PDA

View Full Version : fAY

08-17-2008, 08:32 PM
HOW ABOUT FOLLOWING THE GENERAL ORDERS AND PLACING OFFICERS ON STAND BY, OR GIVING THEM A TIME TO REPORT WHEN A HURRICANE IS GOING TO HIT. I WAS HARRASED BY MY SGT ALL WEEKEND LONG, AM I GONNA GET PAID OT FOR THAT?

08-18-2008, 02:11 AM
HOW ABOUT FOLLOWING THE GENERAL ORDERS AND PLACING OFFICERS ON STAND BY, OR GIVING THEM A TIME TO REPORT WHEN A HURRICANE IS GOING TO HIT. I WAS HARRASED BY MY SGT ALL WEEKEND LONG, AM I GONNA GET PAID OT FOR THAT? We are always on standby. No Sgt. should harass anyone.

08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
HOW ABOUT FOLLOWING THE GENERAL ORDERS AND PLACING OFFICERS ON STAND BY, OR GIVING THEM A TIME TO REPORT WHEN A HURRICANE IS GOING TO HIT. I WAS HARRASED BY MY SGT ALL WEEKEND LONG, AM I GONNA GET PAID OT FOR THAT? We are always on standby. No Sgt. should harass anyone. Sgt's are not to harass officers, they should keep them informed on all issues and should take reports and backup officers. If they are not doing this Will should know, he listens and take care of this issue. Everyone should work as a team.

08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Telling the little children to get their rain coats and BDUs ready is not harassing it is called ensuring that your people are prepared.

08-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Telling the little children to get their rain coats and BDUs ready is not harassing it is called ensuring that your people are prepared.

I think everyone knows what needs to be done. People don't need phone calls to remind them of BDUs and raingear. If you need to call "your people" to remind them how to dress then you shouldn't be a sergeant.

08-20-2008, 01:26 AM
HOW ABOUT FOLLOWING THE GENERAL ORDERS AND PLACING OFFICERS ON STAND BY, OR GIVING THEM A TIME TO REPORT WHEN A HURRICANE IS GOING TO HIT. I WAS HARRASED BY MY SGT ALL WEEKEND LONG, AM I GONNA GET PAID OT FOR THAT?

Yeah but you enjoy that 35-45 dollars an hour

08-20-2008, 07:43 AM

I think everyone knows what needs to be done. People don't need phone calls to remind them of BDUs and raingear. If you need to call "your people" to remind them how to dress then you shouldn't be a sergeant.

If you are the Officer that is being called and reminded how to dress, then you shouldn't be an Officer!

08-20-2008, 02:42 PM

If you are the Officer that is being called and reminded how to dress, then you shouldn't be an Officer! THEN IF YOU ARE THE SGT THAT KEEPS CALLING THE OFFICER YOU SHOULD NOT BE A SUPERVISOR, BECAUSE THE OFFICER STILL HAS TO BE TOLD. I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THESE POST, WE NEED TO BE MORE PROFESSIONAL AND ALWAYS HELP EACH OTHER. OFFICERS , IF YOU ARE BEING HARASSED OR HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN YOUR SUPERVISOR, GET A MEMO TO WILL THERE WILL BE NO RETALIATION. WILL NEEDS TO KNOW THESE ISSUES. THERE ARE SOME SGT'S THAT ARE NOT EDUCATED AND DON'T KNOW THEIR JOB, SO THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING, BUT BLAME OTHERS. THEY PUT THE ATTENTION ON OTHERS, SO YOU NEED TO REVERSE IT TOWARD THEM IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

08-20-2008, 04:09 PM

If you are the Officer that is being called and reminded how to dress, then you shouldn't be an Officer! THEN IF YOU ARE THE SGT THAT KEEPS CALLING THE OFFICER YOU SHOULD NOT BE A SUPERVISOR, BECAUSE THE OFFICER STILL HAS TO BE TOLD. I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THESE POST, WE NEED TO BE MORE PROFESSIONAL AND ALWAYS HELP EACH OTHER. OFFICERS , IF YOU ARE BEING HARASSED OR HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN YOUR SUPERVISOR, GET A MEMO TO WILL THERE WILL BE NO RETALIATION. WILL NEEDS TO KNOW THESE ISSUES. THERE ARE SOME SGT'S THAT ARE NOT EDUCATED AND DON'T KNOW THEIR JOB, SO THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING, BUT BLAME OTHERS. THEY PUT THE ATTENTION ON OTHERS, SO YOU NEED TO REVERSE IT TOWARD THEM IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

Do any of you know what you are talking about? No one is always right, Officer or Supervisor. It takes team work for a department to work in an upstanding and professional maner. Guest 101, look at the end of your first sentence, "Beacause the Officer still has to be told." Maybe that Officer just doesn't get it and has to be reminded several times. What some see as harassment others might see as guidance. If you are having problems with your immediate supervisor, talk to them about it. If that does not work, go to the Lieutenant, then to the Captain, its called the Chain of Command. You just don't "Get a memo to Will." Also, he has a title that deserves respect, written or spoken, its Chief Latchford! We always point out the faults of others before we admit our own! :?

08-20-2008, 09:12 PM

If you are the Officer that is being called and reminded how to dress, then you shouldn't be an Officer!

I'm not the officer that is being harrassed by the sergeant. That wouldn't happen to me. If that officer wasn't being called to duty then there is no reason for the sergeant to be calling him in the first place.

08-21-2008, 05:46 PM
FIGHTING ONLINE ABOUT SGTS PASSING DOWN INFO AND PREPARING THEIR TROOPS FOR DEPLOYMENT. WHY DONT WE ALL JUST GO EAT PANCAKES TOGETHER. VOTE YES ON AMENDMENT 2