PDA

View Full Version : October PBA bargaining w/ District

08-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Just wondering what we have planned for our contract. Any input from the reps & Officers? I have acouple suggestions, and think all should throw their ideas to the reps in an attempt to help move our PD in the right direction.

NIGHTRIDER
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE MERCY OF A.J. THROW IN THE TOWEL AND GO GREEN!

08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Good point, and going green would solve a majority of the PD's problems, but not everyone wants it, and as of today the board will not go for it. The PD has many problems; top heavy, short handed, no money, low morale, its only a matter of time before it happen. Should we propose this idea to the board when we begin to bargain on our contract in October? We must remember the school district wants nothing for us Officers, the District will not even allow us a budget for range ammo.

-I know a main concern for everyone is the Chief, would he lose his job if we went PBSO. I do not see that happening, he could easily be given the rank of Lt. and kept exactly where he is. I worked for a department where we almost went green years back and the contract put together kept the Chief on board, but dropped his rank to Lt.

There are numerous ways we can make things better, and in time it looks like we are just wilting away on the vine........

08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
THERE WILL BE A MEETING AT THE PBA'S OFFICE ON FLORIDA MANGO ON AUG.14 AT 1130 AM ABOUT THE CONTRACT. THIS IS FOR ALL OFFICERS, BRING YOUR IDEAS AND WILL WILL SEE YOU THERE.

08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time to let us know, YDM!

08-08-2008, 12:35 AM
THERE WILL BE A MEETING AT THE PBA'S OFFICE ON FLORIDA MANGO ON AUG.14 AT 1130 AM ABOUT THE CONTRACT. THIS IS FOR ALL OFFICERS, BRING YOUR IDEAS AND WILL WILL SEE YOU THERE.
MR.JH.SGTZN#7 IS IT REALLY FOR ALL OFFICERS EVEN THE NON MEMBERS???????????????????????????????????/

08-08-2008, 12:37 AM
you see me and I will get you in even if you don't pay dues, but no pizza for you. OK

08-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Good point, and going green would solve a majority of the PD's problems, but not everyone wants it, and as of today the board will not go for it. The PD has many problems; top heavy, short handed, no money, low morale, its only a matter of time before it happen. Should we propose this idea to the board when we begin to bargain on our contract in October? We must remember the school district wants nothing for us Officers, the District will not even allow us a budget for range ammo.

-I know a main concern for everyone is the Chief, would he lose his job if we went PBSO. I do not see that happening, he could easily be given the rank of Lt. and kept exactly where he is. I worked for a department where we almost went green years back and the contract put together kept the Chief on board, but dropped his rank to Lt.

There are numerous ways we can make things better, and in time it looks like we are just wilting away on the vine........

08-10-2008, 11:25 PM

Green is the way to go.

08-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I would like to propose it to the board and see what their reply would be. You know they looked into it already. Its just sad that the COA things our PD can function and function well, being down 30 Officers. Let along numerous other issues. Does Art actually think the level of service is improving? Someone is feeding him some BS.

08-11-2008, 12:07 AM
The City Of Lake Worth will be paying PBSO about 14 million for its services. Its obvious that PBSO can provide law enforcement for less than what a city/town/district would pay. AJ has lost control of his police department already, so control is no longer an excuse. PBA has done a great job in stating to him we are sick and tired of not being treated fairly, and we will attempt amd continue to pick apart your yes man commision.

I say propose away.

08-12-2008, 11:09 PM
You have my vote, pass it along to the reps at the meeting, just be aware of the note takers. Onward and upward.