PDA

View Full Version : On Call PBA?

08-05-2008, 12:51 AM
What is the Union advising we do in ref to on call. At my region we are still being put on call lists. I do not think I should be on call all week for free with no compensation. Is the Union taking a stance on this and has the letter sent to Tally been addressed yet. I know this is a tough time and we need to stick together, but you can't get blood from a stone and we can't give much more.

08-05-2008, 01:09 AM
There is a simple solution you may be overlooking. If you turn in your take home car, you can't be "on call." It would be so time consuming for you to go to the office, get a car and respond, that they would probably just call someone else.

08-05-2008, 01:14 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I will gladly give a 4-5 week of on-call for free if it helps my keep a job for the other 20-25 weeks of the year. Hard times are coming so we should be happy we have a job....if we are the ones lucky enough to keep ours.

08-05-2008, 01:53 AM
For 10 years I worked as an Investigator for an S.O. and we were never paid to be on call! When I came to FDLE was the 1st time I was paid to be on call and I don't get anywhere near the duty calls that had while at the S.O.

08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
That a way to fight for what we had. Why don't you send the Commish a leetr saying we do not need on call pay or any other incentive while you're at it!

08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
The PBA can't do anything. All you whinny folks who thinks the sun rises and shines with the PBA obviously have never worked for a living at an SO or a small PD. Just do the job that you asked for.

08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I work on that "leeeter" while you work on your SPELLING!!

08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
That a way to fight for what we had. Why don't you send the Commish a leetr saying we do not need on call pay or any other incentive while you're at it!

The decision has already been made - you don't need on call pay. That is why it was such an easy target.

08-06-2008, 12:50 AM

The decision has already been made - you don't need on call pay. That is why it was such an easy target.
Our on-call pay is still intact fot FHP traffic homicide. Come on board before all our open positions are eliminated.