PDA

View Full Version : tazers?

08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
I was wondering if PCSO deputies had to be tazed in order to carry it. Has anyone ever tazed themselves with it? What would happen if they did? Would they get in trouble?

08-20-2008, 11:44 PM
I use my tazer daily on myself for pleasure! I have not been in trouble because nobody knows.

08-21-2008, 12:30 PM
when they were issued it was voluntary. everyone in my group gave in to peer pressure and took a hit.

every once and a while you get a little taste when wrestling with the person you're using it on.

as for the other part, it is unpleasant to be tazed, or to get caught up in the wires

08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Being tased to understand the effects of it is a voluntary thing. Many of us, including me, have been willing to take a 1-2 second hit, to see how it feels. It's just enough to give you an appreciation for how effective a tool the taser is. I think the taser is the greatest non-lethal weapon we've ever been given. However, as much as I love my taser, I'm not stupid enough to practice on myself. If you know of someone who is tasing themself for fun, you really need to encourage them to seek professional help. They have something wrong with them!

08-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Unfortunately tasing is voluntary :( . It, along with exposure to Chemical Agents, should be a yearly thing at alert/dart. Im not getting into the usual name bashing but I have been in many situations when the taser and chemical agents were used and in a few of those situations I have PERSONALLY observed my back-up ( both men & women ) freak out and let go of the suspect because
the exposure to either is uncomfortable. WELL DUH !!! if being sprayed or tased wasnt uncomfortable, what good would it be. YES its uncomfortable but to let go of a suspect and start panicking is pathetic and unprofessional. This job exposes us to harm & danger and if you're unable to do your job because you dont like the idea that you may get tased or sprayed, you should seriously consider another line of work. Im not saying you should tase or spray yourself on a daily basis to get used to its effect. but IF you get sprayed or tased while fighting a suspect, SUCK IT UP AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS !!!! We can discuss the ACCIDENTAL exposures later. Ive never been intentionally sprayed or tased by a co-worker while fighting a suspect but if it happens, its the price of doing business.

08-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Sorry to disagree with a lot (not all, but most) of your post, but I have to say you're wrong. Getting "intentionally" tased is NOT the price of doing business. It's the price of backing up an idiot. Yeah, once in a blue mood we might get accidentally sprayed or tased...who uses spray anymore?...but it should be a rare slip up. When is the last time you had taser recert? If you recall, you are supposed to yell "TASER", giving your buddies a chance to let go of the suspect. That way the suspect gets tased, not the other deputies. Common sense should tell you it's safer to have deputies helping you who are in full control of their muscles, and not deputies who are distracted by the after effects of taking a hit themselves. It's neither pathetic or unprofessional for another deputy to jump back if some dufus runs in to a mayley, and is stupid enough to tase them along with the suspect. Who's panicing? The deputies who are going hands on with a combative suspect, or the numbnuts who tases them all without concern for who takes the hit? I hope I never have to back you up, buddy.

08-29-2008, 06:38 AM
I tazed my dog for peeing on the floor, my son saw me do it, now they are both house broken