PDA

View Full Version : point me in the right direction?

08-07-2008, 02:15 AM
I was visiting the area a while back from New Hampshire down on vacation catching up with family. I spoke to a guy at a bar on the beach who told me he was an officer with one of the small beach area departments, and I'd forgotten the name of the place until I located this site and scrolled through the Florida list. We were discussing the scene, the area, women, usual bar fare and he mentioned that he was involved with one of his coworkers on and off the clock. I don't want to get into details, but the discussion took a turn for the worst when he luaghed about discretions I considered disrespectful to the badge and I excused myself to the head and left. Is this something that is widely known about and accepted at your agency, or is there someone there who could use more information on this subject? I was a little pissed at the manner in which this guy laughed off the subject & thought a supervisor there might like to know what I was told. If you have contact info for someone I might reach, let me know.

paul

08-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey Snitch, just mind your own business. Nice little cover story.

08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Here ya go, not that you needed to come on this website to find out who to contact.

http://www.gulfportpolice.com/IA.html

09-25-2008, 12:32 AM
hmmm...interesting!

10-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Now that (original) post is whats REALLY disrespectful to the badge.. please tell me that's not a cop!

03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Wait.....Your upset because some off-duty made a comment at a bar that you didn't like. Would the seemingly lewd or wanton comment have been as offensive if the person that made it was just another patron at the bar, like an electrician or carpenter or something? Now, that you're home and back from your vacation, you are trying to contact that police officer? What do you intend to do if you are able to contact the officer or his department? Is it really worth all this trouble because some guy, on his day off, made a comment at a bar?