PDA

View Full Version : Proud

07-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I have talked with several officers over the past few days and shared discussion on a number of topics, That is how I prefer to do things, to each their own.

What I would like to say now to everyone who reads this, present or former FMPD officers or outsiders, I have never been more proud to be an officer with FMPD.

Patience will prevail, I believe good things happen to good people and you are all good people. So keep doing the right thing even when nobodys looking and we will all come out on top.

Thank you all for doing an outstanding job during the trajedy we just experienced I hope we never have to experience it again.

With that said I expect to get blasted by at least a couple, I can take it fire away.

Here to serrve you.

Dennis Eads [/i]

07-26-2008, 11:47 PM
LT, I agree whole heartedly, we are a family and will surivie as one. The support of each other shown the past week is beyond words. we will all "CHARLIE MIKE" together. We are a family and are calle to serve!
Now we have leaders who "Lead From The Front" I am proud to be FMPD.

07-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Dennis , how are you brother?. I was proud to see you step up , as did Doug Baker ,as true leaders when needed most. Unfortunately it takes tragic incidents to bring people closer together.
I have been through this too many times, and was a product of that environment when I came to FMPD. Maybe now some will understand why I was so passionately pro-cop. Everyone I have spoken with from within, outside ,former, and other agencies agree ,that you guys did an outstanding job. I hope the agency maintains the level of camaraderie you have reached, despite the fact of a certain persons absence(yes thats a hit),we won't get into that.
If anyone has the nerve to come on and "blast" your post as you put it, expect me to come on with some clever shots in your defense, as I do have a bit of time on my hands- lol.
After a certain amount of years, I think one becomes incapable of not thinking like a cop. ---Serge
Regards to all, let this make you stronger, prouder ,and safer.

07-27-2008, 01:56 AM
Well said LT...Most of us feel the same way. You are a true leader sir, and a pleasure/honor to work for. Something tells me the LT is not taking the buy out. I myself hope you stay another 5 years.

If you do choose to retire...Would you mind instructing the chain smoking, back lot loitering Lieutenant how its done, he doesn't seem to get it.

07-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Well said Lt.Eads, and Serge, Serge We miss you bro' 8)

07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
LT; By the sound of everyone on this board your are by far the best and favorite LT, and in a time like this its even more important you dont take the buy out and stay on for another 5 years. i think you would be bored and miss it too much anyway.

07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Lt. you by far are the best leader I have ever met. You told us the other night to try and not think about the past and think about the future. That helped me out alot. You have always lead your officers into battle at the front of the line. You have to be the most respectful officer in the department. Part of me would like to see you take the buy out. Because you have served your time in this line of work. And you deserve to retire. The other part of me, hopes that you will not leave us. You motivate me to become a better person and a better cop. I don't know how you could get up and speak at the funeral the other day and not break down. You are one tough cop. I'm so proud to have you as a leader in our department.

If there is anyone that wants to "blast" you, they should be shot....

07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
L.T., we do not want you to retire. We need leaders like you to properly evaluate our uses of force. With some supervisors we are guilty until proven innocent, and you never made the cops feel as if they were in the wrong. Everytime we go out East we have to worry about having to use force against a certain L.T.'s drug dealing kin, and having him show up for the investigation to roast an innocent officer. Please don't go....

07-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Dennis - put in for chief spot, Serge ,come back the anti-christ is gone!!!