PDA

View Full Version : MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON & CITY LEADERSHIP

08-21-2008, 03:22 AM
Wow. The Ann Barnes story is on CNN and USA Today. The city now has reached a new low under the leadership of our short termed mayor ( thank you jesus), SCOTT NEWTON. Everybody knew what was going on in Ann's department put it was always swept under the rug by SCOTT NEWTON and the city manager, JOSEPH GALLEGOS, our very own MR G. They were warned on numerous occasions that the situation invoving Ann, Mellisa ans Banks Sr was going out of control about the racial comments about afro americans, hispanics , gays,lesbians and jewish people. Instead of dealing with the siyuation, they always tried to sweep it under the rug. Terrible decision. HR( Brenda, Dio & Linda) was wrong also by not trying to investigate and rectify the problem. NEWTON thought the problem would be solved by getting rid of Harold Horne but it really backfired on him , HR & our own Mr G.In talking to a investigative reporter , a lot more will be coming out about this situation that will really humiliate the city and it's management .

08-21-2008, 04:05 AM
when you think of it can we really sink any lower in having a ineffective city manager who could care less about the welfare of city employees( both general and the super rich cops) whose decisions are totally driven by the wishes of a city commission instead of listening to his own dept heads. Gallegos should have been shown the door a long time ago. He has totally botched this city hall/pd bond issue with lisa and they both need to go, quickly. Neither has much support left.

08-21-2008, 04:37 AM
As a WM police oficer for 7 years, i am SCHOCKED that the PBA has endorsed MAYOR SCREW THE EMPLOYEE, SCOTT NEWTON, for state senator. He is not qualified to be a dog catcher. Better yet, maybe he is qualified to scoop up the dog crap at colohattchee park.

08-25-2008, 05:13 AM
dude
Wow. The Ann Barnes story is on CNN and USA Today. The city now has reached a new low under the leadership of our short termed mayor ( thank you jesus), SCOTT NEWTON. Everybody knew what was going on in Ann's department put it was always swept under the rug by SCOTT NEWTON and the city manager, JOSEPH GALLEGOS, our very own MR G. They were warned on numerous occasions that the situation invoving Ann, Mellisa ans Banks Sr was going out of control about the racial comments about afro americans, hispanics , gays,lesbians and jewish people. Instead of dealing with the siyuation, they always tried to sweep it under the rug. Terrible decision. HR( Brenda, Dio & Linda) was wrong also by not trying to investigate and rectify the problem. NEWTON thought the problem would be solved by getting rid of Harold Horne but it really backfired on him , HR & our own Mr G.In talking to a investigative reporter , a lot more will be coming out about this situation that will really humiliate the city and it's management .

This story has only tapped the beginning of how racist the management of wilton manors is. It includes the MAYOR, CITY MANAGER & CITY COMMISSION including LEISURE SERVICES, HR , The PD and check out the LIBRARY and the DIRECTORS history in Vermont. Talking felony charges but the child was only a minor? Right Rick ?

08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
How is the Ann Barnes sacrifice coming along. Is she among others ready to be sliced up on the altar.

10-10-2008, 03:34 AM
MESSAGE FROM MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON

As my present term as your Mayor draws to a close, I once again wish to express to
all, the great pride I feel in what we have been able to accomplish together in this splendid City of ours. As I look back to my first volunteer service on the Planning & Zoning Board in 1994, through election to the City Commission in 2000 and finally as your Mayor for the past 2 terms, I am awed by the number of great people who served so well along with me. Each had a vision of the quality of life we sought to achieve in our City and all worked together over those years to achieve what we have today.
Among many things of which we can be proud, we were able to develop and secure a
great system of parks along the water, a signature community center in Hagen Park, and the outstanding historical building and nature preserve in the Richardson Park, located directly on a beautifully landscaped Wilton Drive!

My desire is to continue to serve more here and in our surrounding communities in the Florida Legislature in Tallahassee, but before that, great thanks and appreciation go out to all who have, are now, or will volunteer in our City and most especially to the dedicated city workers, led by one of the most community minded city managers around, who have all along devoted their talent and expertise to make these wonderful
improvements work so well. Your continued support of the City in the years to come will ensure our future as an outstanding place to live, shop, work and play.

FAREWELL MESSAGE FROM MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON

As my time as your Mayor comes to an end, there are many people to thank for making my last eight and a half years on the Wilton Manors City Commission the best for me personally.
To my fellow Commissioners: Vice Mayor Ted Galatis, Commissioner Gary Resnick, Commissioner Craig Sherritt, former Commissioner Joe Angelo, Commissioner Diane Cline: it has been a pleasure serving along side of you and making so many great things come to fruition here in Wilton Manors. To City Manager Joseph L. Gallegos –goes deserved respect for you and the fine job accomplished as top administrator for the City for these years working together. To the City Staff – you all are cherished employees and I respect and admire each and every one of you for the continuous fine job you perform on a daily basis.
To all the volunteer board members – thank you, thank you, thank you for all the hours you altruistically give to the City to assure the best possible results in making the City a better place. And to all of the residents and business owners of Wilton Manors – I appreciate your input over the years, your constant dedication in making this City a wonderful community within which to live, work and play, and for giving me the opportunity to serve you.
So much has been accomplished with redevelopment and infrastructure improvements that we all can be proud of.Together, we have made positive progress in our Island City, while preserving our town’s unique character that makes it a special place to live. Although I am moving on, I will continue to have an active interest in my home town and will
participate wherever I and my family are needed. This is not a “goodbye” but - I’ll see you around town!

HOLY CRAP.....I LOST!!!! PLEASE DISREGARD MY TWO FINAL LETTERS AS I HAVE TAKEN BACK MY ENDORSEMENT OF MUCH MORE QUALIFIED GARY RESNICK AND WILL SPEND ALL MY LEFT OVER MONEY DONATED FOR MY PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN AND WIN MY SEAT BACK.

10-10-2008, 03:43 PM

As my present term as your Mayor draws to a close, I once again wish to express to
all, the great pride I feel in what we have been able to accomplish together in this splendid City of ours. As I look back to my first volunteer service on the Planning & Zoning Board in 1994, through election to the City Commission in 2000 and finally as your Mayor for the past 2 terms, I am awed by the number of great people who served so well along with me. Each had a vision of the quality of life we sought to achieve in our City and all worked together over those years to achieve what we have today.
Among many things of which we can be proud, we were able to develop and secure a
great system of parks along the water, a signature community center in Hagen Park, and the outstanding historical building and nature preserve in the Richardson Park, located directly on a beautifully landscaped Wilton Drive!

My desire is to continue to serve more here and in our surrounding communities in the Florida Legislature in Tallahassee, but before that, great thanks and appreciation go out to all who have, are now, or will volunteer in our City and most especially to the dedicated city workers, led by one of the most community minded city managers around, who have all along devoted their talent and expertise to make these wonderful
improvements work so well. Your continued support of the City in the years to come will ensure our future as an outstanding place to live, shop, work and play.

As my time as your Mayor comes to an end, there are many people to thank for making my last eight and a half years on the Wilton Manors City Commission the best for me personally.
To my fellow Commissioners: Vice Mayor Ted Galatis, Commissioner Gary Resnick, Commissioner Craig Sherritt, former Commissioner Joe Angelo, Commissioner Diane Cline: it has been a pleasure serving along side of you and making so many great things come to fruition here in Wilton Manors. To City Manager Joseph L. Gallegos –goes deserved respect for you and the fine job accomplished as top administrator for the City for these years working together. To the City Staff – you all are cherished employees and I respect and admire each and every one of you for the continuous fine job you perform on a daily basis.
To all the volunteer board members – thank you, thank you, thank you for all the hours you altruistically give to the City to assure the best possible results in making the City a better place. And to all of the residents and business owners of Wilton Manors – I appreciate your input over the years, your constant dedication in making this City a wonderful community within which to live, work and play, and for giving me the opportunity to serve you.
So much has been accomplished with redevelopment and infrastructure improvements that we all can be proud of.Together, we have made positive progress in our Island City, while preserving our town’s unique character that makes it a special place to live. Although I am moving on, I will continue to have an active interest in my home town and will
participate wherever I and my family are needed. This is not a “goodbye” but - I’ll see you around town!

HOLY CRAP.....I LOST!!!! PLEASE DISREGARD MY TWO FINAL LETTERS AS I HAVE TAKEN BACK MY ENDORSEMENT OF MUCH MORE QUALIFIED GARY RESNICK AND WILL SPEND ALL MY LEFT OVER MONEY DONATED FOR MY PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN AND WIN MY SEAT BACK.

Does his taking back his endorsement of Gary Resnick surprise anybody. SCOTT NEWTON is a born LIAR along with the rest of his FAMILY. His time as MAYOR has been nothing short of a complete FAILURE in regards to leadership. Gary Resnick will be a breath of fresh air when he wins the MAYORS election on November 4 !

10-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Didn't Newton makea deal with Gary Resnick. If Resnick backed out of the State Rep election, Newton would endorse him. Well, Resnick, as a man of his word, backed out of the State Rep election and Newton, thinking he was a a shoe in for the seat, endorsed Resnick for Mayor and then Newton was beaten. So then, he takes back his endorsement and decides to run for Mayor, once again :oops: . Besides being a loser, he is a liar. If you are not a man of your word, you are nothing!!!!! If you ever need to conduct business with Newton or must deal with him, do it in an attorneys office with an air tight contract or as far as he is concerned, it did not happen. Good luck Gary. :wink: We need a truthful Mayor with ethics and morales and not the trash we have had for the last four years. Time to put the trash on the curb!!!! :evil:

10-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Gary we all know you are desperate..and desperate men resort to desperate measures,,,,In several weeks you will have to come up with a new job because you will no longer be an elected official. oh dear, wont be able to be a lobbyist any more. maybe Steve Kelly will let you write for him full time and maybe throw you a dollar or 2 your way...he wont be able to pay much because his little slizzzzzz paper is loosing advertisers..what a shame....You dropped out of the 92 race because you saw an easy way to slide in as Mayor, we all know that Mayor Newton never made a deal with you....so go ahead and keep showing us all how desperate you are...it actually funny watching you squirm..

10-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey Scotty Boy. I see you are attempting to defend yourself about the deal that DID take place but one thing I did not see you defend. The taking back of your endorsement to a much more qualified, educated and ethical Gary Resnick. What do you have to say about that...... :oops: :oops: Ah, just what I thought! :snicker:

10-12-2008, 05:19 PM
More qualified...now thats funny, when was the last time you saw him at a City event... ??? and dont count the last couple months, during election time.. humm...yea that would be zero. He cant even make it to the commission meeting half of the time, and when he does hes late .
more qualified, my as.... :snicker:

10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
STILL IGNORING THE ENDORSEMENT YOU TOOK BACK!!!! :snicker: Must be dificult because it can be proven!

10-13-2008, 01:46 PM
STILL IGNORING THE ENDORSEMENT YOU TOOK BACK!!!! :snicker: Must be dificult because it can be proven!

Steve and Gary you seems to think someone cares that he took back an endorsement....we dont...get over it. :mrgreen:

10-13-2008, 05:36 PM

Steve and Gary you seems to think someone cares that he took back an endorsement....we dont...get over it. :mrgreen:

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

10-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Once we get Mayor Resnick comfortable and in position along with some new blood in that council, we can move towards repairing the damage caused by Newton and the rest of his robots. Looking foward to a new begining with some major changes.

10-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey Scotty, is it true that you cried like a little spoiled girl at your (not really a) Victory Party?? Just the kind of strong leader our city needs in tough times!

11-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Once we get Mayor Resnick comfortable and in position along with some new blood in that council, we can move towards repairing the damage caused by Newton and the rest of his robots. Looking foward to a new begining with some major changes.
So let's let Resneck get comfortable so he can be so late for so many more meetings that he's late to vote on anything???? Did he help out with anything but bad mouthing? :D

01-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Joey Angelo, for heavans sake, stop the whining. What about all the campaign signs on city swales. Every one is doing it. It's unfair to the businesses that have these signs on swales in front of their locations. That gives a false endorsement of candidates not to mention posiibly signing death warrants of those businesses by the oppositions supporters. Joey, you had some bad press and unfortunately in this society, people are too quick to judge before hearing the facts. Your support didn't help Nicky and it doesn't help Scotty.

01-19-2009, 04:12 AM
Would anyone running for even dog catcher want an endorsement from Joe Angelo. No Way. He resigned his elected seat in total embarresment to go back to school ? Yea right. He had to get out of town real quick because of his being tied to the Black Elected Officials Organization. Joe Angelo's tenture with the City Of Wilton Manors is something that needs to be forgotten and never brought back. He left the city with his tail between his legs and that is how he needs to be remembered. :!:

01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
people, please, please, please. Let's start a new and end this rediculous election circus. Time to bring John back on board.

01-20-2009, 08:54 PM
people, please, please, please. Let's start a new and end this rediculous election circus. Time to bring John back on board.

Thats really funny...John and NEW in the same sentence...John is old news , just like Sandy Steen. Please, please please, PLEASE!!!!!

01-21-2009, 01:30 AM
hey I agree but john was not a part of the recent group and is the best choice only because we don't know enough about julie

01-21-2009, 02:26 AM
hey I agree but john was not a part of the recent group and is the best choice only because we don't know enough about julie

MORE LIKE NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT JULIE, JOHN HASNT BEEN APART OF ANYTHING IN A LONG TIME, NEWTON IS THE BEST CHOICE, WE ALREADY HAVE 2 NEW COMMISSIONER WHO ARE JUST FIGURING OUT WHATS GOING ON, DONT NEED 3

01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
oh goodness, she got her featyhers in an uproar. whoooops, did I say she? hey deary, does also include not knowing our sign laws? the desparate ones always seem to forget and put them everywhere, but who cares about our laws.

01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
we enjoyed lastnight's meeting at Pace so much. john boy doesn't have a clue, scotty talks about things he should have done when he was in and didn't. So, our votes go to the one that couldn't BS us. I said BS us because she knows little and will address matters without worrying about affending long time BUDDIES!!!!!! we will now pass this on to our neighbors at the one and only Alibi where we are tired of the arrogance of politicians that allow these positions to go to their heads. Yes the applause was loud for scotty and so so for john boy BUT, it's the same people as always. We clapped for everyone. Well, I did, billy did not. Ok Mark, Gary and Steve, we are ready to vote. Keep things as they are. It could be a good mix. GO JULIE

01-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Yea, GO julie back to the hole you crawled out of...You are clueless and you've never done one thing for the city of wilton manors,..get involved after you loose this race.

01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Has anyone ever heard Julie answer a question? Every time she starts up you're in for lawyer speak and diversion. The CANA candidates forum she actually said "I'm not going to answer that but I will say this". I thought we sent Sarah Palin back to Alaska but here's Carson... She's going to start winking and saying You Betcha any monent now!

John was at least coherent but he's running for P&Z, not for commission.

That leaves Scott. At least I know where he stands. We've got too many lawyers on the commission now, it would be easier if they all just pulled it out and measured it and got it over with!

01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
hahahahaha your nose obviously gets in your way of seeing clearly and distracts your hearing. Go back to baking cookies and stop whining

01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
hahahahaha your nose obviously gets in your way of seeing clearly and distracts your hearing. Go back to baking cookies and stop whining

Whos making cookies???....I want one, I hear SS is a pampered chef..

01-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Newton has been a cancer in city goverment for years and needs to go down for the 3rd time.Remember 3 strikes and your out SCOTTY, forever!!!!!!!!!

01-30-2009, 10:03 PM
julie, sorry but it does have some meritt. So get involved and then you can have Ted's place. So until then, GO JOHN FIORE!!!!!

02-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Candidates for Wilton Manors Commission
February 3, 2009

Meet the candidates
Julie Carson
Personal: 47, with partner.

Education: Bachelor's degree in Spanish, Middle Tennessee State University

Professional: Eight-year senior paralegal for Gator Investments in North Miami Beach
Political: City commissioners appointed her to fill the commission seat vacated by Gary Resnick last year.

Civic: Served five years on different boards for Congregation Etz Chaim in Wilton Manors. A triathlete with many competitions under her belt, she has volunteered for charity events, including a 62-mile bike ride for Kids in Distress. Member of East Neighborhood Association.

John Fiore
Personal: 55, with partner.

Education: Bachelor's degree in urban planning, University of South Florida in Tampa.

Professional: A 20-year urban planner for Broward County Click here for restaurant inspection reports's Parks and Recreation Division.

Political: City Council from 1988 to 2000 and mayor from 2000 to 2002.

Civic: Wilton Manors Planning and Zoning Board member in late 1970s and early '80s and from 2000 to 2003; city Parks and Recreation Advisory Board member since 2003. East Neighborhood Association Board of Directors member since 2003.

Scott Newton
Personal: 51, married, father of three.

Education: Attended two years at Broward Community College and Tallahassee Community College. No college degree.

Professional: Quality Interiors, a 25-year upholstery shop.

Political: Mayor from 2004 to 2008, councilman and commissioner from 2000 to 2004.

Civic: Planning and zoning from 1992 to 2000; Wilton Manors Board of Adjustment from 1990 to 1992; member of National League of Cities and Florida League of Cities.

Clearly, candidate Carson and Fiore are much more qualified than looooser Newton. Lets see. Did he finish college?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why would someone as Newton with his HUGE EGO want to run for a mere commission seat you ask. Because he wants the health insurance.

Oh, by the way there Scotty boy... Did you win that law suit against the city for you injury due to throwing a snowball??? Wow, thats a a good one. The Wilton Manors cash cow will be closed soon so start looking for that health insurance now. Who knows how much more treatment you will need on that injury... Ha ha ... Thats a good one....

02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Newton has been a cancer in city goverment for years and needs to go down for the 3rd time.Remember 3 strikes and your out SCOTTY, forever!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!! Let's make sure to get out and vote this idiot back to doing nothing more than spending Mommy's money for the rest of his life, which he will probably live out in WM since he knows NOTHING else! It's time for real leadership in this city and that certainly excludes him from the list of possible candidates!

02-04-2009, 06:00 AM
With the latest Island City News reporting that SCOTT NEWTON is suing the City of Wilton Manors for 30,000 in workmans comp you have to know he is dead in the water. Thank you again Steve Kelley for reporting the TRUTH and supporting candidates who really care for the bettermint of Wilton Manors. All SCOTT NEWTON cares about is himself and his biatch little clan of arse suckers which will have no voice after 2/10/09. Hey Scotty R.I.P.the city was much better off when you were a nobody. See you and keep on doing those headliners. You do a very marginal job at best.

02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Well it looks like Steve and his buddies , yea you too guest again, could find themselves in a slander suit soon. Yes Newton hurt himself being active and interacting with citizens and kids as a good public servant would. Yes he hurt himself in doing so. That's what workman's comp is for and he did not sue nor is he suing. We pay nfor workmans comp and they are doing what they are suppose to do, cover medical expenses. Gees, that brings up an interesting challenge for you lawyers. "Can we get workmans comp for hemmoroids?"Ummmm, oh just think, if that works, code inforcement will start filing claims. Steve Kelly, Gary Resnick and then some even with common sense, rather than blaming Scott for everything would think that he couldn't have made some of the misstakes in this city by himself. Gee's I forgot to mention in the group Mr Fiore who claims that we have allowing over growth in our community. Hey Idots, wake up. Resnick was a part of that and even Fiore can stake some claim from issues that were voted for years ago. Then there is the issue of Wilton Drive, parking and the location of city hall. I sup[pose Newton voted that in by himself? Oh and now we have the genious idea of spending money on more crosswalks. Hahahahahahaha, that's going to help? We actually need to hire senior citizens to hold hands and help those cross the street that wouldn't use cross walks even if they were already inplace.

02-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Well it looks like Steve and his buddies , yea you too guest again, could find themselves in a slander suit soon. Yes Newton hurt himself being active and interacting with citizens and kids as a good public servant would. Yes he hurt himself in doing so. That's what workman's comp is for and he did not sue nor is he suing. We pay nfor workmans comp and they are doing what they are suppose to do, cover medical expenses. Gees, that brings up an interesting challenge for you lawyers. "Can we get workmans comp for hemmoroids?"Ummmm, oh just think, if that works, code inforcement will start filing claims. Steve Kelly, Gary Resnick and then some even with common sense, rather than blaming Scott for everything would think that he couldn't have made some of the misstakes in this city by himself. Gee's I forgot to mention in the group Mr Fiore who claims that we have allowing over growth in our community. Hey Idots, wake up. Resnick was a part of that and even Fiore can stake some claim from issues that were voted for years ago. Then there is the issue of Wilton Drive, parking and the location of city hall. I sup[pose Newton voted that in by himself? Oh and now we have the genious idea of spending money on more crosswalks. Hahahahahahaha, that's going to help? We actually need to hire senior citizens to hold hands and help those cross the street that wouldn't use cross walks even if they were already inplace.

Scott Newton has been a cancer since the first day he has been in office. He has no education, oh excuse me he maybe went to the university that teaches you how to put headliners and carpets in vehicles. He probably graduated in the bottom of his class. All he tried to do is bully his way thru city hall on issues that he thought he new all on. but guess what, he knows NOTHING. After a while the rest of the commission saw that and saw he was leading the city and its residents down a very destructive path. Since he has been fired or given the "boot", the city goverment has been much more productive and not prown to bicker at every given chance. Since the NEWTON TUMOR has been removed from the city of wilton manors, it has been a much more productive and happier place to work at.

02-07-2009, 02:45 PM
now hear this, now hear this, calling all Newton fans. His BIATCH is about to speak and set us up with a new plan of action. Appears that she will assign us with potential straights and gay names to call and remind them of who's the true leader who will NOW listen to our requests. Oh, not sure about the lesbians. It is thought that the newton camp has their vote locked in and that they wouldn't sway the vote one way or the other anyway, but if they can get the straights out, newton would win hands down. Are we still the minority around here? Sounds like some trashy bleed over from Ft lauderdale's election. Hello, Straights Newton Fans, oh and the few trader gays, stay home and don't humiliate yourselves for a 3rd time. Don't be missled to believe that just because there are big name candidates signs around, that's just a ploy to get you to the poles. Those elections are in Ft Lauderdale. So, I close with this obviously hard desicion we face. Carson, Fiore? Carson, Fiore? Mr Resnick makes a good point. Let's stay with what is starting to work. GO CARSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Scotty there you go again, avoiding the accusations of Island City News. Sure the ins co is paying the medical you idiot, but what about the lawsuit. In this latest mailout, he doesn't mention or deny any pending lawsuit.

02-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Scotty there you go again, avoiding the accusations of Island City News. Sure the ins co is paying the medical you idiot, but what about the lawsuit. In this latest mailout, he doesn't mention or deny any pending lawsuit.

Cant believe one thing you read in the Island City News, Lawsuits are easy to look up, they are public record....
Why dont you go look....now look hard, cause you wont find anything. There is no law suit you idiot...
I have some cheap property for sell..its swamp land,,,but trust me the ICN says it will be worth lots of money one day....

02-09-2009, 04:07 AM
At least the Island City News has the Gusto to print the truth. For Mr Mayor Scotty Newton throwing a SNOWBALL at a city event, it has cost the city of wilton manors THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS for a injury we all know happend throwing darts at Grannys in a alcohol induced stupor. Thank god he will be out after tuesday. Every employee ( expect the police brass)within the city prays that he will be crushed. And we all know the PBA endorsement of Carson put a dagger in his back. And now he is whinin about the AFL-CIO endorsing Julie, Scott grow up and be a man and face that you are out of city politics FOREVER.

02-09-2009, 05:08 AM

Please let this be over soon. Maybe FINALLY these farewell letters will have meaning. AS Newton has said he will continue to have an active interest in his hometown. I think what he means is that since the city will be moving into this nice brand new building in which he WILL NOT BE A PART OF, I am sure that some of the furniture will be in need of some reupolstering or maybe he can just hem some pants the new Mayor.

GO HOME LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!

02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
hey guys did you see scotty riding around the drive in the green cart service he started? enough enough enough, at Alibi, the chant is on, ENOUGH of Newton!!!!!! Please go away. Our city is in for a big laugh if this guy wins.

02-10-2009, 05:16 AM
hey guys did you see scotty riding around the drive in the green cart service he started? enough enough enough, at Alibi, the chant is on, ENOUGH of Newton!!!!!! Please go away. Our city is in for a big laugh if this guy wins.

Oh Newton in the Green golf carts was a roar. Then he had them draped in the american flag. He will be gone very shortly and that will be a HUGE plus for residents and the business community of wilton manors.

02-11-2009, 02:44 AM
well, he'sssssssssssss backkkkkkkkk. Appears a no name gave him a good fight but in the end, Scotty got the sympathy vote

02-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey Lady and I use that term loosely with you. You should be very happy that your candidate scotty won. Wasn't a popular vote but nevertheless a win. Yes checking on past/ present lawsuits is fairly easy to do, especially when it becomes a way of life. Neighbors kid tell us that there might even be one pending against our high school. Gary, in such a short time you have really found a way to alienate your citizens with this big shot attitude. You turned this election with your support of ICN anti newton articles and stradegy. You fool, he would loose on his own as he demonstrated TWO times in a row, this would have been THREE times in less than 4 months. Well, looking forwqard to the swearing in meeting. Maybe he will give you a big thank you kiss. It's a PROVEN fact that people turned their vote around after reading the low life articles in ICN. PS: Is that same ugly lady going to swear him in? OMG!!! what a scary thought.

07-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Six-Digit Discount
Wilton Manors is strapped for cash, but the city gives a developer a $160,000 discount on fees.
Share By Penn Bullock
Published on June 30, 2009 at 12:33pmwiltonmanors.com

Former Mayor Scott Newton: Did he help grease the skids for Wilton Station developers?On June 10, 2004, at the groundbreaking ceremony for the "planned community" called Wilton Station, city officials from Wilton Manors and real estate developers from the company Ellis Diversified Inc. (EDI) acted like revelers at a wedding, toasting to a prosperous future. The $100 million condo development — a five-building complex of 272 units — was the first major luxury project in the small city, and it would trigger more such developments.

Then-Mayor (now city commissioner) Scott Newton took to the lectern and praised the developers. "I want to thank [them] for helping our city to grow and become a better place to live," he said in a video from the event. "Everything we asked them to do, they went beyond that. If we asked for an inch, they went three inches." To crown the day, the developers and their wives, leaning on shovels in spotless suits and ****tail dresses, posed for a photo in a mud field looking not unlike 19th-century prospectors.

What a difference five years makes. Wilton Station would be completed just as the housing market was peaking. Boom turned to bust. Condo prices dropped 20 to 30 percent in Wilton Station, and dozens of residents were foreclosed. By 2009, the City of Wilton Manors would be scrounging for cash, and a political battle would break out over $375,000 in fees. Developers would accuse city officials of a backroom deal and a broken promise, the mayor would target a rival city commissioner with allegations of corruption, and taxpayers would be left to suffer the mess.

In 2004, around the same time that Wilton Station's units went up for presale and immediately sold out, city engineers determined that a population boom would strain the city's aging sewage system. They would need to replace an antiquated lift station that pumps liquid waste into the main water-treatment facility. To pay for the $1.5 million upgrade, Wilton Manors commissioners in September 2004 considered an ordinance to impose impact fees of $1,600 on every new condo unit in the city. The developers of Wilton Station protested that they had already paid for and received their building permits and shouldn't be slapped with new fees so late in the game. Citing previous court rulings, city officials argued that the law would be on their side should a legal battle ensue. The ordinance passed unanimously over the developers' objections.

As with any condo project, inspectors needed to ensure that the buildings were up to code, then issue a certificate of occupancy (commonly called a "CO") before any residents would be allowed to move in. City Manager Joseph Gallegos explains, "Wilton Station passed inspections, but it needed to pay sewer-impact fees to get its COs." Despite the earlier insistence that those fees shouldn't apply to Wilton Station, EDI in late 2006 obligingly coughed up $73,000 — the impact fee for the first of its five buildings. In return, they received the CO for that building.

Soon afterward, the additional four buildings went up, Wilton Station received COs, and residents moved in. Today, Wilton Station is a cluster of green, orange, and beige monolithic buildings and cobblestone, palm-tree-lined avenues walled off from the world like a religious cloister. Each unit comes with a whirlpool bath. There's a high-tech gym and a cinema. Two waterfalls pour into the swimming pool, where bacchanals regularly occur.

There was just one outstanding matter: Wilton Station had never paid the impact fees — totaling $375,000 — for those last four buildings. In cash-rich 2004, the sum may have seemed like chump change, but in the current economic climate, Wilton Manors is planning to cut services and some departments have cut back to a four-day workweek. What's more, the city is short $1 million for the new sewage lift station. To complete it, the newly elected mayor of Wilton Manors, Gary Resnick, sought grants in Tallahassee. "But the state is broke," he says, "and we were turned down." With money so tight, the question burned: How had Wilton Station's developers received the COs if they had never paid the required six-figure fees?

City Manager Gallegos tells New Times that he had billed Wilton Station since 2007. "We sent letters and made phone calls to the developers notifying them of the missed payments." He says that EDI essentially ignored the bills until the end of 2008, when the company requested building permits for a row of commercial spaces in Wilton Station. The developers were refused because of the unpaid fees, so early this year, they asked that the issue be put on the agenda at a City Commission meeting in hopes of resolving the matter.

When Resnick got wind of the old debts, the issue ballooned from a mere bookkeeping matter into a public political feud. Resnick published a notice in the Town Crier, the city's official newsletter. Wilton Station "never paid all the impact fees it owes our City," Resnick wrote. "Based on the number of units, Wilton Station owed the City approximately $450,000. It paid $73,000 in 2006 but for some reason we are still looking into, never paid the balance prior to obtaining COs. In any event, Wilton Station has now requested the City to waive most of the $375,000 impact fees." He warned his constituents that all of the city's residents may have to pitch in to cover the tab for the sewage lift station.
Published on June 30, 2009 at 12:33pmJim Ellis, founder of EDI, was surprised by Resnick's publicizing the matter and called his account "slanted" as well as "offensive and highly unprofessional." In retaliation, the developers skipped the City Commission meeting. Resnick replied by placing a motion to sue the developers on the next meeting's agenda.

Former Mayor Scott Newton: Did he help grease the skids for Wilton Station developers?Wayne Thies, former head of the Community Services Department, says that it was a "major goof" and "an innocent administrative mess-up" for his staff to issue the COs without first receiving the outstanding revenue. He says former Assistant Director Anne Barnes was responsible for collecting such fees, "but they slipped through this time." Thies and Barnes no longer work for the city.

Three weeks ago, as Wilton Station's developers waited to learn whether they would be slapped with a lawsuit, EDI's Ellis suggested that there was more to the story than a bookkeeping mistake. Speaking in his downtown Fort Lauderdale office, Ellis said, "It's too convenient for the city to say it was an administrative error."

Ellis claims that "city officials and a number of city commissioners" implied that they would allow the fees to go unpaid. The developer says that in 2006, he met with Thies as well as Director of Public Services David Archaki and City Attorney Kerry Ezrol. The three of them acknowledged that the fees "screwed over" the developers, Ellis says. "Everyone there agreed that paying the full set was not appropriate."

Ellis seemed irate that city officials were reneging on this deal now, under new economic restraints and public scrutiny. As for the commissioners who he hinted agreed to overlooked the fees, Ellis thundered that he would name names "only in court." Sounding a deep note of betrayal, he said, "They promised to work with us. We trusted them — multiple people." He threatened that if the city took Wilton Station to court over the fees, "I will make a very, very, very personal issue of this."

If city bureaucrats had indeed agreed to waive fees, it would have been illegal, Mayor Resnick says. "It's in our city code," he affirms. "The only people who can waive or alter a fee are the City Commission." He added that it would be extremely rare even for the commission to waive impact fees.

Meanwhile, Thies, Archaki, and Ezrol all deny ever making any such deal. Thies says that City Commissioner and then-Mayor Newton "had spoken to me on the developers' behalf, but he never, ever influenced me to look the other way and have these things waived." He says Newton instead proposed collecting the fees in installments, making it easier for the developers to pay.

The juicy details of Ellis' accusations may never be publicly aired, because the City Commission eventually decided to compromise rather than take Wilton Station to court. At a meeting on May 26, commissioners Ted Galatis and Newton argued that the cost of litigation would outweigh the recouped fees. There was also the possibility that the city could lose in a court battle. Resnick accused his longtime foe, Newton, of trying to protect the developers because he'd received political contributions from Wilton Station.

Newton exploded in furious gestures. "That's the same crap you've been spreading since this thing started," he said. "I've only received $500 from Wilton Station. That's not enough to buy my vote!"

"More like $6,000," Resnick retorted. (Records show that Newton received $500 from Wilton Station LLC in 2004 but has collected about $6,000 over the years in personal contributions from Wilton Station's developers and their wives. Resnick and Galatis have also accepted contributions from Wilton Station developers over the years.)

At the following commission meeting, on June 9, the tone was much more civilized. By then, attorneys for the city and Wilton Station had hashed out a compromise, which City Manager Gallegos read aloud for a vote. The developers would pay the city $150,000 in cash up-front. Another $66,400 is to be collected on the 40 vacant units in Wilton Station as they sell, yielding a slow trickle of fees to the city.

The compromise passed 4-1. Resnick's was the lone dissenting vote. "I appreciate the movement toward compromise, and I can see both sides," he said somberly. "But with what we have economically facing us and with the cost of the sewage station, we can't afford this."

The settlement spares Wilton Manors a legal battle, but it also gives Wilton Station a $160,000 discount on impact fees. With property tax revenues in Wilton Manors projected to fall 17 percent next year and the new sewage station needed in two to three years, residents — who already pay the highest water bills in Broward County — will apparently have to pick up the difference.

07-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for sharing...Just shows u what an ass Gary Resnick is.....He has to attempt to make others look bad, to take the heat off of him.
He manages to raise $50,000 in contributions from all over the state from lobbyists yet can’t raise 10% of that from his own constituency. Who does he owe now?? I think in the end as the sole dissenter he looks bad because it seems like he was willing to drag the city thru the courts. Guess he doesnt care if it cost the city more money, at least the rest of the commission can stand up for the resident.

07-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for sharing...Just shows u what an ass Gary Resnick is.....He has to attempt to make others look bad, to take the heat off of him.
He manages to raise $50,000 in contributions from all over the state from lobbyists yet can’t raise 10% of that from his own constituency. Who does he owe now?? I think in the end as the sole dissenter he looks bad because it seems like he was willing to drag the city thru the courts. Guess he doesnt care if it cost the city more money, at least the rest of the commission can stand up for the resident.

Sounds like you're discriminating against Gary because of his sexual orientation. Real professional.

07-03-2009, 08:09 PM

Sounds like you're discriminating against Gary because of his sexual orientation. Real professional.

OH PLEASE, STUPITY AND ARROGANCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

07-03-2009, 10:25 PM

There you go. You just admitted what your real agenda is by your smug response. He's stupid and arrogant but oh he just happens to have a sexual orientation you aren't "cool with". Hmmmm what a coincidence.

07-04-2009, 06:27 PM
[quote=Guest]Thanks for sharing...Just shows u what an ass Gary Resnick is.....He has to attempt to make others look bad, to take the heat off of him.

There you go. You just admitted what your real agenda is by your smug response. He's stupid and arrogant but oh he just happens to have a sexual orientation you aren't "cool with". Hmmmm what a coincidence.[/quote:3onr04i4]

You really should talk to someone regarding your mental issues. You have a real problem.

07-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Everybody know FORMER MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON has been shaking down developers and companies doing business with wilton manors for many years. Now it finally comes out in the open. Good. He continues to bully around our spineless city manager joseph gallegos and the city employees. But you know what, he is not going to bully around New Times. Gee I hope the Island City News reprints the entire article like they did with Newtons other thief buddy, FORMER COMMISIONER JOE ANGELO , who resigned in disgrace before his term ended. Yea remember, he suddenly had to leave to take some classes at Harvard ? Yea right. He had to leave and leave quickly to take the heat off him and the Black Elected Officials Organization as both were under criminal investigation ? Funny how that inquiry finished and Joe suddenly comes back to town. Coincidence, I think not. Hey maybe Joe can give Scott some tips on what to do and not do when you are under investigation for official miscounduct. I mean Joe is the veteran and Scott is the rookie in that area. And you got to love Newton's picture in the New Times with that sinister evil smile. Fits him to a tee ! :evil:

Whoever wrote this post is 100% correct. Scott Newton has a tremendous amount of dirt under him along with his big bud Joe " how can I screw a general or PD employee" Angelo. They both deserve what they get, very soon.

07-05-2009, 01:51 PM
You havent been screwed yet, Resnick isnt done with you...trust me. :devil:

07-06-2009, 02:47 PM
gee, sounds like someone is threated by Newton.....poor thing,pityful, you should just worry about Gary. Talking trash about someone else isnt going to take the heat off of Gary. Makes you look pathetic, Everyone knows the truth...Newton is the honest one, Gary is a slimball...and Gary is the ONLY one who is under state investigation. If there was any truth is what you say, tell us who you are insteading of hiding behind this blog. Talk is cheap....

07-07-2009, 03:39 AM
He is as corrupt as any politician in south florida. Actually he is truly number 1. And actually as a LIAR and CHEAT, he has got the Gov. of South Carolina beat, hands down.