PDA

View Full Version : City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere

NewsHound
08-13-2008, 10:49 PM
The city is considering offering up to four police officers discounts for living in refurbished condominiums in the Windemere neighborhood.

The city's Housing Authority board authorized staff Tuesday to develop the rental program.

As early as next month, police would live for two years in one of 30 condos the authority owns. The goal: to deter illegal drug sales and other crimes at Windemere, a community of low-income renters southeast of Northwest 19th Street and Northwest 55th Avenue.

The authority and the city have been renovating dozens of properties they bought in and around Windemere in recent years. Because condos normally would rent for about $1,000 a month, officers would save about $18,000. They would pay no rent the first year and about $500 a month the second year.

Source (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flb3bdig08132sbaug13,0,4223226.story)

08-14-2008, 03:48 AM
Are you on F@#king on CRACK!!! Whatever cop lives there is a total dirtbag !!

08-14-2008, 07:07 AM
LOL. NOT EVEN OUR GUYS ARE THAT DUMB.

Whoever may be dumb enough.

# 1 say goodbye to your personal car as the friendly residents are going to destroy it and then steal it. Then your marked units gonna sponteniously expode the next day.

# 2 Your pretty little windermere house is going to be burglarized every time that marked car is not in the driveway. WOW, an alarm system. Riiiiight, because that deters them. lol

# 3 If your single, its a great way impress your girl by bringing her into the box.

# 4 make sure you pre-issue 41-10 and agg. 31 case numbers to all of your friends and relatives that are dumb enough to visit your dumb$$

# 5 The locals shouldnt be banging down your door too often because of baby mama drama.

# 6 Theres an appealing little shopping mart right behind your house.

# 7 Those arent fireworks being fired at your house at night

# 8 Skumanich is your neighbor

# 9 Your other neighbor is on probation for battery LEO or somthing like that

.........................enjoy your stay! :devil:

08-14-2008, 07:08 AM
LOL. NOT EVEN OUR GUYS ARE THAT DUMB.

Whoever may be dumb enough.

# 1 say goodbye to your personal car as the friendly residents are going to destroy it and then steal it. Then your marked units gonna sponteniously expode the next day.

# 2 Your pretty little windermere house is going to be burglarized every time that marked car is not in the driveway. WOW, an alarm system. Riiiiight, because that deters them. lol

# 3 If your single, its a great way impress your girl by bringing her into the box.

# 4 make sure you pre-issue 41-10 and agg. 31 case numbers to all of your friends and relatives that are dumb enough to visit your dumb$$

# 5 The locals shouldnt be banging down your door too often because of baby mama drama.

# 6 Theres an appealing little shopping mart right behind your house.

# 7 Those arent fireworks being fired at your house at night

# 8 Skumanich is your neighbor

# 9 Your other neighbor is on probation for battery LEO or somthing like that

.........................enjoy your stay! :devil:

08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
whoever is stupid enough to take this officer deserves whatever comes their way

08-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Hmmm I have an idea, Faranda how about you move in to one so you can run the city more efficiently. Maybe you would appreciate us more because we would have to respond to your apartment every 5 minutes. We are tired of being made to feel worthless by you. We are not the low class slaves you think we are.

08-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Hmmm I have an idea, Faranda how about you move in to one so you can run the city more efficiently. Maybe you would appreciate us more because we would have to respond to your apartment every 5 minutes. We are tired of being made to feel worthless by you. We are not the low class slaves you think we are.

Stop with the drama as this is a big business and we are workers in the business. I am sure you idiot that Mr. Faranda goes home every night planning on how to make the police department suffer. If you feel like a slave take your fat azz to another department and get a job. Please stop posting this stupid crap during the contract negotiation as I along with others need a pay increase and not a pissed off City Manager. Really they need to put you on Administrative Leave for being stupid.

08-15-2008, 04:40 AM
Honestly, On paper, this sounds like a decent idea. Cops in the area to deter crime. A good idea to a civilian that is.

Dear Administration,

Are you serious? Your putting four cops in this crime ridden area and then you want to make it their area of responsability? Do you want a police funeral. Your going to get a cop killed. Your asking for the officers to take enforcement action in the immediate area of where they live???????? :shock: You think these people are really afraid of us?? For freak sake, they just burglarized a marked police vehicle in the middle of the day in a congested apartment compex while the uniformed officer was on a call! They dont see us! They dont fear us! Thats because cops don't do their jobs anymore the way they should. You people (admin) are firing all of our cops, putting them on admin leave thus destroying their lives for what??? Thats why your cops dont take picture of 13ps. Thats why your cops dont arrest anyone. Thats why your cops conduct crappy investigations. Its because our own department doesn't have our back. We are terrified of you people (admin). You go out with someone, they fight, they complain,you (admin) entertain it and suddenly the cops fighting for his job. I think not.

Back to the orginal post, I think this is a big mistake and a major safety issue with putting cops in this area and then making them patrol it. Its one thing just to ask for them to live there for free. But to make them arrest people in this area in an effort to clean it up. Its a suicide mission. I'm not scrared of the hood, i'm just not stupid.

For those of you that accept this offer, dont cry when your house gets hit and your car gets stolen. And make sure your wearing your vest while shopping at that beautiful publix.

08-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Stop with the drama as this is a big business and we are workers in the business. I am sure you idiot that Mr. Faranda goes home every night planning on how to make the police department suffer. If you feel like a slave take your fat azz to another department and get a job. Please stop posting this stupid crap during the contract negotiation as I along with others need a pay increase and not a pissed off City Manager. Really they need to put you on Administrative Leave for being stupid.What does it matter to you, not like you are a cop or anything. Sounds like you work for the city manager. If you are a cop, then you must not work on the road and you get a boat load of OT.

08-16-2008, 11:42 PM
IF anyone is down on their luck and that desperate that they think they have to move into the box then let me know. You'll be better off living in my garage

08-18-2008, 07:45 PM
We as the residents of the area are looking forward to a Police Officer moving into the neighborhood. We have put together a welcome basket for the Officer. So far we have the following:

Chore Boy
Push rods
Clear small plastic Ziploc baggies (For your button collection)
New Oster digital scale
One complete set of "PINK" Pyrex for cooking "Cookies"
New scissors for trimming small plants
Plastic gun replica for doing stick ups on your neighbors
Brand new oversized chain for the Pitbull puppy you are required to own
One pack of 5XL white T-shirts from the Hodgie store on the corner
One pack of new Due-rags
One pack of purple hair extentions for the Ms's (A.K.A Baby Mamma)
Brand new set of milk crate patio furniture with shopping cart option included
One used broken down car to park in front of your new apartment to sit on at night to watch your fellow officers at work
One new whip (No light, with platic bag on seat for rain protection)
One pair of oversized ****ie shorts to hang around your butt (Belt included)
One case of Ramen noodles
One case of WIC issued baby formula
One suspended D/L
One burglary kit (for breaking into Marked Police Cars)
One Metro PCS cell phone (In someone elses name on account fraudulently)
Adam Willsons business card (just kidding Adam I love ya)
One pair of bedroom slippers to wear outside (Foot dragging option included)
One complete search warrant service packet (dates to be filled in at a later time)
One pack of untaxed cigarettes (broken into singles to sell at marked up prices)
One case of Black and Milds (Vanilla flavored)
One six pack of Natural Ice Beer (Natty Ice)

If I have left anything out, please let me know as we want your welcome basket to be complete.

08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Man, that was one of the funnest things that I have ever read!!! But you seriously have way to much time on your hands.........

08-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Its bad enough having to work in this dump 12 hours a day. Now you want us to wake up to the site of the box?????

Not only is this a major safety issue, but dang, its downright stupid. Good luck to whoever takes this offer

08-19-2008, 04:17 AM
You forgot to add the following to the welcome basket

One Active Capias
One Restraining Order (Served)
One altered Temp. tag (With EXTRA white out on the month)
Two 22 inch rims (The other two are on lay-a-way). Screw it put them on and drive until you get the other two.
20 Gallons of "Lime Green" paint given to you by the City of Lauderhill for the exterior of your new house (Neighborhood beautification project. Thanks Mr. Faranda)
One concrete brick (So your Baby Mama has something to throw thru your car window
A "SMOOVER" (A.K.A an Iron)
Adam Willsons Cell number (Still love ya Adam)
One set of "REMOVABLE" gold teeth (See Swap Shop)
Hot glue for the aforementioned hair extentions/weave
One case of utter contempt for the Police (See neighbors)
Gift Certificate for "Tint World" for red colored tint job for car

08-19-2008, 04:21 AM
You forgot to add the following to the welcome basket

One Active Capias
One Restraining Order (Served)
One altered Temp. tag (With EXTRA white out on the month)
Two 22 inch rims (The other two are on lay-a-way). Screw it put them on and drive until you get the other two.
20 Gallons of "Lime Green" paint given to you by the City of Lauderhill for the exterior of your new house (Neighborhood beautification project. Thanks Mr. Faranda)
One concrete brick (So your Baby Mama has something to throw thru your car window
A "SMOOVER" (A.K.A an Iron)
Adam Willsons Cell number (Still love ya Adam)
One set of "REMOVABLE" gold teeth (See Swap Shop)
Hot glue for the aforementioned hair extentions/weave
One case of utter contempt for the Police (See neighbors)
Gift Certificate for "Tint World" for red colored tint job for car

08-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Its bad enough having to work in this dump 12 hours a day. Now you want us to wake up to the site of the box?????

Not only is this a major safety issue, but dang, its downright stupid. Good luck to whoever takes this offer

Maybe it won't be such a dump if we do....what ya call it....oh Patrolling.....

08-20-2008, 09:08 AM
What do you think we have been doing.

That was such a stupid answer you must either not work here and are a civilian. In that case GO AWAY!.
Or you work here and are a total idiot. In that case "Welcome to your new home". Dont forget your welcome basket. We threw it thru your front window to get things off to a typical start.

08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
patrolling? are you an idiot. You cant be a cop for us. Go do yourself a favor and go log onto the florida department of corrections website. Type in some names of the players that lived back in this area. They are all in prison. Just so happens that other idiots move right in and take over business.

Go away idiot

08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
What do you think we have been doing.

That was such a stupid answer you must either not work here and are a civilian. In that case GO AWAY!.
Or you work here and are a total idiot. In that case "Welcome to your new home". Dont forget your welcome basket. We threw it thru your front window to get things off to a typical start.

News flash....I work here, however, the difference is a mature person handles problems different than the immature --that would be u. So the moral of the story is if you are so unhappy taking a bi-wkly check from this "dump" why don't you go work for Boca or someplace. I have a good idea why ---ah competency might be one reason!

08-21-2008, 03:56 AM
OK well then you showed me. Go ahead and take that "FREE" apartment. And while your doing that double check the latest Policy and Procedure disc. Check the section that covers "Accepting gratuities" and let me know if your new digs fit the definition. Its funny how the department (and those in it) only enforce the rules they think are important.

My question is this. Would the "Adverage person" have the same break on rent as these Officers. Exactly. For your slower kids in the class the correct answer is NO and thats why its morally wrong to accept it.

There I go again thinking the department should be acting "Moral". Silly me.

When was the last time you saw the department make a "Morally responsible" decision.

08-21-2008, 06:49 AM
OK well then you showed me. Go ahead and take that "FREE" apartment. And while your doing that double check the latest Policy and Procedure disc. Check the section that covers "Accepting gratuities" and let me know if your new digs fit the definition. Its funny how the department (and those in it) only enforce the rules they think are important.

My question is this. Would the "Adverage person" have the same break on rent as these Officers. Exactly. For your slower kids in the class the correct answer is NO and thats why its morally wrong to accept it.

When was the last time you saw the department make a "Morally responsible" decision.

Dude, know your policies before you come on here with that drama. Accepting gratuities? The apartments are owned by the City of Lauderhill. They can do what they want with it. Its not a gratuitiy under policy. The city opted to hand you a free apartment provided that you sign the two year contract. After the second year, your rent is around 500/month. A gratuitiy is when a business or homeowner says, "Hey, your cop so live here for free."

Know what your talking about.......

08-21-2008, 06:50 AM

08-22-2008, 05:39 PM

Dude, know your policies before you come on here with that drama. Accepting gratuities? The apartments are owned by the City of Lauderhill. They can do what they want with it. Its not a gratuitiy under policy. The city opted to hand you a free apartment provided that you sign the two year contract. After the second year, your rent is around 500/month. A gratuitiy is when a business or homeowner says, "Hey, your cop so live here for free."

Know what your talking about.......Just an outsider looking in but explain the difference between a business giving away something free and the city doing same?

08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Outsiders go AWAY they have cooties and opinions

08-23-2008, 06:07 AM
oh, your an outsider...that explains it.

Allow me to clear things up for you. I'll even give you an example:

Have you ever watched those car commercials where car dealers give you deals like, "Buy now and no payments for a whole year!" Or, free gas for 20,000 miles. You ever see those? Well, thats the exact same thing here. The only difference is that the city chose to only lease to city police officers. The cops are getting free rent for a year and then have to pay 500/month the following year. The city can pick and choose who they lease their property out to as can other private landlords.

But if it makes you feel any better, none of the 125 Lauderhill cops have taken the city up on this crappy offer.

Any other questions Mr. Outsider?

08-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Hey outsider. If this pisses you off and you feel left out then go the LPD, pick up an app, get hired, complete the academy, pass the state certification test, pass FTO, pass probation and you too can be the proud owner of a free apartment in the ghetto. Until then, go away! :evil:

08-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Does the officers race have to "reflect" the community. I know thats a new trend in the Department. If so then is that a form of discrimination?

08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I have a silly question, what does this:
Hey outsider. If this pisses you off and you feel left out then go the LPD, pick up an app, get hired, complete the academy, pass the state certification test, pass FTO, pass probation and you too can be the proud owner of a free apartment in the ghetto. Until then, go away!
Hey outsider. If this pisses you off and you feel left out then go the LPD, pick up an app, get hired, complete the academy, pass the state certification test, pass FTO, pass probation and you too can be the proud owner of a free apartment in the ghetto. Until then, go away! :evil:
and this:

Have you ever watched those car commercials where car dealers give you deals like, "Buy now and no payments for a whole year!" Or, free gas for 20,000 miles. You ever see those? Well, thats the exact same thing here. The only difference is that the city chose to only lease to city police officers. The cops are getting free rent for a year and then have to pay 500/month the following year. The city can pick and choose who they lease their property out to as can other private landlords.

But if it makes you feel any better, none of the 125 Lauderhill cops have taken the city up on this crappy offer.

have to do with my original question? I believe the original question which has not been answered yet was in response to the person trying poorly to prove that there is a difference between accepting gratuities from the city and accepting gratuties from a private business.

It is clear that these previous people who posted have no reading interpretation skills and they probably don't have listening interpretation skills either. I hope they are not police officers, because that would be sad. All those victims trying to give the officer information and that information getting jumbled up and put on an official document. It is almost like falsifying an official document huh? Does that mean you are corrupt also? It is a shame that only the worst officers come to this website to complain. You represent your agency poorly. You create a feeding frenzy for attorneys and the media.

After posting on here how you have been wronged in some way, Ex.; I want a better car, I want more money, I want to be a detective. Well detective first things first, read something until you understand it right before you respond with something stupid like those posts. Learning does not stop after 5th grade. :snicker:

08-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey outsider, your an complete idiot. The poster did explain the difference. Your just an idiot who cant comprehend what your reading. The poster explained it very thoroughly. It's gotta suck being you!

P.S. take your jackarse smiley back :snicker:

08-24-2008, 02:41 AM
Hey outsider, your an complete idiot. The poster did explain the difference. Your just an idiot who cant comprehend what your reading. The poster explained it very thoroughly. It's gotta suck being you!

P.S. take your jackarse smiley back :snicker:The "outsider" is "an complete idiot" way to represent Lauderhill... embarassing. BSO corrections is hiring.

08-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Who said that I work for Lauderhill. My bad. I added a "n" where it didn't belong. I'm not Lauderhill but I was actually defending your guys. Thats what I get for trying to help a neighboring agency.

Go screw urselves then.....

08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Dude, this thread is so stupid. Let it die. Nobody cares.

08-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Who said that I work for Lauderhill. My bad. I added a "n" where it didn't belong. I'm not Lauderhill but I was actually defending your guys. Thats what I get for trying to help a neighboring agency.

Go screw urselves then.....I know that I am gettig suckered in to a childish argument so here it goes. First of all you are crucifying me for being an outsider and you suddenly claim that you don't even work for Lauderhill, your a bad liar. Second you are calling me an idiot and for my reading comprehension and you have poor word usage. So please tell me where you do work so I can commit some crimes in your city and get away with it. The students at B/A have better reading and writing skills than you.

08-25-2008, 09:04 PM

Go screw urselves then.....I know that I am gettig suckered in to a childish argument so here it goes. First of all you are crucifying me for being an outsider and you suddenly claim that you don't even work for Lauderhill, your a bad liar. Second you are calling me an idiot and for my reading comprehension and you have poor word usage. So please tell me where you do work so I can commit some crimes in your city and get away with it. The students at B/A have better reading and writing skills than you.

Hey outsider, your just as childish for coming on here starting crap with whoever your crap typing to. Everyone is so big and bad behind a keyboard. No one is suckered anyone. You logged on and you hit the reply link.

If your not a cop then why are you even on here. Go get a life stupid

08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
OHHHH NO. I put a "is" before suckered and it shouldn't be there. Crap, so stupid of me. I must be an idiot too. Outsider jagoff is apparently better than the rest of us. If so, go to a site with smarter folks as to challange your smart self.

08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
So you still are not capable of explaining the difference between accepting gratuities from the city or a private business. You cops come on here all the time and prove to the public how stupid and separated you are. This allows the media to step in and trash you. This allows the criminals to run all over you.

Grow up! You guys have so much stuff. You can get a police job with a G.E.D., a police job pays what a regular job pays a college grad. We have to drive our own car to a regular job, you have a police car that you can take anywhere. Your pens, notepads, tools to do the job, clothes and uniforms are paid for. Your school and additional training is paid for and in some instances you are paid to take, I am still paying off student loans for law school from 10 years ago.

Your reports are retarded at best and you complain when your cases get declined like as if you wrote some award winning novel. An illegal alien can do your job better and they would do it with less. With all this stuff you get, you complain so much when you are denied the smallest and most stupid things. Go out and get a real job where you really have to work and tell me how bad you had it as a cop.

Until then, go cry to your momma instead of embarass your profession any further. Instead of coming here, read up on your statute book, case law and policies so the criminals you arrest can actually be prosecuted. Please read this and help society out: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/OGC/Case_Updates/index.html

Vic Makey
08-27-2008, 01:52 AM
So you still are not capable of explaining the difference between accepting gratuities from the city or a private business. You cops come on here all the time and prove to the public how stupid and separated you are. This allows the media to step in and trash you. This allows the criminals to run all over you.

Grow up! You guys have so much stuff. You can get a police job with a G.E.D., a police job pays what a regular job pays a college grad. We have to drive our own car to a regular job, you have a police car that you can take anywhere. Your pens, notepads, tools to do the job, clothes and uniforms are paid for. Your school and additional training is paid for and in some instances you are paid to take, I am still paying off student loans for law school from 10 years ago.

Your reports are retarded at best and you complain when your cases get declined like as if you wrote some award winning novel. An illegal alien can do your job better and they would do it with less. With all this stuff you get, you complain so much when you are denied the smallest and most stupid things. Go out and get a real job where you really have to work and tell me how bad you had it as a cop.

Until then, go cry to your momma instead of embarass your profession any further. Instead of coming here, read up on your statute book, case law and policies so the criminals you arrest can actually be prosecuted. Please read this and help society out: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/OGC/Case_Updates/index.html

Thank you very much for coming here and bashing my Department … I appreciate your candor and would much like to debate and respond with you on a few of your points.

Question 1: The difference between accepting gratuities from the city or a private business?

My answer: None really as you can see both are gifts but maybe given or provided for different reasons. I would venture to say that in the revitalization of a crime ridden area the City would be smart to bring police officers to live in the area to bring back public trust in that section of a City. A business might offer a free drink or a discount because having a police officer frequent your establishment makes good business sense. What you may not believe is most officers do not accept these public gratuities or shy away from establishments that continually offer gratuities. Do criminals frequent or target areas that appear to be safe and secure? In your last post I take it you might be a lawyer? If so, do you get some advantages others might not? I would think that having a lawyer close to you would be worth something?

Your statement: “Your reports are retarded at best and you complain when your cases get declined like as if you wrote some award winning novel”.

My response: Most cases in the 17th District Court get declined because of case load and so many liberal judges see the majority of crimes as victimless. I might write a retarded report but if the general public knew what transpired in the Broward County Court many judges would not be reelected and many attorneys would be facing discipline with the Florida Bar.

I have had the opportunity and privilege to meet many fine attorneys who would not share your sentiment about “retards writing reports”. I went to a deposition a month or so ago where the attorney (Public Defender) deposed me while watching the internet to see the live score of the baseball game. Does that mean that all Public Defenders are slacking and do not care about clients? Perhaps they are “retarded at best”. I did not go to law school nor would I want to be a lawyer and my feelings for that runs deep. Would I bash an entire profession over silly comments? Your declaration of attending law school and your writing tells me you’re very educated but your vile opinions lead me to believe that you are not a decent person just educated.

Your Statement: “illegal alien can do your job better and they would do it with less”

My response: many people could do my job and maybe better then me but would they? Would you do my job? Would you have the courage to step out on people who want to do nothing more then harm you. Would you break up the domestic disturbance and risk having to fight someone to help someone you know nothing about? Would you chase the drug dealer who is killing his community one drug sale at a time? Would you risk your life and risk never seeing your children grow up, get married or better yet would you trade places with BSO Deputy Maury Hernandez, BSO Deputy Paul Rein or Sergeant Chris Reyka? I think by your writings you would go to law school and hate police officers.

I sense that you hatred stems from a bad experience with the police. Please look inside yourself as these hatreds of others and prejudicial statements are a best the ranting of a very sick person. I hope that your prejudices do not carry over to the legal profession because like me you must help society out!

08-27-2008, 03:41 AM
I appreciate your response. Thank you for answering my question and finally clearing that up for me. I have been monitoring this blog after a collegue turned me on to it. It is a shame to see so much dissention amongst your ranks. You seem to be different and this may be strange to say that I have respect for you despite how you bashed me and my profession. I was only frustrated to see so much volatility coming from a group of supposed professionals.

The way your fellow officers began bashing me for a simple question was unfathomable and unprofessional. It appeared that only the losers in your department logged on to this blog. I mean all the complaining they do about what they don't get and who gets what just floors me. Then when someone says something that appears to make sense, they get bashed. I don't know how you work with these people.

Understand that I do not have any hatred toward police officers, I have a couple in my family. I simply have never seen so much hate amongst a group which is supposed to be a "brotherhood". I just wanted them to think before they write some crazy thoughts on a publicly viewed forum. It makes my family look bad too and I take that personal. This business about officers writing such things about the recruiter, the supervisors and a new detective is ten times worse than anything I have ever thought about my worst enemy, which is sick.

The thing I wrote about illegal aliens was just an insult out of anger, it seems to be the only thing that catches the attention of these sadomasochistic officers. I appreciate every day the job that police officers do and I have been interested in that line of work all my life. I simply have a lot of pride in my work and would never leave it to do something else. For heaven sakes, be careful on those streets and try to reach these stooges who are behaving unprofessionally, society expects that from lawyers not them.

08-27-2008, 04:05 AM
I believe my colleague has made several eloquent points. I would like to add one thing.

As you are so fond of stating (Mr. Attorney) how you’re "educated", know this; being educated is not something you obtain in order to lord over those who are not. The true definition of an educated person is to "spread your acquired knowledge to those who would benefit from it". My question to you is this, ‘what have you done to teach those around you?’

From your posting I gather you enjoy the title, but not the responsibility.
So allow me to help you, as it appears you need a lesson. I to am educated (Graduate student at Barry University) and feel it becomes MY responsibility to encourage, mentor, guide and inspire those around me using my education to SHAPE Officers and others, not bring them down as was apparently taught to you by your Law School experience.

When you take your tone and have not walked a day in OUR shoes, be careful. These Officers may not always write a correct report, but there is a learning process. Teaching how to write a report is easy; learning to risk your life for others is not. But I guess that hasn’t made it to the Law School curriculum yet.

School is out Counselor, time to go home and study for your final exam in Humanities (We tutor if you need help).

Signed
29D5 (G.S.)
:evil:

Vic Makey
08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
I appreciate your response. Thank you for answering my question and finally clearing that up for me. I have been monitoring this blog after a collegue turned me on to it. It is a shame to see so much dissention amongst your ranks. You seem to be different and this may be strange to say that I have respect for you despite how you bashed me and my profession. I was only frustrated to see so much volatility coming from a group of supposed professionals.

The way your fellow officers began bashing me for a simple question was unfathomable and unprofessional. It appeared that only the losers in your department logged on to this blog. I mean all the complaining they do about what they don't get and who gets what just floors me. Then when someone says something that appears to make sense, they get bashed. I don't know how you work with these people.

Understand that I do not have any hatred toward police officers, I have a couple in my family. I simply have never seen so much hate amongst a group which is supposed to be a "brotherhood". I just wanted them to think before they write some crazy thoughts on a publicly viewed forum. It makes my family look bad too and I take that personal. This business about officers writing such things about the recruiter, the supervisors and a new detective is ten times worse than anything I have ever thought about my worst enemy, which is sick.

The thing I wrote about illegal aliens was just an insult out of anger, it seems to be the only thing that catches the attention of these sadomasochistic officers. I appreciate every day the job that police officers do and I have been interested in that line of work all my life. I simply have a lot of pride in my work and would never leave it to do something else. For heaven sakes, be careful on those streets and try to reach these stooges who are behaving unprofessionally, society expects that from lawyers not them.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and like you I have a respect for the person writing the response to my post.

To all of the officers reading this please take note of a few things:

We have to stop this public bashing of each other for a few reasons. First and foremost it is simply destructive to the profession we chose to work. Look what others see and say about us. You might not like what this person had to say but it is the truth. We are sick for saying the things we do about the recruiter, newly promoted Supervisors and DB Selections. We are wrong in so many ways and the sad thing is … it stems from one or two people.

Do I like all of the choices made on a daily basis in the PD? No, I do not and sometimes it makes me wonder to the whys but the bottom line is I am a police officer and I have a job to do, a family to support and a pay check to earn. If and when something happens I do not like (a real deal breaker) I have the choice to pack up my crap and move on. Life does go on outside of the Lauderhill Police Department.

The Lauderhill Police Department is run by a City Government/Strong City Manager and a selected group of police administrators. They were entrusted to do the right thing and the responsibility falls completely on them. This is the ship they sail and it is there’s to sink or to float across the world. Either way it is none of my business as long as I am not asked to compromise my personal and professional beliefs and ethics. With that said, I believe that positive changes are occurring and the ships direction is right on course. I don’t like every move made in the PD but folks it is a whole lot better then it was a year ago.

We need to stop the public lynching of fellow officer and administrators on this forum immediately. We need to grow a big set of testicles and cowboy the fuc up while at work. The bottom line is police officers are needed throughout Florida and the rest of the United States. We are one of the most sought after professions next to nurses and leaving a job you are miserable at and moving to another agency is not a bad thing. Nothing is worse then to hate your job and the people you work with.

Nothing keeps you few disgruntled officers at Lauderhill. This is not the military where you have a contract to fulfill or you’re being held hostage. If you really hate the people at work as much as you write in this forum pack your crap and go! Your spot will be replaced that is life and that is business.

Take your time to be positive and make some good changes. Spend time with your family and friends and laugh about life. Stay away from the negatives and leave this job at the gate when you drive home from work. This profession can consume you, take away from your family and cause so many hardships. It is a job and a way to pay the bills it is not a replacement for a life! Stop worrying who moved up the ladder or who fell off of it … as bad as that may sound … be that persons friend and show support for the right reason … they are a friend.

08-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Thank you for taking the time to respond and like you I have a respect for the person writing the response to my post.

To all of the officers reading this please take note of a few things:

We have to stop this public bashing of each other for a few reasons. First and foremost it is simply destructive to the profession we chose to work. Look what others see and say about us. You might not like what this person had to say but it is the truth. We are sick for saying the things we do about the recruiter, newly promoted Supervisors and DB Selections. We are wrong in so many ways and the sad thing is … it stems from one or two people.

Do I like all of the choices made on a daily basis in the PD? No, I do not and sometimes it makes me wonder to the whys but the bottom line is I am a police officer and I have a job to do, a family to support and a pay check to earn. If and when something happens I do not like (a real deal breaker) I have the choice to pack up my crap and move on. Life does go on outside of the Lauderhill Police Department.

The Lauderhill Police Department is run by a City Government/Strong City Manager and a selected group of police administrators. They were entrusted to do the right thing and the responsibility falls completely on them. This is the ship they sail and it is there’s to sink or to float across the world. Either way it is none of my business as long as I am not asked to compromise my personal and professional beliefs and ethics. With that said, I believe that positive changes are occurring and the ships direction is right on course. I don’t like every move made in the PD but folks it is a whole lot better then it was a year ago.

We need to stop the public lynching of fellow officer and administrators on this forum immediately. We need to grow a big set of testicles and cowboy the fuc up while at work. The bottom line is police officers are needed throughout Florida and the rest of the United States. We are one of the most sought after professions next to nurses and leaving a job you are miserable at and moving to another agency is not a bad thing. Nothing is worse then to hate your job and the people you work with.

Nothing keeps you few disgruntled officers at Lauderhill. This is not the military where you have a contract to fulfill or you’re being held hostage. If you really hate the people at work as much as you write in this forum pack your crap and go! Your spot will be replaced that is life and that is business.

Take your time to be positive and make some good changes. Spend time with your family and friends and laugh about life. Stay away from the negatives and leave this job at the gate when you drive home from work. This profession can consume you, take away from your family and cause so many hardships. It is a job and a way to pay the bills it is not a replacement for a life! Stop worrying who moved up the ladder or who fell off of it … as bad as that may sound … be that persons friend and show support for the right reason … they are a friend.

Hey Vic,

Good to hear from you again.. as alwyas, great points. I do not agree with one things though. This job, unlike many others, is a way of life. You cannot separtae it completely when you leave the gate, altough I try.

I do believe that the brotherhood is important. You're right, we never going to like all 125 Officers and adminstrators, but we have to and I repeat, HAVE TO! respect them. If you feel an officer needs help, don't bash him/her, help them in the area you feel he needs help/ That can be done without patronizing. If someone does not want your help, it least you know you tried (and more importantly, whether they admit that or not, they'll see the gesture).

Remeber, even the one you think is a "bad" cop is wearing a badge; more important then that, the bad guys do not distinguish between us - man, woman, black, white, yellow or whatever - all they see is BLUE!

08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
The truth of the matter is the government gets to make up the rules but they never have to actually follow them. What is the difference you ask, between the city and a private business owner wanting the property they own to be free from crime? The answer is simple, there is no difference. An officer accepting a free apartment from the city or a free soda from a business owner; at the end of the day it is all gratuities.
There is however; one major difference between the two and that difference is also simple, the city makes the rules, period end of discussion. When the rules say it’s ok to accept a free apartment, then it must be ok. Make no mistake about it weather an officer accepts the free apartment or not the City is going to mandate that officers be on this property at all times. Is this fair to a business who can not afford the same luxury? The city is willing to accomplish this by any means necessary; even if it means depleting those officers from the rest of the city. Somehow, this just doesn’t seem fair to the other residents, but I guess making the rules has its advantages.
The last thing I want to add is this; most police officers in Lauderhill are good people, who truly want to make a difference and the rest are just like the criminals we arrest every day; even though it just a small percentage of those officers it makes it bad for everyone else. With that said, maybe you should think of police officers the way I think of defense attorneys. It’s a dirty job, someone has to do it.