PDA

View Full Version : Making it work?

08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Hello folkss,

I have a few questions for you. Before you bash the agency, I know the pay is low and I have been in LE for the past 5 years. Luckily my wife makes a good living and I teach criminal justice part-time at a local college.

1. I have a Masters degree, bachelors degree and Associates degree - Do you guys get the educational incentive pay?

2. I would like to work in Pasco or Hernando counties- anybody know much about the working conditions, superiors etc?

3. Is there someone in the above areas that I could talk to or ride along with?

Thanks for all your guys/gals help. I have always wanted to be a game warden and need to make the switch now before having kids. Please let me know what you guys think

thanks

08-13-2008, 12:15 AM
First, using the term "game warden of marine patrol" is forbidden anymore as we have been told.

Contact the Lakeland Office for the local recruiter and they can set you up w/ a ride along.

08-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Glad ya stopped by son, we er needen sum new blood round here.

Sure we gotta ride along program, make sure ya bring your stetson so you'll fit right in. Maybe you got wonna them plastic jr deputy badges like marshal Dillon or the Texas Rangers in case we have to chase sum outlaws. Oh, sorry, we dont chase so forget dat.

Aw sucks, never mind bout da rida long son I dont have room fer ya on my horse but incase you just wanta stop by and look and forget ur hat, I got a extra u can wear and a pare a shorts that dont fit me case ya plan on a boat ride but darn son we dont geta ride inda boats much.

With all them degrees son, ya orta just apply fer wonna them jobs we got in Talahaasee, i thank they be needn a lot help up der. Cents ya never workd here, you just mite qualiphy.

Hurry back son, its ok if ya chew, just kant doit n public.

08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
When people get on here and ask for some simple questions about the job as an applicant and current leo, one could expect some type of professionalism. If you were going to spend that time typing all that garbage, then spend it and answer my questions. I came from a town of 1700 people, so I love the country. I worked my way through school to get my AS, BS and MA, as I worked as a police officer. It is funny how you have an applicant who would actually care about this agency and get a dumb**** response of such a waste of precious life. If your not going to answer my questions, then please don't even post anything.

08-14-2008, 01:03 PM
If you were really concerned you would contant a recruiter or visit our website like a true professional would. If you come here you are going to get bashed.

08-14-2008, 01:28 PM
If you were really concerned you would contant a recruiter or visit our website like a true professional would. If you come here you are going to get bashed.

Or maybe he wanted some inside information because we all know recruiters don't make things look better then they really are.

As far as the job goes, there is no better job. It is fun, and you have a lot of flexibility. You are not handling call after call after call. You don't make a ton of money, but LE is not known for making people rich.

Contact a recruiter for all the hiring information, find some Officers to go talk to about the job in person. Much better then on the this website because half the time it isn't Officers responding, just high school wannabees.