PDA

View Full Version : candles tick maker

08-16-2008, 07:21 PM
If folks want to remain anonymous on the other site it should not be that big of a deal. One tends to forget that this agency is very vindictive. Just like if the deputy who asked lieutenants and above to do deputy refresher, the deputy who did not appreciate the physical agility test, and the issue of discipline...it is better sometimes to remain anonymous.

08-17-2008, 02:43 AM
If folks want to remain anonymous on the other site it should not be that big of a deal. One tends to forget that this agency is very vindictive. Just like if the deputy who asked lieutenants and above to do deputy refresher, the deputy who did not appreciate the physical agility test, and the issue of discipline...it is better sometimes to remain anonymous.

One should have the balls to say who he/she is when he/she says it. That's half the problem around here, nobody has any balls. The deputies kiss the publics tail and are scared to death of brass. Get over it. Speak up with conviction or keep your mouth shut and don't hide behind the computer!

08-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Would one of you like to fill the rest of us in. Where did this come from and what are you talking about?

08-17-2008, 03:11 PM
I see how you had the courage to sign your name to the post. It is one thing to sign your name to a bunch of pointless ramblings about how screwed up our union is. That is public record that they are pathetic. It is another to sign your name about how messed up the brass is. Do that and sign your name. Then we will be impressed.

08-17-2008, 07:15 PM
I see how you had the courage to sign your name to the post. It is one thing to sign your name to a bunch of pointless ramblings about how screwed up our union is. That is public record that they are pathetic. It is another to sign your name about how messed up the brass is. Do that and sign your name. Then we will be impressed.

ouch....somebody got told.

08-17-2008, 11:12 PM

My name is on every post on the other site. You know, the one we are talking about!

08-17-2008, 11:13 PM

As did you?!?

08-18-2008, 02:54 AM

My name is on every post on the other site. You know, the one we are talking about!

I am impressed. I see that nothing is mentioned about the brass or anything else. Just complaints about the unions and how people were submitting posts anonymously. The other site is almost like our union meetings. 2 hours of nothing being accomplished. That site has focused on posting signs and why people post anonymously. Nothing else. At least here there is some flexibility to make observations without offending anybody's feelings. And whenever the subject matter turns to leadership and brass...be sure to mention your name. You could even start the ball rolling.

08-18-2008, 02:57 AM

As did you?!?

I am not the hero who stated I sign my name to everything. I have signed my name enough on the other site about how worthless our union is.

08-20-2008, 01:18 AM

As did you?!?

I am not the hero who stated I sign my name to everything. I have signed my name enough on the other site about how worthless our union is.

You should be proud of yourself.

08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the sincere compliment.

08-21-2008, 12:52 AM

As did you?!?

You should be proud of yourself.

Are you a union representative or what?

08-21-2008, 02:28 PM

You must be a Deltona deputy.

08-21-2008, 04:18 PM

Deltona rules!! We set the standards for the other deputies to follow! They make Courthouse deputies and District 2,3,5 and 6 deputies for those that cannot measure up to Deltona!

08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
You'll make a great police officer for Deltona PD! Try working where you have no backup and you have to handle you call by yourself. Stick to being a city cop where you're safe!

08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Do you really think the Deputies in Deltona want to be there? I think not...

And while there may be some lazy deputies everywhere, the work load is in Deltona is my last concern.

08-26-2008, 03:01 AM

Deltona rules!! We set the standards for the other deputies to follow! They make Courthouse deputies and District 2,3,5 and 6 deputies for those that cannot measure up to Deltona!

You've got to be kidding me. You all trip all over yourselves going to calls. Your radio procedure is horrible and most of you have no experience. Don't get me wrong, you are still deputies, but don't begin to tell any of us that you set the standards to follow. The hardest working deputies are in district two. No, I do not work in district two. But without question, they are the busiest district per deputy. The have the largest area to cover and the have violent crimes. If you really think you set the standards for us to follow, I don't ever want to work side by side with you. The deputies there are young and inexperienced, for the most part. We have many quality deputies in Deltona, but as a whole, Deltona sets no standards.

08-26-2008, 11:50 AM

You've got to be kidding me. You all trip all over yourselves going to calls. Your radio procedure is horrible and most of you have no experience. Don't get me wrong, you are still deputies, but don't begin to tell any of us that you set the standards to follow. The hardest working deputies are in district two. No, I do not work in district two. But without question, they are the busiest district per deputy. The have the largest area to cover and the have violent crimes. If you really think you set the standards for us to follow, I don't ever want to work side by side with you. The deputies there are young and inexperienced, for the most part. We have many quality deputies in Deltona, but as a whole, Deltona sets no standards.

But Deltona deputies certainly know how to take reports, get back 10-8, take more reports, go to more calls, do nothing proactive and still manage to get written up all the time over petty crap. The supervision in Deltona is constantly working against the deputies and searching (YES searching) for discipline they can dish out.

The level of micro-management is out of control! Examples: Prohibiting deputies from coming out of their zones, permission to go to lunch from the Sgt, no two ajoining zones may go to lunch together, no two zones on the same side of the city (east or west) may go to lunch together, patrol deputies may not go to certain restaurants in Orange City, being pulled from lunch for a non-priority call just because it's in your zone, dont write reports at the scene, don't log out on extra patrol to write reports, be 10-8 in your zone 15 minutes prior to your shift (but don't clock in), come in service from your investigation to take a noise complaint call, all supplements must include dates and times of attempted contacts, etc etc etc etc etc.

08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
That does sound like there is quite a bit of unnecessary management occuring. And there probably is no relief in sight.

08-31-2008, 10:42 PM
For any new deputy fresh out of FTO they stand the highest chances of going straight to DLT. As a dispatcher every ending FTO class makes it hell to work that radio bc units key up not knowing their unit ID's, with out knowing where they are, their 10-codes (that they still try to use), or what the signals mean. On top of that the map of DLT looks like someone dropped a plate of spagetti making it hard to get around if you aren't already familar. While there are afew people who thrive for that sort of chaos and perform well under pressure, most don't willingly chose to be there and become a safety concern. DLT is more of a right of passage. By the time you retire you hope to be chillin in D5

08-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Such a good post. Everybody dreams of escaping to the east side of the county.

09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
For any new deputy fresh out of FTO they stand the highest chances of going straight to DLT. As a dispatcher every ending FTO class makes it hell to work that radio bc units key up not knowing their unit ID's, with out knowing where they are, their 10-codes (that they still try to use), or what the signals mean. On top of that the map of DLT looks like someone dropped a plate of spagetti making it hard to get around if you aren't already familar. While there are afew people who thrive for that sort of chaos and perform well under pressure, most don't willingly chose to be there and become a safety concern. DLT is more of a right of passage. By the time you retire you hope to be chillin in D5

Deltona certainly has it fair share of obsticles to overcome, and I agree it is a sort of 'right of passage' for VCSO deputies. But that is not what makes it such a dreadful and unpleseant place to work. Through several years, knowing many LEO's (from the top down and bottom up), from many different agenices - I have NEVER seen or heard of an agency that willingly creates such disgruntled employees. So much of the problem is caused by the issues already pointed out in other posts here.

09-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Good point. Let's keep everybody disgruntled. And I know I am living in a fairy tale land...but I would love one of these days to see (or hear) somebody from the 4th floor stand with us and do something about this contract issue. They can pick a battle (tobacco, Physical agility test, step plan, merit raises, off duty driving, anything). Just show us that you understand our situation.