PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone read the paper for friday 8-8-8?

08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
read the comments of Commissioner Posey.......i dont think its right that Law Enforcement employees get a raise while other county employees dont.
Well Commissioner you are probably right, maybe its not right. ...But let me see, Hey one of you guys go and dig that hole....or....hey one of you guys go to that house where the man has just beat the crap out of his wife..and now has the pistol pointed at his head...and talk him into putting it down and not killing his whole family.....for $14.00 dollars an hour and at 4 am in the morning when you are so damn tired you can hardly keep your eyes open because your out on patrol protecting the property of the ones that tell you you dont need to make anymore money than you do....while your family is is at home without you....and you better not screw nothin up when you get there.....oh and if somethin does happens and he points the gun at you....try to live the rest of your life and not have it creep into your head at least once a day that you had to kill someone's husband or father or son in order to save their lives or the lives of others.
Ok i know.....its the job we have chosen to do......i didnt get into this line of work for the money.....ive heard all the cliches.

08-09-2008, 04:51 PM
JUST REMEMBER LAW ENFORCEMENT HAS THE BIGGEST FAMILIES IN OKEECHOBEE COUNTY. ONCE THE WORD SPREADS IT'S THAT NO RAISES FOR THE DEPUTIES/CORRECTIONS OFFICERS THEN REALITY WILL SIT IN WHEN POSEY'S TERM IS UP FOR RE-ELECTION. REMEMBER HE WAS PRO LAW ENFORCEMENT GOING IN, NOW HE IS CALLED A DEFINATE POLITICIAN SAYING AND PROMISING TO GET YOUR VOTES, BUT CHANGING HIS VIEWS NOW NOT TO STAND BEHIND LAW ENFORCEMENT BUT THE CITIZENS OF OKEECHOBEE. IF IT WASN'T FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT PROTECTING ALL THE TIME, THEN THEIR WOULD BE NO CITIZENS TO EVEN VOTE. PROPERTY TAXES GO UP EVERY YEAR, SO WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

08-13-2008, 01:20 AM
It is real easy, vote Margret Helton for county commissioner and let Posey go back to what he knows best pulling on cow udders

08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
well Commish Posey voted no for county employee raises......wasn't that a surprise? you know maybe if they would allow some industry into this town and stop the thinking that its still some kinda cowboy town it wouldn't be such an issue everytime budget time comes around....ive lived here 30 yrs and lets see whats been built since then....walmart....home depot....2 businesses in 30 yrs....15 yr average.....oh and ever tried to eat lunch in this town at noon???...lets stop electing people that dont have to venture away from their real job to have to wolf down a sandwich in an hour and having to fight traffic ....has anyone seen how bad this has been?....and make it back to work on time......oh and who was the other commissioner that voted no??