PDA

View Full Version : Primaries

mod 349
08-21-2008, 05:29 PM
It's not often that we as a family, an entity, a forum, a voice can really make a difference when issues arise. Times are tough now more than ever economically, politically and professionally. We certainlly can't do anything about the current state of affairs with gas prices & economic hard times. However, we can make a difference with issues that effect us all professionally as in our leadership and our future. I ask myself an have for years what is the best way to change what is and has been out of my control? I've come to the conclusion that it lies in education, communication and most of all integrity of doing the right thing. This administration has no fear or shame when it comes to termination or harsh disciplinary techiniques that go around policy which dictates progressive discipline but is never followed. We have to ask ourselves WHY? WHY? has collective bargaining or union representation been shot down time after time over the past 5 years. Well its very obvious that fear & intimidation still exist in these medvevil times in Citrus. Many agencies throughtout this great state have it an are reaping the benefits of contractual obligations that guarantee MERIT raises, representation for grievances, adhering to progressive discipline, fairness, better professionalism amongst the ranks. While unions don't appear to be in our near future nor do they appear to be the answer to our problems it would be of great assistance to instilling a better work place and morale for all. I believe the immediate answer to the problem is removing the incumbent with a powerful message that its time for change. How can we do this? Vote August 26th for Hank Hemrick!!! The only candidate willing to listen, to accept the challenge, to put CCSO back on track from the my way or highway mentality. I've been to shift rep meetings where reps have been heard an ignored for years or topics addressed time an time again. I've read on this forum that we should step up to the plate an attend these meetings to address the problems. Well I have an nothing gets done or will get done as long as things remain the way they are leaving us the indians, the worker bees, to get the job done as a TEAM by getting the word out.

If you don't vote we can't be heard.....

I look forward to seeing you at the polls,

Mod 349

09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
well said, sad to see no one seems to care with no feedback of interest or agreement. That tells you something about the atmosphere that folks are intimidated to respond or couldn't care less about improving there career. Obviously not a teamwork environment, goodluck getting any assistance with your efforts to improve the morale which is why left years ago.

10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Crunch time is here CCSO make sure you are registered to vote by now or its too late on making a difference...

Good luck Hank!

10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Bad news. I just learned that Steve Burch is backing Hank Hemrick for sheriff. Yes, it is sad, because he just caused Mr. Hemrick to lose a few hundred votes. The citizens of Crystal River lost their police department because of him and Andy Houston. The Sheiff is doing a great job for us and we need to keep it that way. God help us ALL is Burch is ever put in charge of anything at the sheriff department.

dan1065cf
11-12-2008, 03:57 PM
so who won the vote??? I tried to catch it on the news...But Orlando networks don't go that far I guess

11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Dawsy won with ease!

11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Dawsy won with ease!

Too bad CCSO has to suffer another 4 years...... :evil: