PDA

View Full Version : Just got offer from SO

08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
So I just talked to the recruiter from my old agency and told him about the cluster#@!* over here at FDLE. Said I could have my old job back and keep my seniority. Thing is I have to make a decision soon. Just wanted to see what people on this board thought. I am still on probation at FDLE.

08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I would probably recommend taking it. It looks like the writing is on the wall plus you probably will get back on a step plan I'm assuming

08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
What?........You have to be out of your mind to stay here. I have been a FDLE agent for many years and thought that FDLE was the most proactive, and professional agency in the United States. I am so wrong. As a agent in Miami, I can tell you that the ship is sinking...................

08-15-2008, 12:17 AM
So I just talked to the recruiter from my old agency and told him about the cluster#@!* over here at FDLE. Said I could have my old job back and keep my seniority. Thing is I have to make a decision soon. Just wanted to see what people on this board thought. I am still on probation at FDLE.

Only you can make that decision for you and your family. Seniority is especially valuable now but I would get something in writing before making that move. With the economy tanking, I don't see how any employers can make promises. Wish you the best of luck, brother.

08-15-2008, 01:24 AM
As a new employee, I too was compelled to speak with my previous agency about getting my old job back. I can get my seniority back and they have a step plan. At this point, I'm just wondering when they are going to implement the layoffs.

08-16-2008, 12:06 AM
I posed this very question to a "leader" in Tallahassee, asking it from the standpoint of a newly hired agent (within last 2 years). He advised that you should take the offer. It's a sure thing. Working here at FDLE is not a sure thing. Go back to your old agency where they probably have plenty of OT, probably have a step plan, and you can probably sleep at night knowing that you have some job security. Good luck. I feel for the new people

08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Based on what I hear is going to be announced this coming week, I would take the offer.

08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Based on what I hear is going to be announced this coming week, I would take the offer.

Easy comment-----What is being announced this coming week? If you have credible information, share-----

08-17-2008, 02:47 AM
may I ask why you left a SO to come to work for this crappy state??

08-17-2008, 12:18 PM

Easy comment-----What is being announced this coming week? If you have credible information, share-----

I've asked a lot of people and no one knew when they would be announcing layoffs... Do have anymore info on this??

08-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I was told that a decision would be made this coming week. I was not told what the decision would be.