PDA

View Full Version : Supervisors encouraging newbies to look for new jobs

08-12-2008, 11:21 PM
New agents in my office have kind of gotten the unofficial approval/advice to start looking for new jobs. Is this happening in other regions?

08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
That's the case in my region...

08-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Sad Sad Sad f------ day people when public safety has come to this!

08-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Hello? What would you prefer supervisors do when the possibility exists that agents may be sent home. Per OUR bargaining agreement, probationers are to go before the rest of us. Don't you think it is the humane thing to do to give the newbies a heads up??? Geez... seems you can't win with some of you folks.

08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Hello? What would you prefer supervisors do when the possibility exists that agents may be sent home. Per OUR bargaining agreement, probationers are to go before the rest of us. Don't you think it is the humane thing to do to give the newbies a heads up??? Geez... seems you can't win with some of you folks.

Apparently you misunderstood my previous posting....It's a sad f****** day when cops might have to layed off....agree whole heartedly with being given the heads up.... :cry:

08-15-2008, 12:07 AM
My apologies. Thanks for the clarification. Really feel for the newbies. Heard management doesn't want to see them go - invested a lot...and they are on fire for the agency.

08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
My apologies. Thanks for the clarification. Really feel for the newbies. Heard management doesn't want to see them go - invested a lot...and they are on fire for the agency.
Those responsible for hiring the new agents should be on the chopping block. What a joke that you would hire people and then a few months later tell them sorry we don't have the money to keep you.

08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
saw this post. asked my boss if he agreed i should be looking. he said yes. today i started my search. not sure if i want to go crawling back to the old job or find another agency.