PDA

View Full Version : WTF

08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
31 and 35 read your emails. It is not your car, nor a DUI car. The entire department worked for it, not just you 2.

08-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow....I did not realize that..... I thought I completed the entire challenge myself as well as submitted the challenge portfolio, inputted all the records, received all the extra calls in dispatch......Actually I built the vehicle, and installed all the equipment as well. But thanks for clarifying that it is not my vehicle. I did not realize that until your anonymous posting, which has been so very enlightening to me.

And yes I did say it would be "nice" if it went to the Midnight sergeants...especially since there are 4 assigned to one car.

Also in the future if you want to know what I said please feel free to ask me in person.

Thank you!

08-22-2008, 12:58 AM
No, you only did .25 of what you said, 35 did the other the other .75 of it to win the suv, but it was a good team effort.

08-22-2008, 01:56 AM
I bet if I went back and ran the stats, all the supervisors did the least. When was the last time they went to the jail? So why would you need a car with a cage? This vehicle should go to any officer working on the street and transporting dirtbags to the jail. It should not be used by a sgt so it can be parked in the motorcycle parking all night. And before you cry foul, going out 2 hours a night an running traffic does not count as being an active sgt.

08-22-2008, 03:36 AM
My guess is it will get ants like all the other SUV's that have been on restricted use over the years that could be used for the main and plain thing...university patrol vehicles, they are rarelly used. The motorcycles are a joke too, what have they ever been used for? Another major waste of money, it's a black hole of BS state money wasted, but hey,....it's all donated money, so what makes the difference, like the rest of the BS equipment rarely used.

08-22-2008, 03:56 AM
That new SUV is about worthless really, thousands of dollars down the drain. It is hideously painted, and really can be used for nothing but for Commercial effects (sad). It needs to be totally repainted white and restriped to USF standards. Otherwise park it out by that big tailer in the back. No wait, Domingo could park it at different events on campus, ya.

08-22-2008, 05:05 AM
I bet if I went back and ran the stats, all the supervisors did the least. When was the last time they went to the jail? So why would you need a car with a cage? This vehicle should go to any officer working on the street and transporting dirtbags to the jail. It should not be used by a sgt so it can be parked in the motorcycle parking all night. And before you cry foul, going out 2 hours a night an running traffic does not count as being an active sgt.

No way, 35 sleeps and eats this job, with no time spent at home, so I know those stats aren't right!

08-22-2008, 10:06 AM

You have to remember, you guys are just pawns, used by the supervisors to propel themselves up the chain of command. So get out there and boost those stats.

08-22-2008, 11:35 PM
It is quite obvious that there are two things that people despise.....authority and people succeeding. Before criticizing others ask what you have done for this department lately or at all.

I have spoken to the individuals and neither of them feel or felt that there was any entitlement at all to the new vehicle. As usual certain "individuals" take comments or emails out of context and begin to spin them in a way that makes others look poorly.

It would be nice if members of this agency (not just officers) would just do there job and stop being part of the rumor mill.

stay safe....

08-24-2008, 09:29 PM

You have to remember, you guys are just pawns, used by the supervisors to propel themselves up the chain of command. So get out there and boost those stats.[/quote

OH GEEZ

08-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks Sgt. for the parking permit e-mail. GET A LIFE ! Are you that bored you have to check up on your co-worker's records?

08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Has Lt. Gordon has been reincarnated?

08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks Sgt. for the parking permit e-mail. GET A LIFE ! Are you that bored you have to check up on your co-worker's records?

Wow, stop being lazy and get a permit like the rest of us. I think it's 100% BS that we have to pay to park at USF, but that comes with the job. Stop crying about the cost of them too. Even records and dispatch has to get them, and they all make considerably less then you do.

Should we paint a special spot for you? Maybe put an overhang up so your car does not get wet or dirty? And how about you sart a NEW blog? IF you're too lazy to get a permit I guess that is too much to ask of you too.

08-26-2008, 05:21 PM

Actually I'm very busy, not bored at all. I'm learning more and more about the politics of parking enforcement on campus. A lot of the parking rules come from very high up in the University. When the agreement was made to keep the parking patrollers out of the PD lot, it was with the understanding that everyone would purchase a permit, and that the Police Department would "police" themselves on this issue. Unfortunately you will always have those few who think that it's ok for everyone else to shell out $250.00 for a permit except for them. IAs part of the agreement to keep parking out of the PD lot, I was asked by command staff to provide a list of everyone who has not purchased a permit to avoid the appearance of impropriety. However, I decided to send out personal emails to avoid sending this list. I understand that I will be damned by a few of you for doing my job, but I can't please everyone. I would love to see the day when the Police Department doesn't have to pay for parking out here, however under our current USF administration, that won't happen.

08-26-2008, 05:48 PM
For our $250 can we get someone from parking come out and sweep up the 5 years worth of mulch,mud and leaves that cover our lot? Can we we have it paved?, lines painted? Can we get what we pay for ???????

08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
You need to contact the Grounds Deptartment for the clean up. If you want the stripes repainted, have your logistics officer put in a work request.

08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
HEY FRANK, KICK THIS CRY BABY IN THE POOPER FOR ME :devil:

08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Why don't we hand a broom to our "Community Worker " friends and have them sweep the lot.

Write an email on that will ya :cop:

08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Clean up that lot and add a few more parking spots, that way the Natsi meter maid can add a few more spots to the lot and have more Parking spots and stats to produce! :snicker:

08-29-2008, 12:58 AM
When I use to work at the USF PD, several years ago, the parking patrollers would complain about an officer parking next to buildings along a crub while responding to a call! It use to be really bad on the complaints from the parking services. Sounds like things haven't changed much. The midnight shift always got by with not getting a parking pass, since parking wasn't enforced during the hours the midnight shift worked..., that is unless Lt. Gordon decided to come through the PD lot on a midnight shift on her time off and check for proper parking passes. She had nothing else to do with her life I am sure. The Parking department use to love to run through the PD lot, and loved to ticket HCSO cars that didn't have a sticker, and parked in the lots to go to a class. It's all about the money. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that BS anymore.

08-31-2008, 12:41 AM

No way, 35 sleeps and eats this job, with no time spent at home, so I know those stats aren't right!

Over my 33 years as a police officer, I did the same thing. I slept and ate the job. I made a lot of extra money money working overtime. I never made it to supervisor, but I can attest that working all those hours may have lead to two of my divorces. I am married now for 10 years, with two young children. I am retired, but I want to get back into it. I 55 but I am in better shape than most 25 year olds. I've recently moved to the Brandon area from Ohio, and I am wondering if they are hiring at the University?