PDA

View Full Version : from the PBSO board

08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
posted this morning on the PBSO board:
Tonight, Monday August 4th, the Lake Worth city commission will meet at the Masonic Hall at 2000 North D Street to vote the merger up or down. The process has been excrutiating and finally comes down to the vote tonight. The Sheriff and the Lake Worth PBA members have gone way above and beyond to accommodate the city's demands. The membership has endured a year and a half of uncertainty, misinformation, disinformation and bully tactics. Please be there tonight to show support for these officers. It's a public meeting and the public will be given an opportunity to speak. The public has not had an opportunity to ask questions and they won't have that opportunity tonight either. Only comment is allowed. This is where you Deputies can really help out. If you speak at the meeting, Please talk about the level of service (boots on the streets) that this merger will make possible. Tell the public what a difference great morale makes, and how having resources at your command makes a difference in getting the bad guys off the streets. Let the people of Lake Worth see what a force of well-equipped and well-managed law enforcement professionals looks like. Maybe you can't be there in uniform, but brotherhood is deeper than the color of a uniform. The meeting starts at 6:30.

08-05-2008, 02:31 AM
welcome lwpd

08-05-2008, 03:09 AM
THANKS TO KAZ , ERNIE AND THE PBA

08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
The saga continues...Monday the 25th at 6 pm- special commission meeting in Lake Worth to approve the contract. Expect the usual suspects Commissioner Golden and Jennings to oppose, stall, delay, obfuscate, confuse, ignore the merely obvious and misunderstand the incredibly obvious. They will be aided and abetted by a city manager (bolo for Lake Worth City Manager - too often missing in action), and the infamous Finance Director who never met a cop he didn't want to take a little more from to balance a budget shortfall he controls.

Come if you can to support the LW leos and the citizens who support all of you and deeply appreciate the dangerous jobs you do every day.

08-19-2008, 02:49 AM
To the LW City Commissioners, it is time to wake up, recently in the PBA news paper (a union paper for members) Sgt Evans from LWPD announced that 19 new officers recently got out of flied training.

For a dept of 93 officers with 35 assigned to road patrol/uniform division that means that all most half of your patrol officers, who are the backbone of the department are new and inexperienced.
This has been a continuing trend over the 20 plus years I have been here and it has gotten worse as this police chief has lowered the moral to its lowest point ever.

With it taking approximately 2 years to get a new officer up to speed, only for them to move on to other departments, this is a cycle we can’t afford any more. The crime rate in the city has sky rocketed no matter how the chief attempts to fix the figures to give the impression that crime is not out of control.

If you would check the identification numbers (ID numbers) at the PD for police officers you will see that we are into the 700 series. That means that over 400 officers have came through our doors and left with only about 40 people actually retiring in the past 20 years, my question is how much has it cost the city to train those employees who have left?

With the SO take over we will have double the units on the road to patrol the city each shift, along with the extra resources that the sheriff will bring in like he has done in Belle Glade and other cities they have taken over.

With the benefits the SO offers no one will leave resulting with the city having more experienced officers working here and not moving on after we spend so much money on them.

I know that police chief is fighting this merger, but it is because of him and his neglect to the department is the reason why we now have the problems we are experiencing now with turn over and crime issues.

I laughed when in the meeting 2 weeks ago when he lied to all of you, telling you that he can have the recourses in the city with one phone call under mutual aid.
As a Commissioner I would have to ask the chief that if he could have 20 extra officers here with just a phone call under mutual aid why hasn’t he done this yet?
ANSWER,
BECAUSE IT DOSE NOT WORK THAT WAY .

I think at this point it’s a little late don’t you?

Working the patrol division we go to work with between 5 and 6 zones, we go call to call all shift and we have no time for prevented patrol and quality service.

The SO will place 14 zones/units a shift plus extra manpower to combat the crime situation, how can you go wrong.

I look at it like this, either sign the contract with the SO and have the police services the city residents deserve or continue this out of spin management style at the PD with low moral, high turn over rate and high crime and continue throwing away good money and getting nothing in return for it.

The

08-19-2008, 10:16 PM
To the LW City Commissioners, it is time to wake up, recently in the PBA news paper (a union paper for members) Sgt Evans from LWPD announced that 19 new officers recently got out of flied training.

For a dept of 93 officers with 35 assigned to road patrol/uniform division that means that all most half of your patrol officers, who are the backbone of the department are new and inexperienced.
This has been a continuing trend over the 20 plus years I have been here and it has gotten worse as this police chief has lowered the moral to its lowest point ever.

With it taking approximately 2 years to get a new officer up to speed, only for them to move on to other departments, this is a cycle we can’t afford any more. The crime rate in the city has sky rocketed no matter how the chief attempts to fix the figures to give the impression that crime is not out of control.

If you would check the identification numbers (ID numbers) at the PD for police officers you will see that we are into the 700 series. That means that over 400 officers have came through our doors and left with only about 40 people actually retiring in the past 20 years, my question is how much has it cost the city to train those employees who have left?

With the SO take over we will have double the units on the road to patrol the city each shift, along with the extra resources that the sheriff will bring in like he has done in Belle Glade and other cities they have taken over.

With the benefits the SO offers no one will leave resulting with the city having more experienced officers working here and not moving on after we spend so much money on them.

I know that police chief is fighting this merger, but it is because of him and his neglect to the department is the reason why we now have the problems we are experiencing now with turn over and crime issues.

I laughed when in the meeting 2 weeks ago when he lied to all of you, telling you that he can have the recourses in the city with one phone call under mutual aid.
As a Commissioner I would have to ask the chief that if he could have 20 extra officers here with just a phone call under mutual aid why hasn’t he done this yet?
ANSWER,

Working the patrol division we go to work with between 5 and 6 zones, we go call to call all shift and we have no time for prevented patrol and quality service.

The SO will place 14 zones/units a shift plus extra manpower to combat the crime situation, how can you go wrong.

I look at it like this, either sign the contract with the SO and have the police services the city residents deserve or continue this out of spin management style at the PD with low moral, high turn over rate and high crime and continue throwing away good money and getting nothing in return for it.

The
I would like to make a correction to my last, we are in the 800 as far as ID numbers, that means from 2006-2008 the city hired and trained 400 officers for a department of 93, that’s a four time turn over.

Its worse then I thought.

08-20-2008, 11:58 PM
The saga continues...Monday the 25th at 6 pm- special commission meeting in Lake Worth to approve the contract. Expect the usual suspects Commissioner Golden and Jennings to oppose, stall, delay, obfuscate, confuse, ignore the merely obvious and misunderstand the incredibly obvious. They will be aided and abetted by a city manager (bolo for Lake Worth City Manager - too often missing in action), and the infamous Finance Director who never met a cop he didn't want to take a little more from to balance a budget shortfall he controls.

Come if you can to support the LW leos and the citizens who support all of you and deeply appreciate the dangerous jobs you do every day.

There will be Deputies there to support our family in Lake Worth. We have to stay strong and vocal. As a Deputy, I welcome all of you to PBSO. It's a great place and with the additon of Lake Worth and their officers, it will only become better.

08-21-2008, 12:00 AM

ANSWER,

The

Well said