PDA

View Full Version : No Time To Loaf

08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I see since the infamous ratification vote things have gotten very quite here! I hope this doesn't mean you're sitting back "fat & happy". To the contrary, now is the time to get the political machine of Lodge 31 moving forward hot and heavy. You will have a new mayor and at least 2 new commisioners, hopefully 3, next March. Whatever you thought of Roberts as a chief has nothing to do with his qualifications as a potential commisioner, Teel MUST GO! Besides Bruce is vote #2 to fire Gretsas.

Don't take a back seat when your union asks for volunteers to get out and walk the neighborhoods passing out literature. I don't want to hear I'm going fishing or golfing with my buddies. Working with the community should be an everyday practice not just at contract time, I don't know how many times I've heard that one from the public. A union is only strong as its membership and its treasury. Your FOP cannot donate money to political candidates running for City elections, BUT YOU CAN, both for the primary and the general election. MONEY WINS ELECTIONS !
GOOD LUCK BROTHERS AND SISTERS

08-13-2008, 04:38 AM
I usually dislike media reports involving police involved shooting, but i must say good job channel 6 for your fair and balanced coverage.

08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I see since the infamous ratification vote things have gotten very quite here! I hope this doesn't mean you're sitting back "fat & happy". To the contrary, now is the time to get the political machine of Lodge 31 moving forward hot and heavy. You will have a new mayor and at least 2 new commisioners, hopefully 3, next March. Whatever you thought of Roberts as a chief has nothing to do with his qualifications as a potential commisioner, Teel MUST GO! Besides Bruce is vote #2 to fire Gretsas.

Don't take a back seat when your union asks for volunteers to get out and walk the neighborhoods passing out literature. I don't want to hear I'm going fishing or golfing with my buddies. Working with the community should be an everyday practice not just at contract time, I don't know how many times I've heard that one from the public. A union is only strong as its membership and its treasury. Your FOP cannot donate money to political candidates running for City elections, BUT YOU CAN, both for the primary and the general election. MONEY WINS ELECTIONS !

Maybe if our union spent more time worrying about our own problems instead of trying to get some"buddy" elected sheriff when that will have no effect on us we would have more involvement. But frankly we need our union leaders to be involved in our problems. Ever since we signed the contract except for some lawsuit about text messages we have done nothing. Where was the former chiefs bombshell announcement? Where is the devastating blow the union is lobbing against the city?

08-14-2008, 09:48 PM
You're absolutely right about the Sheriff's race, Lodge 31 has no business being involved as a union, individually that's a differant story. That's usually handled at the FOP District level. Be at the Aug. 26 FOP meeting to voice your concerns about this topic.

My understanding about the text messages have to do with threats being made by our city mgr. during negotiations. Just the allegations has prompted Comm. Charlotte Rodstrom to call for Gretsas' resignation. Obviously she does not have two other commissioners support to fire him. If the threats allegations are true and backed up by this proof, chances are Gretsas will be fired prosecuted or hopefully both. You have to remember our magic number is "3". It takes 3 votes to do anything on the commission.

10-11-2011, 02:06 AM

so roberts is the best politician money can buy for the union and their members raises
he was a slug as chief now a slug as commissioner just another double dipper on a pension