PDA

View Full Version : Kissimmee river crew

08-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I heard that there was going to be a position open up on the kissimmee river crew, someone is leaving going to the S.O.. I was wondering if anyone had any info on that crew before i put my transfer request in. please reply if you work or have worked that crew.

08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
I worked there and i would not encourage anyone to go there. the lt is a micro manager. he is so anal that he calls the dispatch center and has the officers times pulled then if they are off by a couple of minutes he will reprimand you. the lt and the captin are the one in the same they are trying to screw over officers and make themselves look good. the lt also thinks that he does not have to patrol anymore he spends almost all of his time at his house with his wife and kids claming that he is doing supervisor duties, but if he catches you cleaning your equipment without a uniform shirt on it's a letter. the lt is so sorry is when we had a airboat sink he did not come out to help recover it he had an officer from lake wales come down and help and he never came to the scene like the GO's require. I am glad that i got out of there. When i left he said i was the worst officer he had ever had, but with my new supervisor i have not got a letter, and can actually enjoy my work.

08-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I wonder if his micro managing comes from having been
burned by people who blatantly worked the system in their
favor.
I'm not saying the last poster did but people before him.

08-19-2008, 02:02 AM
favor.

no he's just a little man with a napolen complex and a 1970's mustache. He has to prove he is a supervisor by threats, instead of being a leader first and getting the respect as a supervisor by leading by example.

08-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Typical od school GFC supervisors! Lead by intimidation. There are actually several still holding on out of the Lakeland Office. Pretty sad, when its that hard to fire POS supervisors, but easier to get rid of officers...Maybe one day there will be supervisor accountability.

08-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I use to be a member of the river crew. I can't even belive someone wants to go to the crew. The supervisor is the biggest anal prick i have ever seen. He is nothing but a coward with a badge. he treats the public like they are crap over a fishing license ticket.he treats his crew like crap. he thinks he is the best supervisor in the state but you should hear what your peers are saying behind your back. All he does is hide behind those bars on his shoulder COWARD!!!! I wish i could find him out of uniform i would beat his a@%. Ken Haddad said that there should not be any mean supervisors and that he would not stand for it, well Ken i guess your word is not worth crap. Because the river crew supervisor is mean and does nothing but make people leave an area that would be great to work. Someone sould call the fraud waste and abuse on this guy all he does is sit at home with his kids and wife and collect a paycheck, claming that he is doing supervisor duties, when he is not in the field giving his men reprimands. this type of supervisor is worse then getting the clap at least you can cure the clap.

08-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Last poster just watch out for his 1970's mustache and all that judo crap he claims to do. WHAT A JOKE!!

08-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I used to work there as well. I would not reccommend it to anyone. This is the only job I have ever wanted to do, and I was so close to walkin away when I worked on the river crew. If you have to go, I wish you luck, but you will be happier workin in any of the surrounding counties. all the above statement are true. if you are on the marsh setting signs and sink a airboat, you are on your own for retreiving it

08-24-2008, 12:24 AM
favor.

No I'm sure it comes from him being treated that way, so now he thinks it is ok because he wears gold. How any times have you been told that is the way its always been. I can't count the times. Maybe K.H. will do as promised and get rid of this herpes sore. The agency would be a better place.

06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
HEARD HE WAS AT IT AGAIN

06-14-2009, 03:32 AM
I totally think you should go to the river crew, you'll love it. Like sticking hot, chopped up red chili peppers into your nether regions. Anybody who has ever worked for that Lt. eventually learned to hate the hostile work environment. I know an Officer who literally got sick from the stress from working for the guy. The Lt. treated him like he a piece of crap, but now that he has transfered, he has been selected for and recieved his regions Officer of the Year nomination twice. Leading by causing fear and intimidation is a sign of insecurity and incompetence.

Do yourself a favor, stay far away from the Land of the Lake office. Nothing good will come of it.

11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I used to work there as well. I would not reccommend it to anyone. This is the only job I have ever wanted to do, and I was so close to walkin away when I worked on the river crew. If you have to go, I wish you luck, but you will be happier workin in any of the surrounding counties. all the above statement are true. if you are on the marsh setting signs and sink a airboat, you are on your own for retreiving it

Don't yall have gator holes down there?

11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
The Lt.s name is Joe Allen. He has personally run off many a good officers. From sitting at home comparing 10-8 and 10-7 times between CAD and time sheets. Micro managing from doing one of the few freedoms we have left in the job, choosing our 10-8 times. He forces his officers to work special areas to further his relationships with landowners who he associates with. He writes his officers up for any little thing so he can hold it over their heads. Well over a dozen or more officers have transferred or quit because of his petty actions.

Tallahassee, please run this clown off because all he does is cost us money! Forget the good ol' boy system for once and run this sawed off little shit.

11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Well JA is at it again he is preaching Running and Gunning to his new officers and harrasing the gereral public. This little turd has been told to quit the harrasment of the public, but still does it. The funny thing about this is that he makes so many arrest for the "crime" but has not gotten one convection in court. The judge laughs at him, because JA can't see that the law states there must be game to make the case if he hears someone running their airboat then the person is guilty of runnin and gunnin. His little side kick M.E. is so bad that he lies and threatens the public into making a sworn statement so that he will issue them a NTA and not take them to jail. M.E. has never won a R&G case. What a joke these to are and tallahassee needs to see this and do something.