PDA

View Full Version : Gangs

08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
What "GANGS" do we have in the Fort Lauderdale area? Can you name them?

08-21-2008, 03:23 AM
We don't really have gangs in Fort Lauderdale. We have want to be gang members, but they aren't well organized and they lack structure. It is mostly kids who identify with the area they live in

08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Re: Gangs

To: Cadet

Cadet,

You have to understand the danger of sharing LEO intelligence on a public site web-board. Anyone has the ability read all of the posts authored on these pages. As far as the police officers know who regularly read and write on these posts, you may be a gang member and want to know if the cops have identified your group yet.

Therefore, I suggest you ask this type of question in person at the police department, especially if you are really an active "cadet" with our agency. Call the tranining sergeant (If you can give me the current training sergeant's initials, I'll make sure you get the information you need to do your job) and identify yourself to him or her in a secured way.

Here is your partial generic answer: YES, we have gangs in Fort Lauderdale. They are located throughout the city and cross all races, cultures and economic backgrounds. There are nationally recognized named gangs (small branches of active members and a LOT of wannabe kids) and there are also groups indigenous to our region.

Remember the word "gangs" is very broad. You must include "drug" gangs, "biker" gangs, and "prison" gangs. We have all of them too.

Hope this helps. I'm waiting to see if you are really a cadet.

Last but not least, you can get a better knowledge of "gangs" by watching the History Channel. They have excellent documentaries right up to 2008. They series is called "GANGLAND" and covers the entire country.

respectfully,

L.T.O.

08-21-2008, 05:10 PM
THX
LTO

I never thought about that. But I feel funny about trying to talk to Sgt. D about something like this so early. I'll wait until I do my inhouse.

THX for the help and not slamming me for asking.

08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Cadet,

You are obviously in the "know" or you know someone who is. You are correct in saying Sgt. "D", however; you are late because Sgt. "D" is now Lt. "D" and there is another training sergeant in the position now.

Either way, I apologize on behalf of the officers who really try to share important and current information on this website. This site is used too much for insulting and slamming when visitors and users ask simple questions. I know you will find the information you want. It is all there, you just have to know where to look and who to ask.

Right now however, focus all of your energy on completing the academy and then FTO. Once you are on the road, you will meet the "gang-conscious" officers and supervisors who will help train you and fill you in on the latest information. Until then, good luck.

L.T.O.

08-23-2008, 02:57 AM
The only gang you need to worry about is the "White Plains Mafia." All the other gangs in South Florida combined don't have anything on them. They should write a book.