PDA

View Full Version : four ten shifts

08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know what the hold up is or when the "official" word is going to come down to go ahead and change our schedules?

Thanks.

08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
no idea yet, keep hearing sept 1st but i think that's out the window now.

08-21-2008, 12:32 PM
We should be on them now. I don't understand what the hold up is. Tallahassee is already on 4-10's, if you don't believe me, try e-mailing one of them on Friday.

I think the hold up is in the retireees that we have as supervisors or the Park Ranger Supervisors that never wanted to become leo's. They are stuck on what "was" is the best and can't change. I am pretty sure we are supposed to be on 4-10's sept. 1st, but is appears our field supervisors, who by the way were the resistence to 10 hour shifts even though that is what their people wanted, have not even come up with a schedule. I believe they are taking the keep your eyes closed approach and maybe someone else will take care of the problem or it will go away on its own. Why would they want to lead.

08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
It is my understanding that we cannot go to the new shift until there is an official email from Tallahassee telling the field supervisors they are allowed to make the change. We also thought that Sept. 1 was the magical date. The newsletter is officially not considered "official".

Could someone is Tallahassee please take care of this?

08-21-2008, 09:36 PM
In our last newsletter, I suggested a target date of September 1, 2008 for the implementation of the new 10-hour shift/flexible workweek plan that we are moving toward. Unfortunately, we have encountered a few delays that will not prove to be insurmountable. Some have expressed concern about how transitioning to such a shift might impact off-duty employment opportunities, so we have had to take a look at options to accommodate both the agency’s needs and those of our members. Your PBA representatives have been very helpful in identifying potential solutions, and we should have a product very soon. Once the implementation plan is finalized on our end, we will have to obtain approval from the PBA before we can proceed. Please bear with us through this process. We will provide you with ample notice when all of the details have been addressed. Thank you for your patience.

Greg Gibson

Assistant Director

DEP Division of Law Enforcement

08-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Thank you AD Gibson for your response, I also saw the e-mail today in reference to this subject. I am glad to see that the off duty aspect of the ten hours is being considered BEFORE the shifts are implemented, rather than an "after the fact" cluster! Please don't let the negative people of this site represent all of us. There are quite a few (dare I say "the majority") of us out in the field that actually appreciate all that has been done with this agency and the direction it is moving.

08-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Thank you AD Gibson for your response, I also saw the e-mail today in reference to this subject. I am glad to see that the off duty aspect of the ten hours is being considered BEFORE the shifts are implemented, rather than an "after the fact" cluster! Please don't let the negative people of this site represent all of us. There are quite a few (dare I say "the majority") of us out in the field that actually appreciate all that has been done with this agency and the direction it is moving.

I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

First off, I have never had any off duty offered to me in my district.

Second, Thanks for all the O.T. this weekend. I got zero.

Third, the 4-10's can be implemented with a stroke of a pen. FHP has done it for years, why can't we get it done? They don't want to get it done.

Do you need any other questions that require thought and not just sucking up?

09-01-2008, 05:14 AM
hey loser, go find your own off duty instead of crying that nobody "offered" you any. and most state agencies aren't getting ot either, so we are not alone. we have command staff that at least gives a rip about us and wants us to be able to work 208,that's why they are waiting for pba to approve the 18 hour shifts. so give them a break before you make your insults. :!:

09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
hey loser, go find your own off duty instead of crying that nobody "offered" you any. and most state agencies aren't getting ot either, so we are not alone. we have command staff that at least gives a rip about us and wants us to be able to work 208,that's why they are waiting for pba to approve the 18 hour shifts. so give them a break before you make your insults. :!:

I comments are not an insult, they are the truth.

Go talk to any FHP Trooper who works the 10 hour shifts. They voted on the shift, and FHP brass made it happen. Simple as that.

As for the off duty, can you find me any off duty to work? I didn't think so. Some of us live in an area where it is not available, and if it is, our agency is the last to get any.

I agree about the brass at DEP caring about us. But the PBA (it is capitalized for your information) has been and is continuing to work with the agency.

Now go and continue sucking that golf ball through the garden hose.

09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Go take a happy pill! Maybe you'll feel better. I bet you would complain if you were on 10 hour shifts and had too much off-duty work. :roll:

09-03-2008, 01:45 AM
some people whine, no matter what. that guy should go to mcdonald's and get a whiny meal with some french cries. :devil:

09-04-2008, 05:57 AM
some people whine, no matter what. that guy should go to mcdonald's and get a whiny meal with some french cries. :devil:

LOOK WHO'S WHINNING, jerry WHO DOESN'T LEAVE HIS HOUSE. I HATE MY CAPTAIN, SHE SUCKS, I CAN DO BETTER, I AM THE REAL COP, I AM SO GLAD WE GOT HER OUT OF HERE "SCOTT", NOW I CAN BE CAPTAIN AND RUN THIS OUT OF MY HOUSE. O, SORRY NO CAPTAIN FOR YOU BUDDY. :devil: :devil: :devil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cop: :cop: :cop:

Harleyrider08
09-05-2008, 10:14 PM
can't we all just get along???? Pleeeeeeeze Go board up your houses, stand in line at the gas station or help a neighbor get ready for the storm...stop the crying

09-06-2008, 10:01 PM
can't we all just get along???? Pleeeeeeeze Go board up your houses, stand in line at the gas station or help a neighbor get ready for the storm...stop the crying

How did that adult get on here?

09-07-2008, 03:15 AM
FHP wishes they were on 10 hour shifts. FWC wishes they could stay on them. According to my sources, DEP is going to be on 10 hour shifts with a decent offduty policy. Where are you getting your info?

09-07-2008, 06:17 AM
FHP wishes they were on 10 hour shifts. FWC wishes they could stay on them. According to my sources, DEP is going to be on 10 hour shifts with a decent offduty policy. Where are you getting your info?

Actually, as a Trooper talking with other Troopers, and reading the FHP board it looks like most want the permanent 8 hr shifts. I want the permanent 10's but that is just me.

03-30-2009, 04:41 AM
YOU MORONS WILL NEVER GET PICKED UP BY FWCC, YOU THINK THEY WILL PICK UP OFFICER'S WITH SO MUCH BAGGAGE AND PROBLEMS IN THERE FILES. THERE WILL BE NO MERGE BUT WHAT WILL PROBOBLY HAPPEN IS YOU ALL WILL BE GIVEN PINK SLIPS OF ASKED TO REAPLY WITH FWCC AND SEE IF YOU ACTUALLY BELONG IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AT ALL. THEN THE LEG. WILL GIVE YOUR BUDGET TO FWCC AND ALL YOUR TOYS THAT YOU'VE BEEN BUYING THIS LAST TWO YEARS JUST TO WASTE THE BUDGET YOU GET. STATE WILL HIRE WAKEN-HUT TO PATROL THE PARKS AND HAVE THEM CALL THE CITIES OR COUNTIES AFFECTED IF PROBLEMS ARRISE, YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING NOW ANYWAYS. GO TO A STATE PARK ON ANY GIVEN WEEKEND, THEY AIN'T NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. NOT EVEN THE RAGERS CAN LOCATE YOU GUYS, YOU DON'T EVEN TAKE THE RAGER RADIO'S WHEN YOU ROLL IN LATE TO THE PARK AND DRIVE AROUND FOR A SHORT WHILE THEN LEAVE TO DO PERSONAL THINGS ON STATE TIME AND GAS. SO THATS THE SCOOP GUYS, SO START YOUR RESUME'S AND START APPLYING ELSEWHERE CUASE CHANGE IS A COMING. ITS TIME THAT THE LEG. OPEN THEIR EYES TO THESE USELESS DEPARTMENT'S THAT JUST SUCK UP TAX PAYER'S MONEY AND DON'T DO SH-TZ.

LOOK IF YOU HAVE ONE OFFICER IN A PARK AND A SITUATION ARISES IF HE IS THERE, HE CALLS FOR BACKUP. THEM COUNTY OR CITY ARRIVES TAKES CARE OF PROBLEM AND HANDLE IT ASWELL CUASE YOU GUYS ARE CLUELESS AND YOUR SUPERVISOR'S ARE TEN THOUSAND MILES AWAY AT HOME OR ON OFF DUTY. THEN WHAT'S YOUR PURPOSE, ANSWER "NONE" YOU SERVE NOTHING. ITS MONEY BEING THROWN IN THE WIND. BETTER POINT, I AM IN THE PARK ABOUT TO GET ROBBED WHO DO I CALL 911 FOR HELP ON MY CELL PHONE, I DONT CALL *FHP OR CALL 411 TO GET THE NUMBER TO YOUR DEPARTMENT. IF I DO THAT I AM ROBBED AND POSSIBLY DEAD, THEN 911 SENDS CITY OR COUNTY THEY CAN'T EVEN CALL YOU GUYS CUASE YOU AREN'T ON THE EMERGENCY RADIO SYSTEM, HOW STUPID IS THAT.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT THE PUBLIC FOUND OUT WHAT YOU DO "NOTHING" AND HOW MUCH YOU COST US TO RIDE A STATE CAR, WEAR A UNIFORM, AND CARRY A GUN TO DO ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

AND THAT'S THE REST OF THE STORY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

P.S THE STATE HAS NO MONEY TO KEEP THE PARKS OPEN FULL TIME, NEW SCHEDULE COMING DOWN CLOSED MONDAY TO THUR'S AND OPEN FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAYS BUT ONLY ON THE BUSY SEASON'S. "WOW"