PDA

View Full Version : Union meeting

08-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Does anybody know what happened at the union meeting on tuesday night? It is almost a week now and nothing has been provided concerning what happened. I work shift and was unable to attend.

08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Just like when the union deals with their members, there has been no reply to this question.... Perfect example of the Teamsters.

08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Our union is pathetic. Pick any topic you want. Discipline, off duty driving, pay raise, tobacco policy, PAT, pay issues, etc...we are without assistance from the 4th floor and the county.

08-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Our union is pathetic. Pick any topic you want. Discipline, off duty driving, pay raise, tobacco policy, PAT, pay issues, etc...we are without assistance from the 4th floor and the county.

And I'm sure you take an active roll too, right?

08-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for asking. Yes I do. I also take an active ROLE. I work shift work and cannot attend every meeting. I pay my $600 a year in dues. I have attended a couple of the special negotiating sessions. I would also be willing to put election signs in my front yard (as others have indicated they would be willing to do).

I think this forum is such that one should be allowed to vent. If somebody is spending $600 a year in dues I think that in itself shows commitment. There is such a level of frustration and low morale now.

08-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks for asking. Yes I do. I also take an active ROLE. I work shift work and cannot attend every meeting. I pay my $600 a year in dues. I have attended a couple of the special negotiating sessions. I would also be willing to put election signs in my front yard (as others have indicated they would be willing to do).

I think this forum is such that one should be allowed to vent. If somebody is spending $600 a year in dues I think that in itself shows commitment. There is such a level of frustration and low morale now.

A little touchy are we? I pay my dues to, so don't assume I don't (by the way, I also work shift work). If you're not happy with the union, might I suggest you run for the next head spot to take over for Les. Sounds like you're willing to do that.

08-07-2008, 11:14 AM

A little touchy are we? I pay my dues to, so don't assume I don't (by the way, I also work shift work). If you're not happy with the union, might I suggest you run for the next head spot to take over for Les. Sounds like you're willing to do that.

How bout we dump the Teamsters all together?

Is it really Les and Jeff that refuse to have an attorney for the negotiations? Would replacing them with different members be any better?

08-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree completely. The meetings I have attended it was all about asking the union to have an attorney present (for the longest time). When the attorney does show up he knows nothing about our contract. Nothing about our plight. He is probably the one who does not know the difference between "roll" and "role".

08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree completely. The meetings I have attended it was all about asking the union to have an attorney present (for the longest time). When the attorney does show up he knows nothing about our contract. Nothing about our plight. He is probably the one who does not know the difference between "roll" and "role".

Is that the attorney's fault or the board's fault for not getting it to him? I say the latter.

08-08-2008, 11:49 PM

How bout we dump the Teamsters all together?

Is it really Les and Jeff that refuse to have an attorney for the negotiations? Would replacing them with different members be any better?

Joel Turney for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will change with common sense.

08-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree. He would make a fantastic president. He has no hidden agendas. and has a spine and backbone as well.