PDA

View Full Version : working for DOT

08-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I was thinking about going to work for DOT or FHP. I am a local cop in the Pensacola area. Other than no step plan ( got to love the state lol), what are the pros/cons of working for you guys and FHP? Also, you guys just went to CTS SMARTCOP right? We have been using it for sometime now How do you like it? What are the chances of staying in the Pensacola Area as well? I know you guys hate the recruiting questions but I am a cop and I want to hear it from the guys on the street, not the people in Tally. Anyway, thanks for any response I get and Be safe!

08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I was thinking about going to work for DOT or FHP. I am a local cop in the Pensacola area. Other than no step plan ( got to love the state lol), what are the pros/cons of working for you guys and FHP? Also, you guys just went to CTS SMARTCOP right? We have been using it for sometime now How do you like it? What are the chances of staying in the Pensacola Area as well? I know you guys hate the recruiting questions but I am a cop and I want to hear it from the guys on the street, not the people in Tally. Anyway, thanks for any response I get and Be safe!
Submit your app. but go into it knowing your starting pay will be very close to what you will make in 5-10 years. Your chances of staying in the area are very good. Smartcop works well for what we use it for.

08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Is there enough off-duty/overtime to balance the low pay? And how does the FTO program work? Thanks again!

dieselcop
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Well, you are going to get that lousy pay, no merit raises, because no supervisor has the balls to put in the paperwork, 24 hours of OT per pay period with DOT and I think FHP is allowed more OT. Oh, and you are not tied down to the radio. I personally do not like the new version of SMARTCOP. The original version was more user friendly and they added UTC's to the new version. I can write a UTC much faster than typing one.

In addition, with us, you will find management types that have no leadership and interpersonal skills and some that should not be in a supervisory position; they're just not qualified. The only thing they worry about are the numbers. They are not concerned about morale and welfare of individual officers. There, you have it in a nutshell.

08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey Dieselcop, I have finally figured it out. Why don't you promote and fix all of the problems. You seem to have an answer for everything but yet you stay right where you are. You have to be so miserable. Why don't you just move on. Or better yet, get a hobby. How much longer before Mrs. Dieselcop starts posting with her displeasure about everything. We haven't heard from her in a few years. Later Viper, um, uh, I mean Dieselcop.

08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Bet he has tried to promote but can't pass the test.

08-21-2008, 12:21 AM
guesWhat a miserable life. I can't stand to be around people like that. All they do is try and make everyone else as miserable as they are. You know the "misery loves company" thing.

08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I really hate writing into these forums, but I can't pass this one up.....I noticed that Dieselcop wrote on a post above that he could write a UTC faster than he could type one. I just have to giggle, as much as he types on these forum pages he should be able type like a professional secretary. I find it hard to believe he can write faster than he types. HAHAHAHAHA!!

Dieselcop, I'm not picking a fight with you, just getting a little laugh. :D :cop:

dieselcop
08-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Just stating the facts, gentlemen. Apparently, some of you think that it's all peaches and cream working with this agency or any other state agency. I just call them the way I see them.

dieselcop
08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
guesWhat a miserable life. I can't stand to be around people like that. All they do is try and make everyone else as miserable as they are. You know the "misery loves company" thing.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive. Stop being philosophical.

dieselcop
08-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Dieselcop, I have finally figured it out. Why don't you promote and fix all of the problems. You seem to have an answer for everything but yet you stay right where you are. You have to be so miserable. Why don't you just move on. Or better yet, get a hobby. How much longer before Mrs. Dieselcop starts posting with her displeasure about everything. We haven't heard from her in a few years. Later Viper, um, uh, I mean Dieselcop.

So, a lousy salary is ok with you? Hmm, management types that have no leadership and interpersonal skills. I guess that's ok with you, too? So, what's the big deal?

08-22-2008, 03:25 AM
I like dieselcop. He tells it how it is!