PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Jones Approves of Goatees

08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Since she has been wearing one since puberty, the Colonel looks to take the title for "Best Goatee" at this years assessments.

08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I am for goatees. I wish my agency allowed them. :x

08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Since she has been wearing one since puberty, the Colonel looks to take the title for "Best Goatee" at this years assessments.

If I were you, I wouldn't admit to the world that she can grow a better one than you. BTW, I'll bet she has a bigger set of snickers than you, too. Grow up, already! :twisted:

08-26-2008, 03:24 AM
I am so tired of you punks bashing the Colonel! She has done more for this agency than any former Colonel of GFC or FMP had done or could do.
Colonel Jones cannot wave a magic wand give us all a raise. Its not in her powers to do that. Do you actually think she doesnt want us to make more money? Give me a break! Yes, she makes a Colonels salary.....cause she is the damn Colonel fool! You think you could do a better job? Then...by all means...work your way to the top and have at it!! Lets see how far you will get. You got the answers to our agencies problems...short of firing all the command staff and starting over? Give us something positive to work with. Tell all of us what to do so we can make more money here....short of leaving for another agency. Should we just shut down and fold up? Let our natural resources go unprotected so nothing will be left for our kids? Tell us big boy...what should we do? What can we do? You must have all the answers dont you? Lets have them...come on.....you are sooooooooo darn smart...surely you can tell us what you would do? Its easy for you to post your bs comments on here. And..that is just what they are...bs comments from some disgruntled FWC employee who we should have never hired in the first darn place. You didnt take this job for money....or the promise of big bucks in years to come. I can think of allot of jobs that dont start out with what we make. Its not a get rich kind of job...but you can make a living and be pretty happy doing it. Employees like you turn bitter and your mission is to make more employees bitter so you wont be alone. Misery loves company.

08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
I am so tired of you punks bashing the Colonel! She has done more for this agency than any former Colonel of GFC or FMP had done or could do.
Colonel Jones cannot wave a magic wand give us all a raise. Its not in her powers to do that. Do you actually think she doesnt want us to make more money? Give me a break! Yes, she makes a Colonels salary.....cause she is the darn Colonel fool! You think you could do a better job? Then...by all means...work your way to the top and have at it!! Lets see how far you will get. You got the answers to our agencies problems...short of firing all the command staff and starting over? Give us something positive to work with. Tell all of us what to do so we can make more money here....short of leaving for another agency. Should we just shut down and fold up? Let our natural resources go unprotected so nothing will be left for our kids? Tell us big boy...what should we do? What can we do? You must have all the answers dont you? Lets have them...come on.....you are sooooooooo darn smart...surely you can tell us what you would do? Its easy for you to post your bs comments on here. And..that is just what they are...bs comments from some disgruntled FWC employee who we should have never hired in the first darn place. You didnt take this job for money....or the promise of big bucks in years to come. I can think of allot of jobs that dont start out with what we make. Its not a get rich kind of job...but you can make a living and be pretty happy doing it. Employees like you turn bitter and your mission is to make more employees bitter so you wont be alone. Misery loves company.

The bashing of our Colonel has got to stop. This is no place for that. On the other hand, I could not disagree more with this last post. This unrealistic theory of working your way to the top to make a change is absurd in this economic climate. In fact, its irresponsible. I understood I would never get rich in this job but, I did expect to keep up with inflation. I did in fact get a recruitment pamphlet stating we had a step plan. It never said that it had not been funded in years.

So what can the command staff do you ask. Concentrate their efforts LOUDLY on getting us a step plan. Really, nothing else will fix our issues. Fix pay and many other problems go away. At this point nothing else matters!! I love protecting the enviroment. Thats why I do the job. I have spent my life doing just that and living in a manner that lessens my impact upon our good green earth. Well passion has a price, and I've hit the tipping point. Like so many others I have stuck it out for as long as I can. Regardless of what others think I believe that LE should be able to live comfortably on one job and not two or three. Thats just not normal and the divorce rates attest to that.

So, you want to know what to do? Simple! A legislative budget request from each agency head that requests the same thing. A public awareness campaign. Support Sen. Siplin bill that would give us a pay raise. As its been described to us, its not rocket science.

rickjames
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Our agency should not spend a dime unless it is to address our number one issue, pay. No more trucks,boats,machine guns,computers,badges,uniforms,SOG crap or pens and pencils till we fix the pay problem that is ripping us apart. I will gladly get by with out all this stuff! When some whiny politician complains the Col. can tell them she's trying to save an agency. I agree with several post about not being disrespectful of the Boss and that she beats hands down what came before and there have been steps in the right direction, but at the end of the day I'm still working 3 jobs, cant afford a house where I work,drive a ten year old car and am looking for a nurse to marry! I realize we have to save the panther and the manatee , but lets save the officers first.

08-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Our agency should not spend a dime unless it is to address our number one issue, pay. No more trucks,boats,machine guns,computers,badges,uniforms,SOG crap or pens and pencils till we fix the pay problem that is ripping us apart. I will gladly get by with out all this stuff! When some whiny politician complains the Col. can tell them she's trying to save an agency. I agree with several post about not being disrespectful of the Boss and that she beats hands down what came before and there have been steps in the right direction, but at the end of the day I'm still working 3 jobs, cant afford a house where I work,drive a ten year old car and am looking for a nurse to marry! I realize we have to save the panther and the manatee , but lets save the officers first.

sounds just like whats going on at FHP now

08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
sounds just like whats going on at FHP now[/quote]

Except FWC look like idiots in their new hats!

08-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Well said, Waldo! The problem is the legislators have numerous groups vying for the finite number of dollars. Who gets what is largely what they do. The solution is complex but possible. ALL license/ permit fees need to be ours to spend as our Commission decides. Secondly, fines assessed by FWC citations, including a large portion of UBC's monies need to also go to our Agency. The fishing exemptions need to be abolished, total abolishment. That way no one can say we are picking on one ethnic group or person, ie who typically uses the cane pole exemption? You pay to play, bottom line. Keep the free fishing days semi-annually to draw new users but right now there is an exemption for just about everyone. Raise the fees to a level that matches this millenium. In 5 years we wean ourselves off the States teat. To convince the legislators would be easy. Give them a voice in our FAC's, let Florida elect a few members and let the Gov. appoint a few and the rest remain like it is. You gotta give some to get some. The biggest selling point should be we can go self sustaining in 5 years. Florida would have our budget to spread around somewhere else like teachers or something. I wish I could say this is my plan but alas it is not. Other States have already paved the way and done the very same thing. Our boat is sinking, we should work on fixing the hole (salary) and not fixing the paint or shining the brass (goatees, badges, pins, identity). For you ex-GFC'rs that cannot understand the analogy it goes like this, your rig is burning (the Agency) and we are trying to get the rig out of the mudhole.

rickjames
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I dont feel your showing any love to my GFC brethren there, but an excellent plan, I would also add a hiring freeze because it makes no sense to me to hire more than you can support or pay. Instead of hiring more just get my captain to let us work more overtime. He's gotten pretty tight with it lately.