PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the C.A.D.

07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Why do officers "feed the cad"? We have been told more than once, it serves NO purpose.
Why do officers only "feed it" when it involves paperwork.
The same officer may check 15 users that are all N.V. and they dont touch the mic.
Let this officer find a boater without a whistle or reg. paper on board....and all of a sudden the cad has gotten hungry agian!
They feel obligated to run the registration numbers, even though they have the registration in hand.
They then will open a 29I, run 29p's on everyone on board.
And anything thing else that will give them a few moments of fame on the radio. You know who these officers are. They are scattered all around Florida. But back to the question...Why do they feed the CAD?
The cad is intended to track an officers activity. Its that simple. If you only 'feed it' when you have paper.....your actually ruining the entire system that your "feeding".
And by the way, we have the old outdated F.H.P. cad system. The one that we have very little ability to pull information from. Why do you think FHP replaced it? It was outdated!
So, the next time your about to "feed the CAD" ask yourself WHY?
I get a kick out of the ones that have completely finished with the stop....written the paper work....had a sip of cold water... THEN they call in a 29I and "feed the cad".....Go figure

07-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Its called police work. If something happens to you then they have a starting point, get out of the stone age.

07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Its called police work. If something happens to you then they have a starting point, get out of the stone age.You think you do police work? Now thats funny. Checking fishing lic. Hunting lic. lifejackets. this is Police work at it best. The other poster can get out of the stone age, while YOU get out of fantasy land. Your no police officer.

07-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Some of us are actually proactive :!: Get off your a$$ and try it.

07-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Its called police work. If something happens to you then they have a starting point, get out of the stone age.You think you do police work? Now thats funny. Checking fishing lic. Hunting lic. lifejackets. this is Police work at it best. The other poster can get out of the stone age, while YOU get out of fantasy land. Your no police officer.

it's funny that you don't think that were not police officers; i bet you work for some city pd and could not get hired on with us. not only are we state police officers but we are also deputized federal officers with ICE, US Fish and wildlife, NOAA. your have no concept at what we do i just went to a domestic on the water and had no back-up. unlike you on the land with 50 officers backing you up. shut up and stay on your own site.

07-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Some of us are actually proactive :!: Get off your a$$ and try it.Proactive....ha ha ha
whats proactive about 'feeding the cad"? Its all about running your mouth on the radio. Proactive..... running the registration, when its in your hand.
Proactive.....running 29P ALL THE WAY AROUND, and finding someone wanted for child support fees
Proactive....making sure everyone in your area KNOWS you wrote a warning or citation
Proactive.....Trying to look sooooooooo busy
Proactive...."Feeding the CAD"

21Regal
07-27-2008, 03:52 PM
"running 29P ALL THE WAY AROUND, and finding someone wanted for child support fees"
I think some of the people who actually are due the fees need to pay you a visit. And make sure to tell the Judge who signed the order that too.
B W P&M

DON'T MESS WITH THE SQUIRREL

07-30-2008, 02:11 PM
"running 29P ALL THE WAY AROUND, and finding someone wanted for child support fees"
I think some of the people who actually are due the fees need to pay you a visit. And make sure to tell the Judge who signed the order that too.
B W P&M

DON'T MESS WITH THE SQUIRRELOk OK OK Mr. Squirrel, you may be right about the child support. You missed the whole concept of the post. The post is about officers running information over the radio for no reason other than yapping about "paper". You know EXACTLY what Im talking about. The ones that actaually finished the stop five minutes earlier, and then pick up the mic, open a 29I, run a bunch of crap, all this so they can close it with Indigo times one. They do it for one simple reason.......TO BE HEARD!
They take offense if you point out that there is NO REASON to "FEED THE CAD". I've even heard the statement made " if you do nothing else, make SURE you get on the CAD ststem sometime during your shift"
In other words...make it look like your soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy.
Thankfully we only have 3 or 4 officers in this area that compete with eachother daily. Do they not realize ALL the other officers are laughing at their radio traffic? Even some of the dispatchers joke about it.
This goes hand in hand with our traffic stops. What is the disposition of nearly EVERY single traffic stop? I'm talking close to 99%. VW
WE stop you and we "get on to you" with a VW. Sometimes several VW's.
But... the good thing is...."we fed the CAD"
We need to either purchase a new CAD system or declare it FULL.

07-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know how it works in your area but where I work if I run a vehicle parked in a strange location or a boat that doesn't look right our dispatchers advise us how many times that vehicle or vessel has been run and by which officer. It helps establish a pattern. I was able to find three different offload locations during run season which helped in making several good cases. If officers were not feeding the CAD as you call it there will never be any info to build on.

07-30-2008, 11:51 PM
On traffic stops I call them in. Then again I don't pull folks over in a vehicle every day. The CAD can be used in a good way, previous post, or in a silly way, your post. If they want to do that then call in a 29I, 62, 116B, etc. for an area and don't close it out until they leave the area. In areas where you have newer Officers you probably will have more traffic. In our area guys will call in boat stops during peak OUI times. It lets the rest of us on the shift know where each other are just in case. We do tend to get our share of warrant hits in our region. Does it create radio traffic, yep, but thats how you get them. Some folks call in more than others if they are in remote areas. This discussion can go either way but if someone is working, I wont complain. If you got someone that is lets say being a bit redundant with the VW's then peer pressure is the best way to work on them. Maybe some hole punch paper in the vents with the A/C turned wide open helps too :lol:

08-01-2008, 01:42 AM
We all know there are many times we NEED to run tags, names,registrations. The post is about the idiots that run things just to be heard on the radio. They run a boat registration even when they have the paper in their hands. They run a dl check for number and expiration date, even though they have the dl in hand. And they are doing all this 15 minutes AFTER the stop! When asked why they do this....they reply"Im feeding the CAD". It seems to be imbedded into them. They understand that there is no valid argument as to why they do it, but do it they must.
Its the same ones that ONLY call in when they have paper written. They may check 15 boats with no vioaltions and never touch the mic. Then they find an infraction...... and call in a 29I AFTER writting the citation.
They make it look to the cad system that EVERYONE is a non compliant user.
While they think they are "looking good to the brass", they are actually screwing up the whole system.
Listen up the next time.....you'll see there are a few of these idiots in your area too. Stay Safe

08-08-2008, 01:15 AM
You are required to call in or "feed the cad" as you say if you make a stop. Try reading your own policy, I found it on your website!

08-08-2008, 03:29 AM
You are required to call in or "feed the cad" as you say if you make a stop. Try reading your own policy, I found it on your website!

go back to your own board :arrow: