PDA

View Full Version : You guys have a PD?

08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
It is unreal to think that any of you thought for one second that working at USF as a police officer would be a great move! And you have the nerve to get on this site and BI$#h!!! Unreal.... Quit your whinning and move on, what kind of experience do you really think your getting by working there. USF is a JOKE. You might as well contract University mall security and save the University some money.... I feel bad for you guys, you went through LEO academy to work at the University...... Sucks for you... :cop: :evil:

08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
It is unreal to think that any of you thought for one second that working at USF as a police officer would be a great move! And you have the nerve to get on this site and BI$#h!!! Unreal.... Quit your whinning and move on, what kind of experience do you really think your getting by working there. USF is a JOKE. You might as well contract University mall security and save the University some money.... I feel bad for you guys, you went through LEO academy to work at the University...... Sucks for you... :cop: :evil:

If you would use the superior investigative skills attained from "real" police work at MCSO, you would see that many of us here are bound by contract. How would you feel if you were dissatisfied with your job situation but knew MCSO could file suit for over ten grand if you left? Some here are disgruntled because they came to work at a University, but found they are working for a UP trying to be something that it isn't. I wish you the best in your chosen career path.

08-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Three major points:

1. Its University Policing. It's not going to have the work level of the bigger departments (though some really try to make it that way), it includes a lot of duties that would be considered security type work, and it is a better working in evironment to spend a career as a police officer with a good retirement system. The pay will never be what you would earn at the larger agencies and never will be, period. But again, you have to take into consideration what I mentioned and what you want in your career. This is, and use to be a stepping stone for people that want to move on to the other agencies. They are trying to change that with the contract, but it just makes for unhappy people working here. There are still many certified police academy graduates applying here and few are hired.

2. I really don't think the contract would hold up in a court if you want to quit, and a civil suit was brought on. Most of the things promised to new employess can't and will not be delivered.

3. Know what you are applying for. If University policing is not want as a career, don't apply at a University as an officer.

08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE "OUTSIDERS" TALKING CRAP ABOUT OUR AGENCY AND PUTTING US DOWN, YET THEY STILL FIND TIME TO CRUISE OUR MESSAGE BOARD, DESPITE HOW BIG AND BAD THEY ALL ARE. LISTEN SINCE YOU ALL ARE REAL COPS, OR ARE OTHERS THAT HAVE SUCH A BETTER CAREER THEN STOP WASTING YOUR TIME BAD MOUTHING WHAT WE DO. ALSO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME BY EVER CALLING US IF YOU NEED ANYTHING THEN. I AM ALSO SICK AND TIRED OF SOME OF "OUR" OFFICERS DOING THE SAME BAD MOUTHING. YOU KNOW IT IS PRETTY SIMPLE. YOU EITHER WERE NOT OFFERED A JOB ANYWHERE ELSE AND ACCEPTED OURS, OR YOU ONLY APPLIED HERE AND ACCEPTED OURS. EITHER WAY YOU ARE A CURRENT EMPLOYEE HERE, I WOULD EXPECT YOU ACT LIKE ONE. YOU GET A PAYCHECK AND ARE REQUIRED TO DO YOUR JOB. NO THIS ISN'T THE GREATEST JOB, NEITHER IS TPD OR HCSO OR TTPD. I HAVE FRIENDS AT ALL THOSE AGENCIES AND THEY ALL COMPLAIN AND ***** TOO. BUT FOR ALL YOU THAT PUT US DOWN LET ME TELL YOU THAT ALL MY FRIENDS THAT BELONG TO OTHER "REAL AGENCIES" CALL ME FIRST IF THEY HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT POLICE WORK, STATUTES, ETC. LETS DO OUR JOB, DO IT WELL AND STOP THIS BACK AND FORTH COMPLAINING. IT IS NOT PRODUCTIVE AND IS HELPING TRASH THIS DEPARTMENTS MORALE AND APPEARANCE. YES IT IS VERY TOUGH TIMES RIGHT NOW, BUT NOW MORE THAN EVER WE NEED TO STAY STRONG. IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY HERE PLEASE JUST FIND ANOTHER JOB AND STOP HURTING THE REST OF US.

THANKS

08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Pardon me for asking. I am assuming....MCSO stands for Manatee County Sheriffs Office. Why in the hell does someone from Manatee County care about what goes on in Tampa much less USFPD? Manatee County SO is not what you would consider one of the best places to work either.

08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow we're the ONLY Agency that complains on this entire site.

08-13-2008, 11:36 PM

I guess someones "little angel" got 10-15'd by you guys. :lol:

08-14-2008, 12:25 AM
It is unreal to think that any of you thought for one second that working at USF as a police officer would be a great move! And you have the nerve to get on this site and BI$#h!!! Unreal.... Quit your whinning and move on, what kind of experience do you really think your getting by working there. USF is a JOKE. You might as well contract University mall security and save the University some money.... I feel bad for you guys, you went through LEO academy to work at the University...... Sucks for you...

When I got hired on at USF, I was asked by two friends that got hired at HCSO and TPD at later dates, and they asked me, "How did you get hired there? I applied and wasn't hired."

I never had an answer for this. I was hired two, out of about 200 applicants.

Other officers talk sh**t about USF PD, but I can almost say for certain..for certain.., that just about every person that graduated from a Florida Police Academy in the last 10 years, applied at USF.

The hiring process is very selective here, and anyone, including myself should be happy that they were selected to work here. Most were not, a true fact. USF is about the best job around as a police officer to spend at, as a police officer. Some realise it from the day they were hired, other realise it after they have moved on to other agencies and are sorry they did.

08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
that just about every person that graduated from a Florida Police Academy in the last 10 years, applied at USF.

That's nothing but complete BS. USF attracts three kinds of applicants: those who are retired from real departments, those who are too scared to work for real departments, and those who can't get hired at real departments. The only ones who stay in UP are the first two kinds. That's a fact. The rest move on to a better job.

The hiring process is very selective here, and anyone, including myself should be happy that they were selected to work here. Most were not, a true fact.

I guess that depends on your definition of selective. I applied at USF because I couldn't get hired at TPD or HCSO without experience. Only a handful of people in my academy class applied at USF. You see, USF wants certain types of people to work at the department. They do not want the person who wants to run around chasing dopers and stolen cars all day. They want the officer who feels that real police work is checking to make sure the call boxes work and helping people locked out of their offices. The hiring process is selective in the sense that it is designed to attempt to identify and employ those types of officers. Look at who has been successful at this department and you see exactly what they're looking for.

I'm glad I got out when I did!

08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Someone must have not been able to get out of trouble and went to cry to daddy. Teach him to be responsible for himself and not ride on your coat tails. Don't come attack what we do because your child messed up. :wink: stay safe

08-14-2008, 11:33 AM
USF selection process is a joke... A Sgt decides who goes on and who doesnt. He is someone because of his short comings feels threatened with successful P/O's. USF really does not want hard working cops with experience! By the way... already hired with another agency ! Sorry.. you loose!

08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
USF selection process is a joke... A Sgt decides who goes on and who doesnt. He is someone because of his short comings feels threatened with successful P/O's. USF really does not want hard working cops with experience! By the way... already hired with another agency ! Sorry.. you loose!

GLAD WE "LOST" A$$HOLE!

08-14-2008, 11:39 PM

:roll: I hope we can survive without all of your knowledge and experience.

08-16-2008, 11:42 AM

You probably wouldn't have made it through the FTO program anyway. Part of the program requires the ability to read and write. It's not "loose", it's "lose". This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to "lose" his ability to read and write.” “He lets his mouth run "loose.” Note that when “lose” turns into “losing” it loses its “E.”

08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
You probably wouldn't have made it through the FTO program anyway. Part of the program requires the ability to read and write. It's not "loose", it's "lose".

hahahahaha...priceless

08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
You must be one of the USF/FTO's...

"Your Lose"
"You Loose"....
You just dont understand how to use the english language!
Hmmm now I understand why you cant get a job anywhere else... enjoy USF !
Watchout for those security guys on the speeding GOLF carts...

08-21-2008, 10:12 AM
You must be one of the USF/FTO's...

"Your Lose"
"You Loose"....
You just dont understand how to use the english language!
Hmmm now I understand why you cant get a job anywhere else... enjoy USF !
Watchout for those security guys on the speeding GOLF carts...

I enjoy USF. You seem to like it here somewhat, since you frequent our website so often. It's "Your loss".

08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
When your kid gets 10-15, maybe you should be pissed at him and not the Agency who had to do their job.