PDA

View Full Version : Union Endorsements

08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
When did the Teamsters administration discuss who they were going to endorse? Did the MEMBERS have any input on this issue? Many members do not agree with all of the endorsements...

08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I was able to attend one of the meetings where they discussed having the union vote for whom they wanted to endorse. Obviously it did not happen.

08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I was beginning to get worried that the Teamsters were not doing anything (except wasting my $600 a year). Thank goodness in today's mail I got a pamphlet telling me how wonderful they are and what a great job they're doing.

09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I wonder how much money the Teamsters wasted with regards to this weeks mailings. Another pamphlet in the mail at the beginning of the week. And today I get the piece of mail from the Teamsters with an absentee voting card request. And to show they are a first class operation they even had a 42 cent stamp on the card.

I am glad my $600 a year is showing something tangible. I would hate to think that they might use the money for something asinine like have representation at contract talks with the county.

09-05-2008, 02:51 AM
I wonder how much money the Teamsters wasted with regards to this weeks mailings. Another pamphlet in the mail at the beginning of the week. And today I get the piece of mail from the Teamsters with an absentee voting card request. And to show they are a first class operation they even had a 42 cent stamp on the card.

I am glad my $600 a year is showing something tangible. I would hate to think that they might use the money for something asinine like have representation at contract talks with the county.

And you'd complain if if you didn't get it. Some of you would complain a pot of gold was too heavy.

09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't want to be labeled a complainer. I just don't want to receive what I would call "self-promoting" literature from the teamsters telling me what a good job they are doing. I think I would rather see something more tangible (like....maybe results and action with us). The only thing I can compare receiving this literature to is when I receive literature (produced at taxpayer expense) from elected officials telling me what a great job they are doing.

Just call me a malcontent. I don't need to receive literature in the mail from politicians telling me what a great job they are doing. I can see the results in a vibrant economy, an effective border policy, etc.

I don't need to receive literature in the mail from the teamsters telling me what a great job they are doing. I can see the results in something like no forced tobacco policy or PAT in a contract.