neither does knowing alot of people or kissing the asses of FDLE, SAO etc.

Is there anyone inhouse that you'd recommend for the position. Just curious since you seem to be so vocal about pudge. (PS, he isnt applying for the position, this whole tread was started to stir things up)

09-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Quote: If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance. Abraham Lincoln

09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
What does he do well? suck up, thats all..He does it everyday

09-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I won't get involved in this, but feel in necesary to comment, thought it has nothing to do with me. I remember last year when the merger was hot and heavy, the ledger doing an article. I remember the ledger needing a quote from a bartow employee to go along with the article. I also remember, wyant being the only one to "nut up" and put his name and feelings out there. Where were all you naa sayers when that was going on. Who's ass was he kissing then? The Captain that worked for the sheriff's office? Sheriff Judds? Your Chief, oh wait you didn't have one.

Like I said, it doesn't effect me one way or another, but I never saw any other bartow cops make a statement like that, in direct contrast to what the sheriff or your bosses (city manager) wanted.

Just some food for thought.

09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Nut up? what do you know about nutting up, you work for a politician. one who will cut your head off if you nut up. and for someone who does not want to get involved, you sure had a lot to say. oh, and by the way, you may not have heard but you failed to mention that pudge ran across the street and had a lengthy meeting with the sheriff soon after his "nutting up" was done.

a lot of people at BPD did thier own nutting up and are still doing so, we just dont do it by grandstanding in the local rags! they need an experienced, educated person in there as chief, not a joke tellin', back slappin' front man, thats what they had with Sandvick. (just typing that name makes me retch) please no more of that.

09-16-2008, 01:35 PM
"Nutting up?"

the city just "nutted up" and didnt give us a raise this year....how that for "nutting up?"

09-23-2008, 04:03 AM
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all of Pudge was created equal, that he be endowed by himself as Creator with certain alienable Rights, that among these are Love, Laughter and the pursuit of Hores. — That to secure these rights, the Detective Bureau was instituted for him and by him, deriving his just powers from the consent of those that follow him, — That whenever any Form of Bartow Police Department becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of Pudge to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new Department and lay with his followers on such principles and organizing his powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their metro Safety and ultimate Happiness. Pudgence, indeed, will dictate that Bartow Police Departments long establishment should not be changed from blue to green.

‘PUDGE FOR HEADMASTER CHIEF”
NUTTIN’ BUTT THE BEST!

09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
GIRL, YOU NEED COUNSELING, SERIOUS COUNSELING. SURPISED HIS WIFE HASNT FOUND YOU AND BEATEN YOU SENSELESS

09-30-2008, 11:26 PM
And we wonder why we were almost "merged". We're wanting to have a man named "pudge" run our department. Are we serious?

10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Merger b/c people wanted pudge for chief? No, I think we almost merged due to the maturly level of some of our officers. Why do the children entertain this kind of bickering. Pudge isn't the chief, didn't apply to be chief, he isn't going to be the chief. Can we please move the eff on. Everyone on this board needs to grow up and support one and other, the union and who ever becomes the chief. Some of the officers, are so childish, thats why we almost merged.

10-03-2008, 01:20 PM
mergr u r trully an idot.

we almost merged cuz our last city manager hired a yes man that took away swornpersonell from our pd and traded the poitions for civilians that were nice to loook at. that yes man also just gave up the sworn positions becuz the last city manager asked him to. it has nothing to do with who is immature or not. there are plenty of ppl that are immature at other organizations that were not under merge alert.

we also hadno one to stand up for us becu our last cheif, last 2 captains and current major were either ran off, quit, or have no morals and ethics to stand up for officers. unles of course it is goibng to help them financily.

quit being stupid.

10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
mergr u r trully an idot.

we almost merged cuz our last city manager hired a yes man that took away swornpersonell from our pd and traded the poitions for civilians that were nice to loook at. that yes man also just gave up the sworn positions becuz the last city manager asked him to. it has nothing to do with who is immature or not. there are plenty of ppl that are immature at other organizations that were not under merge alert.

we also hadno one to stand up for us becu our last cheif, last 2 captains and current major were either ran off, quit, or have no morals and ethics to stand up for officers. unles of course it is goibng to help them financily.

quit being stupid.

Obviously you didnt read the post above mine. If you would like to go back and read it I think you will see my point. I agree with your post, other than you calling me stupid.

but again, i appreciate you maturity level.

10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
stupid

10-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I don't know for sure yet, but I was told there was a local guy who applied for the Chief's position here. I don't know what local agency, but I understand he is the Assistant Chief where he is now. I was told he is very well liked and respected among his rank and file. I was also informed he is very proactive, aggressive and he backs his troops 100%. I was told he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in, to include standing up to the sheriff. His officers call him a cops cop with a excellent background. They told me of incidents where citizens came in and filed complaints on his officers, and after investigating them himself, arrested the citizen for lying. Professional, proactive, and a backbone. That is what we are looking for.

They would not give me his name or where he worked yet, but believe me, my source is a reliable one. I will give more as I get it. He is apparently well liked in his community as well.

There is hope

10-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Hope this helps,,

There were only 4 "local" applicants for the position. One was Lt. Gary McLin (Bartow Police Department) Chief Larry Cavalerro (Mulberry Police) Ruhl Durrance (Formerly Ft. Meade PD, current PCSO) and Ron Shaw (formerly Bartow PD, currently Live Oak Police).

10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Blue Man;

If your source is so reliable, why can't you furnish a name? ALL the applicants are public record as the post after yours shows.

I am not jumping on you. I think maybe your source is not as reliable as you might think.

I also think the C/M will hire a yes man to do his bidding. There are a lot of hurdles that the applicants must jump through and by the end of it, the C/M will be able to tell who is are the yess men. Just like was done when J/D hired that POS Sandvik.

10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Are any of the above four candidates what we are looking four? Are they what we need and can they get the job done.

Just wondering, looking for insite.

10-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Blue man, just so I get this right. You went to knowing a secret applicant that you couldn't identify, to wanting to know if the 4 locals were what we needed. Which is it, do you know someone or not? Were you just stiring the pot and since you've been called out you fiqured you quickly change the subject. Not trying to be critical but, do you know of someone else that applied? and to answer you question, No. I don't think any of those 4 is right for the police dept.

10-16-2008, 12:39 AM
No, I was not stirring the pot. Like I said, It was rumor so far. I know there was 109 applications and I was told by someone in Lake Wales, that a good guy locally had applied. I have stated in an earlier post that I did not know his name. I was advised he is from Avon Park and is highly respected among his staff. Everything I heard about him, I stated in my earlier post. Again, I don't know for sure, but it was I was told.

10-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Blueman,

wrong again. there was less than half that many.

i'd fire my source.

10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Blueman was right on the number, but i still think he was stiring the pot.

http://bartow-fortmeade.theledger.com/d ... em=2269704 (http://bartow-fortmeade.theledger.com/default.asp?item=2269704)

108 Apply to Be Bartow Police Chief
The deadline to apply for the vacant chief's job at the Bartow Police Department has come and gone, which may be a good thing. In total, 108 people have applied for the job.

The next step calls for a committee at the Florida Police Chiefs Association to sort through the applications and cull those who don't meet the minimum criteria. The committee will send the list of those who do to City Manager George Long, who will decide which of those applicants will sit for a written exam on law enforcement issues.

The association will send those test results to Long, and he'll schedule interviews based on those results.

Then there's the background checks and the salary talks.

And when that's all through, Bartow hopefully will have a police chief.

10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Fair enuff blueman. keep your source!

:)

10-18-2008, 08:35 AM
What does he do well? suck up, thats all..He does it everyday

You're all just jealous. Of all the cops that I had contact with during my "STAY" in Polk County, I only met two GOOD ones. Pudge and Tommy Ray. And you can take that to the bank. They run circles around the rest of you!

10-18-2008, 01:12 PM
jones, are you still in prison? I wasn't aware that prisoners had the right to the internet, thats something. Look you've been kicked off our site (lakeland) and I'm pretty sure you've been kicked off the sheriff's site, so I see you are moving on to others. Do us all a favor and stop using this site for you message board. Use the ledger or ltj.com or whatever you want. This is a site for COPS TO USE.. So please! let us use it.

10-19-2008, 12:32 AM
jones, are you still in prison? I wasn't aware that prisoners had the right to the internet, thats something. Look you've been kicked off our site (lakeland) and I'm pretty sure you've been kicked off the sheriff's site, so I see you are moving on to others. Do us all a favor and stop using this site for you message board. Use the ledger or ltj.com or whatever you want. This is a site for COPS TO USE.. So please! let us use it.

I hate to disappoint you, but I am on the public forum page of leoaffairs. Just be happy I can't go into your little private "cop" chatrooms. I can only imagine what you guys talk about there after reading what you all have the nerve to post on the public forums.

In the meantime you should all take note of Pudge and Tommy Ray's conduct as officers of the law and get in line. When it comes to those two, there are none better.

10-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Jones, i found a couple of websites that may suit you better, whosarat.com and convicts.com try one of those and stay of the law enforcement websites. by the way, you already famous on a couple of leo websites, like polksheriff.org and floridadepartmentofcorrections.com.

11-22-2008, 11:01 PM
No raises? I wonder what happened to Lewis? Wasn't he supposed to be the Savior for city employees?