PDA

View Full Version : Torn between two jobs, not!

07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
As of today, Friday, July 25, 2008, Chief Gerald Darling has not officially resigned from the school police, but has indicated his intentions via fax to his command staff. He will be on a leave of absence and is placing Major Milton as interim chief for a week. The MCS website posted that Chief Darling is to begin on Monday, July 28, 2008, for the position of MCS as Chief of School Safety, Security and Emergency Management. It astounds me that the FOP has not protested this absurd move of serving two masters. I find this to be unethical and disrespectful to the men and women of this department. The Chief will serve on two school cabinets while plainly ignoring the community of Miami-Dade County who continually pay his salary. I understand he was never good for this department; therefore, he needs to leave for good. The union must say something even in the midst of a catch 22. This uncertainty for our department will only deteriorate what little moral we have and what little confidence we have in our leaders and our union.

I will post the definition to those who are uncertain and those who are assisting this failure of Chief:

Eth•ic
Pronunciation:
\ˈe-thik\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English ethik, from Middle French ethique, from Latin ethice, from Greek ēthikē, from ēthikos
Date:
14th century
1plural but sing or plural in constr : the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation2 a: a set of moral principles : a theory or system of moral values <the present-day materialistic ethic> <an old-fashioned work ethic> —often used in plural but singular or plural in construction <an elaborate ethics><Christian ethics> bplural but sing or plural in constr : the principles of conduct governing an individual or a group <professional ethics> c: a guiding philosophy d: a consciousness of moral importance

In the words of a great president:

Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.

John Adams

07-25-2008, 11:03 PM
I think its hurley now. Horgan and Moffett, watch your backs brothers! He was the mastermind that tried to get rid of you guys before. Things have not changed. He will try to badmouth his formor hook up now that he is gone but always remember that he was the one who tried to make you lose your pention. He didnt even call you to give you a heads up.

Before Gerry shit, he already knew about it and had toilet paper ready. But he will try to tell you he did not know Gerry was going to call you into his office and threaten you with your jobs becasue you were not part of his team. So if you were not part of Gerrys team, who was?

He was able to ged rid of blom not you guys. But you are still here and as long as you guys are here you will have targets on your backs. you will always be a threat.

Watch your backs.

07-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Update information, Superintendant Rudy Crew has just named Commander Hurley as Interim Chief. I sorry to say, but Hurley does not meet the minimal requirements to be chief. I guess the powers that be (superintendant) continue to lower the standards with the FOP’s blessing. Isn’t there something wrong with this, am I the only one who sees this disaster.

I feel that Howard and most members of the FOP board need to go, and I hope the rest of the membership will vote their conscious and decide that we need change. We need to regain the integrity we fought to achieve when Cuccaro was here. I’m tired of the hook-ups and the agenda driven maniacs.

07-26-2008, 02:38 AM
IF RUMORS ARE TRUE I THINK ITS GREAT THAT COMMANDER HURLEY WILL BE OUR NEXT CHIEF! I ONLY ASK THAT SINCE HE IS HAS NEVER BEEN A DETECTIVE BUT HE WANTS TO BE CHIEF THAT ONE OF US FTO HIM ON HOW TO DO AN INVESTIGATION AND A PI. ISNT HE THE ONLY UPPER RANK GUY THAT HAS NEVER BEEN IN GIU. WOW HE MUST BE PRETTY SMART THAT HE GOING TO BE CHIEF AND NEVER DID AN INVESTIGATION. MAYBE PEREZ, RODAK, TARAGO, RAMIREZ, ACENCIO, FERNANDEZ, KITCHELL AND CORREA CAN TEACH HIM HOW TO RUN A STATION. ITS IMPORTANT TO RUN A STATION BEFORE YOU RUN A DEPARTMENT. I SUPPORT OUR NEW CHIEF AND HOPE YOU DO TO

07-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Whatever loser wants to get on here and badmouth Hurley obviously has no intention on this department ever moving forward. Hurley, has the opportunity and the responsibility to rally the troops and move us forward. Please lets find it in our hearts to support him as good cops. He has laways been real. We deserve him. Lets finally raise the morale and move ahead. Congratulations, to Hurley.

07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
I agree. Hurley will lead us forward. This time lets try helping he Chief.

07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
I agree. Hurley will lead us forward. This time lets try helping he Chief.

07-26-2008, 03:37 AM
I was hoping it woul be Hurley. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations from your friends in North Operations.

07-26-2008, 03:53 AM
First order of business is to get the job description for chief and lower the minimum qualifications so that Hurley can be considered for the job on a permament basis. Without that he can only be interim. So lets protest in front of each board members home with signs saying "LOWER THE STANDARDS FOR THE POLICE CHIEF NOW". I know Howie and the union will go for it. Lets show them that we will fight to get the standards lowered.

07-26-2008, 05:47 AM
congrats howie! You stood by while hurley and the gimp tried to get rid of Ian Dermet and Blum but you spoke to crew and recomended your swat buddy Hurley for chief. i guess you can get invloved afterall.

07-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Nobody bad mouthed anybody you poor excuse of an officer. The sad part is you don't understand the meaning of STANDARD(something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, weight, extent, value, or quality). If this is the case, lets all remover our ranks. If we keep moving in this direction, we will never survive this dilema. The other agencies are laughing at us, can't you see the big picture all of you arse sniffers.

07-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Precilla, of all police agencies in Miami-Dade County, yours must have the highest STANDARDS, for it "serves and protect" our community's most cherished population -- our children!

Call me a naive, Old School Cop, but I have faith that a selection process will be effected. Hopefully, a person -- preferably indigenous to our community -- experienced in police management, knowledgeable of the laws of our state and sufficiently mature to handle the burden of command will be selected.

07-26-2008, 09:22 PM
This all feels like a "coup d’état" and our union and leaders are letting this happen for the betterment of the few. What a legacy Darling is leaving behind, low pay, low moral, chaos and confusion, and insisting to his boss, Mr. Crew, that Commander Hurley is the better choice than any option he has available. The union has failed in every aspect to maintain self preservation for the rank and file. It has not issued a statement or taken a stance whether they are in favor or in decline of the Chief's decision to name his predecessor. We have learned that it will be Hurley despite faxing out a memo palcing Major Milton as interim. Mr Hurley is not ready for the position nor qualified for. The FOP is accepting everything like in our past when the men and women accepted a baseball cap instead of a raise. I have an idea, since the department and the school board have decided to lower the standards for chief, why can't everyone take the sergeant's exam. Maybe, everyone should just accept that this train ride is comming to an end and should just get off. At one point every individual has to accept the reality that a few judas' can bring down a wall.

I will leave with a quote from a visionary, "Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct."

Thomas Jefferson

07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I dont get it. Was Hurley arrested or not? If he was arrested how did he become a cop here. Did he say it on his application? If he was arrested why would the schools board make him a chief? Is the best the schools board cant do is a glorified sergeant who did not supervise no one as a comander?

This would stiill have to go to a vote. Im sure the schools board does not know anything he was in jail. they also dont know he did not supervise no one during the last few years. what about the DV.

Let the school board know and he is done. He should have stayed low profile if I was him.

let the anonymus letters to the board begin!

07-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Banana Republic, Rouge department, free for all, gang of thieves, bunch of impostors. Word is out that this agency has finally fallen. FDLE advised that although there are no legal violations, the fact is that the department cannot be trusted with any kind of sensitive information as it adheres to no formal structure or guidlelines on a consistent basis and should be viewed more like a security guard company.

Darling with the help of the union took what I thought was a department with promise and potential and turned it into the laughing stock of of south florida. (The gang that cjouldn't shoot straight) WHAT A JOKE. Let's just change our name to "District Security". That's all we are and that's all we'll ever be. Thanks Howard.