PDA

View Full Version : New Cars

07-27-2008, 10:02 PM
So what do you think the chances are of NOT getting rid of any vehicles this year when the 2008's role out and start getting assigned? We are so short of cars, something has to be done. Its actually quite sad to see the new people scury around the lot looking for a car, a computer; only to come back hours later becuase the car they took broke down or was unsafe to drive. I also think LT needs to work on HOW these cars are assigned. Why does the BIKE PATROL unit consisting of 6 people need to have 6 cars assigned to it. They all ride bikes, and when they do take a car out, theres always 2 to a car. Thats some cars you can free up there. AT LEAST assign them the older cars. Apparently the bike unit is getting a brand new 08, theres NO reason for that, let them take an older car. CPCs all have brand new cars - they hardly run code.

We need to reorganize this and keep the working cars to the people that work and need them. Its absurd to have someone running code in a car thats 8 years old with 150 plus miles when you have a BIKE cop using a brand new car to drive to work and park it. Or drive 4 miles and park it to get their bike out.

Also computers. Again, why does the bike unit need computers? Last i saw there was no MDT stand mounted on their huffys!

07-31-2008, 06:51 AM
By the sound of your problems, i would take all of the bike units vehicles adn assign them to patrol. One car would be assigned to bikes, the day time guys would use it, and it would than be passed on to the night time bike units. THATS ABSURD, why do they all need their own car when there together all the time, and why do they need a take home car to simply drive to work>>>???

07-31-2008, 07:09 AM
who you kidding! Bikes are a WARD 4 thing. the ward 4 LT assigns cars. Of course all the bike boys will have brand new cars! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

07-31-2008, 12:24 PM
The ward 4 LT is a mule.

07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
..i think it is a job for the newly formed anti-crime, narcotic interdiction, counter terrorism, EOD, fugitive recovery, air assualt, guerilla war, street crime, auto-theft on-star /low-jack vehicle recovery, speacial forces joint task force bike unit lead by the glass chewing, powerhouse ward 4 Lt. and his sidekick dinglebury the master patrol officer golfview superstar !!!!

I got this off an old post and I believe it says it all. good job taking care of the patrol officers Lt, you have yet to be a cop in your career, how does it make you feel that after all these years you are nothing more than a waste of good office space. mabyee you can join the loveboat crew along with the delta love triangle, hold hands with big butt/tight pants (formerly from delta) and sail away with the chief !!!!!!!!!!!

07-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Will you guys please stop ridiculing my fellow bike enthusiasts? Please get your facts straight and understand that Morrissey has been here for almost 25 years, Newbuy for over 7 years, and O'Riley for over 5 years. These officers had their take homes prior to entering the unit. They should not be punished for have seniority over you rookies. One of the benefits of being in a specialty unit is to have a take home car. What is next, do you want to take the cars away from SRO's? Why don't you rookies come to work, do your job, and once you have a few years on look for your vehicles. If you want to go to the County or the Cape, please do so in an orderly fashion. In the last 3 years we have only hired a few good cops, and these aren't the ones that moan and complain. So do us a favor and simply leave if you don't like it here.

07-31-2008, 06:59 PM
shut-up lance or should i say loveboat captian (we all know who you are) no one cares what you think. all the goods have left and the reat are almost gone loser. hold the door open for rog on your way out loser.

07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
i heard there will about 4-5 more people leaving for the county, so tell me lance what will happen then when there is no one left to patrol ???

07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I heard the same thing. The class that graduated almost two years ago of like 18 people is coming up on their two year contract mark, and im willing to bet a good number of them fly the coop.

08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Can you blame them? Seriously, look at this circus. FMPD can't even get acredidated. The best thing a young cop can do at 2210 Peck St. is to leave.