PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket

08-25-2008, 12:17 AM
After 19 years working in law enforcement, I was really humbled today by a Georgia state trooper. I received a ticket on I-75 s in Dooly this morning, headed back to Hillsborough County FL. A no nonsense officer pulled me over for doing 86 in a 70. I didn't realize that I was going that fast. I offered no excuses and he offered no explanations.

To all the civilians out there, it made absolutely no difference to him that I was an active LEO. I was just as shocked with my first yellow slip of paper in 25+ years. Only an hour after having a deer run into the side of my rental van.

Keep up the honest work. Made me cognizant of my speed this trip for sure... :oops:

08-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Sorry I dont give any LEOS tickets... if it's that bad I will make a phone call..and yes.. I have placed a fellow LEO in jail for criminal violations..But who else if not our own can give discretional breaks ! Not like the old days ! AMAZING !

10-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Glad to meet ya, come back soon.

10-21-2008, 06:10 AM

Yep, there are some real pr1cks in God's Special Police.

10-29-2008, 05:02 AM

What a way to welcome other LEOs into your friendly highways! I was stopped too and not given a chance to even ask for a break!
What a bunch of hard core Rambo wanna be's !!!! Like they don't notice when they're speeding themselves!

10-31-2008, 06:51 AM

What a way to welcome other LEOs into your friendly highways! I was stopped too and not given a chance to even ask for a break!
What a bunch of hard core Rambo wanna be's !!!! Like they don't notice when they're speeding themselves!

I'm a Miami Cop and want to be with "God's Special Police" so I'm moving to GA to be a prick up there too!

:devil:

11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
i would like to thank the piece of garbage Adel sgt who wrote my friend a ticket over the weekend with me and another officer inside the vehicle. i bet your real proud of yourself. keep up the good work. i bet that rookie you had with you was real imprressed. i could only wish to return the favor someday but most of you guys are to cowardly to leave your little towns. you know who you are you little rat.

11-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Yes, it's hard to believe, I was also initiated to being a civilian after 25 yrs of service by the wonderful GSP. During my 25 yrs of service I honored the badge of others and would have never questioned where or why they were driving fast. I was very polite and offered the information that I was retired but never threw my badge in his face. He was not impressed just had me press hard 5 copies. Thanks.....

02-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Wow! I'm a LEO in Florida and getting ready to move to GA with my wife next year. Was just on the site looking at the agency's and ran across this. Guess GA troopers really don't care about that whole Thine Blue Line thing we have going on. I feel ya though a SC trooper got me for 15 over a few years ago and a Tampa PD Motor Unit got my wife for 10 ove a few months ago. Kinda makes you a little bitter when I think of all the cops and firemen I've let off in the past 8 years. Is the citation really worth it? I'll never be that COP.

03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
i would like to thank the piece of garbage Adel sgt who wrote my friend a ticket over the weekend with me and another officer inside the vehicle. i bet your real proud of yourself. keep up the good work. i bet that rookie you had with you was real imprressed. i could only wish to return the favor someday but most of you guys are to cowardly to leave your little towns. you know who you are you little rat.

Kind of interesting how he is the piece of garbage when your friend was in the wrong, and probably knew it. You weren't even the recipient of the ticket. It appears as though YOU are the one that's real proud of yourself coming to an online forum and calling him names. Hypocrite. I bet your friends are real impressed with you spouting off on here too.

As for the cowardly part, is it more difficult requiring some degree of courage to stop a car with numerous occupants by yourself, or to come in here and talk out your ass about a fellow cop?

You just keep farting your moral equivalency about professional courtesy while disrespecting him on his beat by breaking the law, putting him in an untenable position, and then bad-mouthing him.

You are a douchbag.

03-09-2009, 03:15 AM
This "miami cop" is giving all MIami Cops a bad rap............by the way he sounds he must be a real jerk off! "Miami Cop" you are a disgrace to the badge.

03-29-2009, 02:06 AM
I have been in Law Enforcement 20+ years in Florida. I have given and received breaks in that period of time. Yes on one hand speeding in citable, however most of us drive like cops and over the years we all just about without exception do speed. I have never with knowledge have given a brother leo a citation. I have arrested a leo on a domestic( no discretion). We as a profession take hits all the time for things outside our control. We can only depend on each other. Once I establish that I have stopped a leo. I advise them to have a good day and hand their credentials back and leave. The rookies will see the light. Robocops don't last. Just my 2 cents worth.

04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
After 19 years working in law enforcement, I was really humbled today by a Georgia state trooper. I received a ticket on I-75 s in Dooly this morning, headed back to Hillsborough County FL. A no nonsense officer pulled me over for doing 86 in a 70. I didn't realize that I was going that fast. I offered no excuses and he offered no explanations.

To all the civilians out there, it made absolutely no difference to him that I was an active LEO. I was just as shocked with my first yellow slip of paper in 25+ years. Only an hour after having a deer run into the side of my rental van.

Keep up the honest work. Made me cognizant of my speed this trip for sure... :oops:

I think that suxs.................I am a p.o. and do NOT give other p.o.'s cits unless I am ordered to do so! :cop:

04-23-2009, 03:45 AM
I am a south Florida cop and have been for almost 20 years. I have friends and family in departments all over South Fl, and family that was a GA LEO. My question is: was the "miamicop" an alpha-hotel to the GSP officer? Having stopped more than my fair share of LEOs, I have encountered a minority that were complete alpha-hotels..."What are you stopping me for?"...Uhhh, violating about 4 traffic statutes in a mile and a half of highway..."But I'm a cop!" ...and I am supposed to know this HOW? Certainly not by your driving! Perhaps if you put a sign on your personal car; you know, the one with the illegal tints on the windows and that @!*$%@! train horn!!! Unfortunately, we tend to remember the bad ones...

I have traveled I-75 and various county roads through the great state of Geogia, and I must say, every GSP officer that I have encountered has been fantastic. I got lost in Thomas County, and the kind-hearted deputy from Thomas County SO led to the right highway, and didn't even laugh at me...Macon PD was AWSOME!...They treated my family like royalty when we stopped in to say hello at one of their stations while driving through the city.

I apologize for the FL LEOs that are alpha-hotels. The majority of us are not like that. We do the same job and we respect your jurisdiction as much as you respect ours.

bountyhunter_ga
05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
hello all, I have never written another cop a ticket, ever. started in the business in Pasco Co in 1970, before formal training carried a 44 mag revolver boy those were the days. well in all fairness to the new guys learning the business they are being taught by FTO's who are them selves rookies.

I feel sorry for the next generation of cops I guess they will not be allowed to kiss their Mothers next. We are all brothers when the smoke clears there is nothing we won't do to help a cop on side of the road being harmed.

Lets hope the new guys make it long enough to find that common ground with other cops around the country. I think more cops would be better served by reading a few pages of Masonic law instead of the Georgia's Law book. Give us old guys a break
we all speed and its neat to drive fast in those new cars so look at yourself in the mirror and you will see me at 60 and still working

06-01-2009, 03:41 AM
I would just like to say thank you to the GHP that gave me a break over the Memorial Day weekend. I was driving for 9 hours straight and unfortunately didn't keep a close enough eye on the briefly reduced speed limit. He gave me a verbal warning and that was the end of it. I will not forget the discretion shown by this officer for an honest mistake. He was a true professional.

07-10-2009, 02:51 AM
I recently drove I-75 all the way through Georgia and back down to Florida. I did not see a single trooper in Florida. I saw approximately 60 traffic stops in Georgia by GSP and APD. There were some total idiots flying by me and every one of them got nailed. You guys do a good job up there and you save alot of lives. I was in a pack of 20 cars at one point and more than half of them were pulled! As a fellow leo, I realize that if I take a chance and speed, I also take the chance of risking my life, others, and risk paying a costly ticket. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Florida LEO

08-14-2009, 01:03 AM

I pulled up the original post to bring the focus back to what the this thread was about. Not a 19 year veteran griping about getting a citation for something HE did, but instead acknowledging it and letting the public know that we realize we are not above the law though many try to act like it ('miamicop' take note: this is how a man takes responsibilty for his actions and doesn't blame the results of them on others; 'Another miami cop', I have worked with enough of your personnel to know all of you are not all like that wingnut). As a 23+ year state trooper in South Florida, I've had my share of city and county LEOs speeding in and out of their jurisdictions at 20, 30 or more mph over the limit and have given plenty of verbal warning and a few written ones when their attitude was borderline. I've only issued two citations in that time period: one was for an idiot (still in uniform coming from work) that tried to run from me when I u-turned on him, and the other was for a "special" individual who took it upon himself when I approached his car to inform me what my limitations were with him ("You can ask me for my license, registration, and insurance and that is all. I don't have to sit here and listen to you"). That last individual made his own bed, as far as I was concerned. I get tired of seeing marked units flying home because they live outside of the city or county they work in, or clocking them flying to work because they are so jaded with the job they wait until the last minute (or past the last minute, as the case may be) to leave home, or they overslept, whatever. I pray they don't crash and make me have to work the mess they made, have to go make notification of next of kin, etc., and then expect me to try and cover what they did when I make the report, because I don't want to be put in that position. I don't want to be put in the position of stopping an officer in uniform in his personal car, then have a judge, assistant state attorney, or news media in a van stop behind me and inform me of how the car I stopped was driving like a maniac up the road and they want me to do something about it. A lot of cops don't think about the position they put their brother law enforcement officers in by driving like that, but then again most of them that drive like that probably don't give a darn about enforcing the traffic laws anyway. To 'Embarrassed', I'm sorry you got cited but I promise I would feel the same way if I got cited: What am I going to say? It's my fault, not the trooper's. You are obviously a stand-up guy.

09-10-2009, 03:19 AM
I recently drove I-75 all the way through Georgia and back down to Florida. I did not see a single trooper in Florida. I saw approximately 60 traffic stops in Georgia by GSP and APD. There were some total idiots flying by me and every one of them got nailed. You guys do a good job up there and you save alot of lives. I was in a pack of 20 cars at one point and more than half of them were pulled! As a fellow leo, I realize that if I take a chance and speed, I also take the chance of risking my life, others, and risk paying a costly ticket. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Florida LEO
If you are from Florida then you KNOW why you didn't see a single trooper in Florida. If you didn't call your legislator anywhere in the past 3 years (doubt you did) and as a citizen demand raises for your troopers before they bailed out and left for a city, county, or federal agency (like yours) then you have YOU to thank/blame as well!

09-24-2009, 11:45 PM

Florida LEO

Ya Florida is a joke when it comes to traffic enforcement. No manpower

10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I for one have only written one LEO in 17 years, and it was only because he was an "A"hole. He had just been stopped by a fellow co-worker less than 5 minutes prior and I got him 20 over. He immediately started with the attitude.
I have gotten one driving a motorcycle at over 100MPH. He was polite and never assumed I would let him off. I sent him on his way.
I have been stopped a few times and I will make sure the officer knows my profession, however I do not and will not get an attitude.
My personal belief is that as LEO's we are trained to, and frequently do drive above the speed limit in the course of our duty.

12-17-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm a rookie and I will NEVER write another cop a speeding ticket, I have better things to do with my time than screw some guy making table scraps like myself. We are all brothers in this!

01-07-2010, 11:42 PM
You guys have to realize what your dealing with in Georgia with GSP. Their car police, traffic cops, whatever... They don't understand what it is to be on a hot call with bad guys still on scene. There after the fact and don't see real LE action as other LEO's do including state police organizations.

Its not their fault its just the way their department is set up. 95 % of their job is writing speeding tickets. Its important to them as that is the only thing they do. That's why they often write other leo's. To them speeding is a serious offense and they don't take it lightly. They have not been exposed to violent crime espicially violent occurring right in front of them forcing action. Most State Troopers in GA don't stick around too long. They get bored very quickly with their routine assignment and usually leave in a couple of years. Most find jobs in other LE fields that tend to be a little more challenging than sitting behind a laser or radar for 8 hours a day.

My advice is slow down if your in areas where their known to work. No matter how many years you have on the job or how much you kiss their ###, most of them are still gonna be @#! holes because they really think they are doing something important...

01-10-2010, 09:20 PM
You guys have to realize what your dealing with in Georgia with GSP. Their car police, traffic cops, whatever... They don't understand what it is to be on a hot call with bad guys still on scene. There after the fact and don't see real LE action as other LEO's do including state police organizations.

Its not their fault its just the way their department is set up. 95 % of their job is writing speeding tickets. Its important to them as that is the only thing they do. That's why they often write other leo's. To them speeding is a serious offense and they don't take it lightly. They have not been exposed to violent crime espicially violent occurring right in front of them forcing action. Most State Troopers in GA don't stick around too long. They get bored very quickly with their routine assignment and usually leave in a couple of years. Most find jobs in other LE fields that tend to be a little more challenging than sitting behind a laser or radar for 8 hours a day.

My advice is slow down if your in areas where their known to work. No matter how many years you have on the job or how much you kiss their ###, most of them are still gonna be @#! holes because they really think they are doing something important...
Spoken like a true agent, deputy, or police officer....and that isn't necessarily a compliment. 8)

01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
You're probably right about who wrote that last post. Reality is that there are alot more people (other LEO's) that feel exactly the same way about why Troopers tend to write other LEO's...

05-15-2010, 05:32 AM

Florida LEO

That's because our (FHP) manpower is a joke. Florida doesn't care about keeping the highways safe.

05-15-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm a rookie and I will NEVER write another cop a speeding ticket, I have better things to do with my time than screw some guy making table scraps like myself. We are all brothers in this!

Amen

07-01-2010, 02:58 AM
I was traveling through Georgia last weekend on U.S.1 above 16, sorry , i dont know what county I was in . I was north bound just tooling along with one other car, not even paying attention to the speed, i think I was doing 70. Anyway, came over a hill and saw a slick top charger sitting there. He pulled the car behind me over, so i thought , well thats cool. Then I saw him get back on the road and behind me to pull me over.. He walked up and asked where I was going in such a hurry, The funny part is, I couldnt tell him. I was just going where my wife was telling me to go. Oh Yeah, She is a Deputy. He asked for my D.L. and insurance and went back to his car. My wife asked me why I didnt show him my I.D. AND i OF COURSE ASKED HER WHY SHE DIDNT SHOW HIM HERS. I thought to myself, well your getting a ticket. The trooper got out of his vehicle and went to the other vehicle that he stopped. I didnt realize it, but I was watching rather intensly at him in my side view mirror. Habbit I guess. I was watching hard enough to make him come up to my vehicle and ask, I love this, "why are you eyeballing me" I told him I was just making sure he was O.K. He looked at me and said let me see your credentials. I showed them to him. And he said , well I guess I have to let the other guy go if I do you. I apologised and said do what you have to do, no hard feelings here. He replied"have a nice day". I drove another 5 hours to get to my destination with the wife heckling me the whole way and believe me, I didnt go over the speed limit there or on the way home, well maybe just a little on 16 and 95

Anyway, to that Trooper, I thank you. Your curtisy was not in vein. I work in Florida on the state line (16 yrs) and run into alot of Georgia boys coming here on vacation, and alot of them have badges and I have always shown them curtisy and always will

10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
GSP is full of a bunch of Blue Falcons. Not only do they cite fellow LEOs, they will not hesitate to make a BS arrest on one either. Be VERY VERY careful in GA. I would never cite a LEO much less make up a false arrest on a polite and cooperative fellow LEO, but I guess in GA they feel better about themselves when they do it. Good job, you guys are big heroes for screwing over cops.

bountyhunter_ga
01-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Do Not judge the book by its index,all cops have a superman syndrome they will loose once they find the light. Then they will be come a brother and a cop.
After just loosing a state trooper here in the Atlanta area by gunshots to the face after a short chase, the bad guy had been a multiple offender that's a court problem not a cop problem. We as Americans have a lot to fix.

03-18-2011, 11:08 PM

I've been a LEO in South Florida for 7 years now. I was driving to atlanta from Miami just to relief some stress, in a rental car through Adel in an empty highway just jamming to some oldies not noticing my speed gauge. When i saw a patrol vehicle a few yard in front on me with his overheads, on the side of the road. So naturally I slowed down to make sure he was ok. I noticed no vehicle in front of his, so I sped up and continued on my way. A few miles down, the same patrol vehicle conducted a traffic stop on me. So I pulled over and placed my hands out of the vehicle. The trooper/Deputy whatever approached my vehicle and asked me to step out, so I did. The first thing I told him was that I had my off duty weapon in my glove compartment and apologized to him if I did any thing wrong. He said I was going 12 mile over the speed limit and it was a construction area. There was no sign nor Construction worker,barricades or cautions lights. But I didn't argued and provided him with my license and all necessary paper work. The Deputy/Trooper saw my badge and my dept ID,but didnt say anything and neither did I. He then order me to the rear of my car and i complied. He took my paperwork and when he came back he issued me a citation, I signed and thanked him and again apologized for the incident. The only problem I have is that he had an attitude and was nasty, If I deserved a citation then so be it.

So ADEL Deputy/Trooper or whatever the hell you are.. Stop sleeping with you tactical underwears on your gun belt and your vest at night. Stop trying to be robocop and show the public and your brothers and sisters in blue some type of conpassion. REMEMBER COMPASSION MAY SOMEDAY SAVE YOUR LIFE AND IS KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!P.S That was my first ticket in 17 years and first and last trip to Georgia. :cop:

03-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Why don't you Miami cops, most of ya'll are from South Florida anyway, learn to slow you’re a$$es down and roll about 7 to 8 M.P.H. over the limit on I-75 and avoid the tickets in the first place. It pisses me off to read about you crybabies complaining because you were hammered going 12 to 15 over. I am a native Floridian, have been an officer for 20 years and travel to and from Georgia about 15 times a year to see my son and attend his football games in Athens. I have yet to be pulled over or ever had a negative encounter with Georgia law enforcement. Quite the opposite actually, they have always had the time to answer a question and help me out a time or two. I also went to college in Georgia and even as a civilian I never had a problem with the police in Georgia. I think the main issue is that most of you so called "Florida" officers are New York transplants with big mouths and big attitudes. You get hammered with a ticket that you earned driving like an idiot and your course of action is to whine on this site. You big mouthed transplants who complain are no better than the jitterbugs that get popped for acting a fool and blame us for harassing them. No wonder most of the officers in the state of Georgia call Floridians Flor-idiots, morons like you have earned us the nickname. Thanks for fu&*ing it up for the real people born and raised here who still have respect, know our place, were raised by our families with manners and actually have common sense that eludes you New York big mouths.

02-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Wow read the entire thread, lot of anger out there. Here's a thought try not to speed, if you get caught, try not be a jerk, and hope the trooper isn't a jerk either. Spent 38 years in the business, stopped an FHP lieutenant at 88 in a 45 mph zone once he was a gentleman and so was I.

02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Why don't you Miami cops, most of ya'll are from South Florida anyway, learn to slow you’re a$$es down and roll about 7 to 8 M.P.H. over the limit on I-75 and avoid the tickets in the first place. It pisses me off to read about you crybabies complaining because you were hammered going 12 to 15 over. I am a native Floridian, have been an officer for 20 years and travel to and from Georgia about 15 times a year to see my son and attend his football games in Athens. I have yet to be pulled over or ever had a negative encounter with Georgia law enforcement. Quite the opposite actually, they have always had the time to answer a question and help me out a time or two. I also went to college in Georgia and even as a civilian I never had a problem with the police in Georgia. I think the main issue is that most of you so called "Florida" officers are New York transplants with big mouths and big attitudes. You get hammered with a ticket that you earned driving like an idiot and your course of action is to whine on this site. You big mouthed transplants who complain are no better than the jitterbugs that get popped for acting a fool and blame us for harassing them. No wonder most of the officers in the state of Georgia call Floridians Flor-idiots, morons like you have earned us the nickname. Thanks for fu&*ing it up for the real people born and raised here who still have respect, know our place, were raised by our families with manners and actually have common sense that eludes you New York big mouths.

Your a jerk. i'VE Been more of a COP then you will EVER be! I have stopped numerous cops and been pretty pissed about how they drove, but at the end of the day if we don't look out for each other who will look out for US? I speed sometimes and most cops do.

02-28-2012, 03:56 AM

Hey Pal, I'm a NY big mouth transplant now residing in Florida. I retired from a "real job" where I learned that even back wood hillbillies like ya'll were to be respected because you were, regardless of your stupidity, a "COP." We always knew what it meant to be in a police fraternity where we took care of each other and our families because we knew that no one else would. Let me ask you, when 9/11 occurred, did you or any of the officers in your dept. offer to come up to NY and give us a hand? If you did why? We lost 23 NYPD and 37 Port Authority Officers...did you mourn them? Why would you when in live you would write them a summons. You are the epitome of hypocrisy and I pray that some day when I am driving up I-95 between Florida and New York that some big buck is beating the crap out of you on the side of the road. Remind me to wave as a drive by. You wouldn't last 2 days in a NYC Police Precinct and not so much because you couldn't handle the job but because you would have immediately been labeled a "rat." Learn what brotherhood means!

03-28-2012, 10:23 PM

Hey Pal, I'm a NY big mouth transplant now residing in Florida. I retired from a "real job" where I learned that even back wood hillbillies like ya'll were to be respected because you were, regardless of your stupidity, a "COP." We always knew what it meant to be in a police fraternity where we took care of each other and our families because we knew that no one else would. Let me ask you, when 9/11 occurred, did you or any of the officers in your dept. offer to come up to NY and give us a hand? If you did why? We lost 23 NYPD and 37 Port Authority Officers...did you mourn them? Why would you when in live you would write them a summons. You are the epitome of hypocrisy and I pray that some day when I am driving up I-95 between Florida and New York that some big buck is beating the crap out of you on the side of the road. Remind me to wave as a drive by. You wouldn't last 2 days in a NYC Police Precinct and not so much because you couldn't handle the job but because you would have immediately been labeled a "rat." Learn what brotherhood means!
Why would you be concerned about a large deer attacking a law enforcement officer on the side of the road? I have to assume that's what you're refering to, what with all the "brotherhood" and "fraternity" talk you were laying down, right? Otherwise YOU would be....how did you put it?....ah yes: "The epitome of hypocrisy." Peace out, Mr. Carpetbagger.

04-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to mention that I've made that run up and down I-75 in Georgia several times per year over the past 40+ years driving from FL to my original hometown in the upper mid-west and recall that stretch through Adel well. It seems like it has been under construction of one kind or another for ages lol. Anyway, I'll bet I've been stopped five or six times in Ga during those years on 75 by the GSP (including once along that Adel stretch) for moderate speeding and never got a ticket. Once I identified myself as a Miami cop the encounter would end on a friendly note, usually with a handshake and maybe a couple of minutes of "shop talk"...the GSP guys were always brotherly & professional. I'm betting you got stopped by a deputy from whatever county Adel is in, not a trooper. The S.O.'s from those first few counties in Ga have always seemed to sandbag that southern portion of I-75 for speeders.....revenue source I guess.

03-30-2013, 01:05 PM
As a fellow Law Enforcement officer in Florida for 23 years I would like to send a message to the Georgia State Trooper working I95 outside of Jacksonville on the night of 4/27. You pulled over my son who is active duty in the United States Army and is being deployed to Afghanistan. You gave him a speeding ticket which I have no issues with, what I do have an issue with is being unprofessional and not respecting the uniform he wears. Being redneck about it and calling him boy and telling him not to speed in your state and laughing about it says a lot about you. I only hope you recieve the same treatment from somebody else one day. And remember your State is in his country

04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
As a fellow Law Enforcement officer in Florida for 23 years I would like to send a message to the Georgia State Trooper working I95 outside of Jacksonville on the night of 4/27. You pulled over my son who is active duty in the United States Army and is being deployed to Afghanistan. You gave him a speeding ticket which I have no issues with, what I do have an issue with is being unprofessional and not respecting the uniform he wears. Being redneck about it and calling him boy and telling him not to speed in your state and laughing about it says a lot about you. I only hope you recieve the same treatment from somebody else one day. And remember your State is in his country

Typical crooked lying Florida cop that thinks theyre above the law

07-29-2013, 11:25 PM
I am SO sorry that God's Special People treated y'all with such non-courtesy. Our State Patrol has just gone to hell in a handbasket over the recent years. I'm a life-long Georgian and used to be proud of our GSP. I was a local PD sergeant in a VERY busy metro-Atlanta PD; then I went federal. My specialty was traffic (motors) when I was a local. Since having become a fed, I had a fed colleague, who was an Alabama Highway Patrolman for 12 years; that told me about being mistreated by GSP at a road check. The Trooper forced his alco-sensor into the car in front of my colleague's face growling, "Blow!" He blew .000 and the Trooper cleared it, put it back in his face and said, "Blow again!" I vapor-locked and felt my ears turning red when my colleague told me this story. The Trooper's behavior constituted a 1983 violation. In Georgia, your vehicle is an extension of your home. Your window is your curtilage. An LEO must ASK you to blow; not DEMAND. I happened to know the GSP Colonel and Lt. Colonel very well at the time. So, I gave the LTC a call off the record. He hit the roof, wanted me to file an official complaint with IA, etc. Of course, I refused. As fate would have it, I ran into the very Trooper on a bad MVA on I-75 in the county where I'm a volunteer FF/EMT. I also happened to be the Fire Ground Commander of that call; and, well, HE was the investigating Trooper. I was on my way home from the office when the tones went out and I was in the area. I was dressed in slacks/tie/gun/mags/cuffs but no badge. I assumed command and we had children & others significantly injured, life flight, etc. The Trooper kept looking at me as I was talking on my walkie directing personnel, talking to dispatch, putting equipment back in service. Finally, when all calmed down the Trooper walked over to me and asked with a smart ass tone, "Who you with?!" See, it wasn't computing in his brain: slacks/tie/gun/FD walkie giving FD direction. So, I looked around and said, "I'm with them, you, those folks over there..." Then he said, "No, you have a gun on and your telling all the firemen and paramedics what to do like you're a fire chief or something." THEN I lit into his ass; diplomatically, of course. After I reminded him of his event at the road check with my colleague, telling him how embarassed he made me to be a fellow Georgian, how I called the LTC and how many levels of WRONG he was with his behavior that night; he apologized emphatically. Bottom line is the LTC told me, "We're getting what we pay for here at GSP; and that ain't much." I'm so sorry it's come to that. But these youngsters policing these days aren't doing it to help folks. They're doing it for the power, it seems.

08-10-2013, 01:32 PM
GA Troopers are truly POS...... A trooper identified my mother as A cops mom and still wrote her a ticket... Then I read your post and you call us crybabies because we complain about you guys not having professional courtesy . It seems like you guys have a resentment against Florida Officers/ Deputies because we actually do police work and don't have to write tickets on old ladies all day. I've have and never will write a officer or intermediate family member a ticket. Please enjoy a peaceful... Ahh Fu_k it, you guys suck we will see you loser at the Olympics

01-05-2014, 03:14 PM
This is the problem. Why would you even think because you have a badge you are entitled to break the law at will with no consequences? If you were speeding or any other infraction why would you not have to pay the same price as the citizens you stop and cite. Your badge does not grant you extra privileges. At the very least it should make you more aware of the law and to set the example to others follow it. People and camera's are watching. You will be held accountable for your actions the good ol boys club is over and when you get caught doing something you should not be doing no one will be coming to your rescue. You will be hung out like the sacrificial lamb. I'm glad there are LEO.s out there who feel the same way. the law is the law any everyone must follow it. You're not entitled to special treatment but you are entitled to the protections offered all of us by the United States Constitution.

Unregistered
09-08-2014, 01:13 AM
This is the problem. Why would you even think because you have a badge you are entitled to break the law at will with no consequences? If you were speeding or any other infraction why would you not have to pay the same price as the citizens you stop and cite. Your badge does not grant you extra privileges. At the very least it should make you more aware of the law and to set the example to others follow it. People and camera's are watching. You will be held accountable for your actions the good ol boys club is over and when you get caught doing something you should not be doing no one will be coming to your rescue. You will be hung out like the sacrificial lamb. I'm glad there are LEO.s out there who feel the same way. the law is the law any everyone must follow it. You're not entitled to special treatment but you are entitled to the protections offered all of us by the United States Constitution.

Really? Ever get your ass handed to you? who came to your rescue? Either you are a civilian or have never been in truly a life threatening situation(s) where the only one you can rely on is a cop. Even a retired cop. No, cops are not above the law but being as a lot of civilians and most of the media are shoving things up our rear, what is wrong with a liitle "discretion"!? And yes discretion is the word. It's generally the cops that don't routinely deal with routine in progress dangerous calls that have the attitude "not on MY highway/state/City/County" etc.

Unregistered
09-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I was a LEO with the State of Fl and a Major City for over 38 years..

I totally agree. There is something called professional courtesy and I have given it many times to civilians too who were not A holes. This generation just doesn't have it.. and its ingrained that they should write everyone and make there mind up before they approach the car... common sense is gone..and sorry to say..

Georgia Laws suck.. they are still in the good old boy mentality along with their administration..and behind by years on what they do. I have seen guys go to jail here for things which would never stand the test of probable cause in Florida.. really ! Just stating the facts.. of 38 years and mostly involved in Major Crimes.

Lighten up guys.. its only a job.. so have fun.

Unregistered
10-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Yep, there are some real pr1cks in God's Special Police.

What a bunch of douche bags ! You ****ing pricks, come on down to Dade county, and this would never happen. We believe in professional courtesy. Hell if you're a DUI LEO, you get a pass and a taxi ride here, WTF is with you people ?

I'll bet this prick got beat up in high school, and joined the GA state patrol, to get even with the world, including other cops. SHAME, SHAME, Shame on you HICKS ! Post this assholes name for ALL to see, yea, post the pricks name !!!!

Unregistered
10-25-2014, 10:42 AM
this is the problem. Why would you even think because you have a badge you are entitled to break the law at will with no consequences? If you were speeding or any other infraction why would you not have to pay the same price as the citizens you stop and cite. Your badge does not grant you extra privileges. At the very least it should make you more aware of the law and to set the example to others follow it. People and camera's are watching. You will be held accountable for your actions the good ol boys club is over and when you get caught doing something you should not be doing no one will be coming to your rescue. You will be hung out like the sacrificial lamb. I'm glad there are leo.s out there who feel the same way. The law is the law any everyone must follow it. You're not entitled to special treatment but you are entitled to the protections offered all of us by the united states constitution.

**** you above , you ****ing asshole ! Your probably some ****ing citizen, or one of these stupid prick troopers that would lock up their own mother ? I'm a retired miami cop, and looky here hillbilly trooper, or mr citizen asshole, if you saw some trooper getting his ass beat by some big 300 pound ****** on i-95 would you stop to assist ? No , of course you wouldn't, well i would, and that's why cops get breaks, and citizens don't , got it ? Thats it in a nut shell, the thin blue line, you pathetic asshole !!!!

Unregistered
10-26-2014, 03:11 PM
see.. like I said.. common sense and courtesy.. what I give to ALL..if you don't have an attitude in those I encounter.. They are so afraid of their cameras and making a decision on their own.. Gd help our society..

Its all about stats.. for these guys.. and no common sense.. ticket.. arrest.. and handle it in court.. Heck I have seen some crazy arrests without probable cause in Georgia only to be thrown out later on..

Unregistered
09-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Well expose them! Let their fellow officers know that they are a huge POS!

Deputy Strickland of Tifton county! Writes fellow cops!