PDA

View Full Version : Application Process

07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I've been thinking about applying for Miccosukee Police as well as a few other departments. Many of the other departments that I have been thinking about applying to have the application process listed somewhere on their website or in their reading materials although I haven't been able to find out anything regarding the order of steps for the Miccosukee hiring process. Can anybody here give me a bit of info about how it works. I was wondering about the steps that take place once the application is submitted. Thanks.

MOD 456
07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Here's how it goes:

1.Pick up the application
2.Fill out the app.
3.If Non-Certified take CJBAT and Agility test at BCC (not required for certified) You must pass both.
4.Turn in your app. with passing scores and other documents
5.Take our swim test (must pass to continue)
6.Take Psych. (must pass to continue)
7.Background is completed
8.Oral Board interview (must pass to continue)
9.Take medical exam and drug test (must pass to continue)
10. Attend Academy for Non-Certified (Sponsored) Certifed start FTO

Thats all, good luck!

08-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Here's how it goes:

1.Pick up the application
2.Fill out the app.
3.If Non-Certified take CJBAT and Agility test at BCC (not required for certified) You must pass both.
4.Turn in your app. with passing scores and other documents
5.Take our swim test (must pass to continue)
6.Take Psych. (must pass to continue)
7.Background is completed
8.Oral Board interview (must pass to continue)
9.Take medical exam and drug test (must pass to continue)
10. Attend Academy for Non-Certified (Sponsored) Certifed start FTO

Thats all, good luck!

Mod - Thank you for the info...I've got just a few more questions if you don't mind.

Is it safe to assume that we would find out if we pass the swim test right after it is taken?

I was wondering if the same would go for both the Psych amd Oral Board? Do we find out if we passed/failed on the same day the those are taken or if not, how long after those do we find out if we move on to the next step?

P.S. - What does the swim test consist of?

Thanks!

MOD 456
08-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Yes, you will no swim results same day, as far as psych. goes no , i believe it takes about a week to find out, the oral board also takes a few days. The swim test for what I have heard is 1 lap of an olympic size pool any strike except back, and dive to bottom of deep end retreive something and bring it back up.

02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
How long might the backgrounds take? At this point, im certain that they have contacted my employment and references.

02-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Yes, you will no swim results same day, as far as psych. goes no , i believe it takes about a week to find out, the oral board also takes a few days. The swim test for what I have heard is 1 lap of an olympic size pool any strike except back, and dive to bottom of deep end retreive something and bring it back up.

Did you pass the 7th grade?