PDA

View Full Version : fop

07-30-2008, 12:13 AM
i know the elections are soon, anfone advise when, qualifications and who is running for what?

07-30-2008, 12:55 AM
The Fraternal election is in November and you must have at least six meetings in attendance or be on evening shift per the by-laws. This is a Fraternal election only, not labor. As far as the FOP Officer Labor Unit the election is not until July of next year. Nominations for the Fraternal Lodge will be in the November meeting and the vote will be held in December for any open position. The Supervisor's Labor Unit is also having an election in November of this year for that requirement you will need to get with the current Supervisors board. Hope this helps.

Semper Fi

07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
This would be an excellent opportunity to separate the fraternal issues from the labor issues. A fraternal president and a separtate labor president are permitted under the bylaws. The would ensure a balance in power and that fraternal and labor funds are never commingled.

07-31-2008, 04:43 PM
You cannot commingle labor or fraternal funds. Any questions on the officers contact JP and for the supervisor contact DS. They are the keepers of the money.

08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I have been a member of FOP for a long time and VERY upset I did not have a say in the endorsement for Sheriff. I think the members should of had a say so.

08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
They did. You should have been at the meeting. Talk to SGT. BooBoo Young as he brougt Pik to be endorsed by the members. Ask BooBoo when it was. It was at that meeting it was voted on by the membership. When in doubt come to a meeting, it helps....